Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

At the Lathander Temple...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackmore's Knight

Blackmore's Knight

At the Lathander Temple... Empty
PostSubject: At the Lathander Temple...   At the Lathander Temple... EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Kirala, as is her normal daily routine, descends down the stairs of the Order of the Aster barracks to the chapel on the main floor, the centerpiece of the temple. Only, today is somewhat different. The knight is in newly forged and tailored attire, her mithral plate refashioned into something far more elaborate and ornate, covered in red and gold enamel. The sword hanging on her side is likewise a new addition to her armory, and is as well a combination of red and gold, the Lathander colors. And indeed, Kirala looks in every way, at least in dress, a knight of the Morninglord this morning, though the woman inside the armor looks as small, thin, and awkward as ever. She takes her usual place among her fellow Order members as the daily prayers to their lord are gone through, saying her parts with real fervor and devotion, and inwardly praying for strength for what she is soon to attempt. As the prayers to Lathander end, the young knight stands up. She takes a deep breath and speaks in a slow, deliberate tone, as if trying to downplay her slummy heritage.

"I.. Would like to speak, sers and ladies.." She says as she moves towards the center of the altar area, and then looks out into the crowd of worshipers. She awkwardly adjusts her red headband and moves some messy, freshly washed hair out of her face before continuing.

"If.. You don't know me, I am Kirala Irithal, a member of the.. Order of the Aster. What I want to say is going to be.. Directed to them, mostly, but I ask that the rest of you stay and here me out as well... As you all know, this chapter of.. The Order of the Aster has been without an acting Knight-Protector since Knight-Protector Elric departed. I don't know where he is.. Or if he's to come back.. But I do know that the enemies of this church did not disappear with him. The Banites in Shadowdale are as active as ever, denying that area's civilians the light of freedom. The Shadovar.. Shar.. Still block out the sun with their shadow. And it is my belief, at least, that these evils cannot be combated by a disorganized Order. We lack a leader when a leader is most needed. I cannot claim to be even half the knight that Elric was, but all the same... I have sacrificed much for the good of this temple and its people. I will give whatever of myself is necessary for its continued safety and prosperity. And not just for Lathander and his flock, but for all who are good of heart in this world, for all that give their devotion to a goodly god. We are not alone in this struggle, fellow Lathanderites, but we need leaders for our identity all the same. I cannot and will not speak for our lack of a Dawnmaster, but for our lack of a Knight-Protector... If my fellow men and women of the Order would have me as their leader, and if my fellow worshipers of the Morninglord would have me for their sword and shield.. I humbly put myself forward to be the acting Knight-Protector of this chapter of the Order of the Aster until such a time as Elric may return."

The knight nervously rests a hand on the pommel of her sword as she looks out into the crowd, waiting for the reaction.

(( OOC: I don't know the procedure for taking over a player faction when.. The players that led it left, so this is my way to go at it. ))
Back to top Go down
enigma

enigma

PostSubject: Re: At the Lathander Temple...   At the Lathander Temple... EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:21 pm

From the front row of the congregation comes a clearing of throat, and the Monastic Abbot of the temple rises with gravitas and walks to the altar to stand beside Kirala.

In the few small steps needed to reach the altar, Elijah takes a moment to study Kirala with a steady, piercing gaze. The soon-to-be Knight Protector's armor is as new as her manner of speaking this day. And the slight tremor in her voice is akin to the earliest rays of a sunrise. Somewhat uneven at first, but only a matter of time before the full glory of dawn bursts forth.

Looking at the congregation, the monk begins his pronouncement in the solemnest of tones. "On behalf of the Order of the Sun Soul, we fully support Kirala Irithal in her taking leadership of the Order of the Aster. Praise be to the Morninglord who raises up a new servant as surely as He brings forth a new dawn." Elijah then continues to list, from his recollections, brows furrowing as he does so, Kirala's achievements and deeds in her service to the temple thus far. The list ends with the monk recounting a recent story of how Kirala spoke much needed sense to a certain distraught monk who nearly burned a forest down.

At that, Elijah looks at Kirala and breaks into a warm approving smile, his first in many days, before taking his seat with the congregation.

Last edited by enigma on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VerdeVerde

PostSubject: Re: At the Lathander Temple...   At the Lathander Temple... EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:05 am

A young elf wearing a nicely tailored silken outfit grins happily up to the knight as she speaks. During the whole speech Ky beams with excitement for her friend. As Kirala finishes and Elija stands to give his word on her ascension to head of the order, she starts to settle down, listening more closely and nodding to help verify each achievement that is listed, as well as mouthing a few of her own that she'd like to add. As he finished, she looked back to Kirala, waiting to see what would happen next, her grin still shining.
Back to top Go down
Blackmore's Knight

Blackmore's Knight

PostSubject: Re: At the Lathander Temple...   At the Lathander Temple... EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 5:48 pm

(( I'm going to hold off for a day or two to see if any DMs/other players want to do anything. If not, since this is a player faction above all, I'll assume no one at the church has any problems with her taking over. ))
Back to top Go down
Eboros

PostSubject: Re: At the Lathander Temple...   At the Lathander Temple... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:19 am

Ratava listen's to Kirala's address quietly, from the back of the congregation. With a soft sigh, and muttered words of sadness over Elric's departure, he nods in support of Kira, smiling earnestly, before leaving to resume his patrol.

Last edited by Eboros on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smithers666

PostSubject: Re: At the Lathander Temple...   At the Lathander Temple... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 2:28 am

Evan sits beside Ratava.
He thinks to himself *Elric might have been a little on the stiff side, but the dales will be lesser without him present*
He follows Ratava on the patrol.
Back to top Go down
Blackmore's Knight

Blackmore's Knight

PostSubject: Re: At the Lathander Temple...   At the Lathander Temple... EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:01 pm

(( Now that I actually have more than 20 minutes to myself... ))

The young knight stands somewhat awkwardly as Elijah lists off her achievements, yet solemnly as well. There are very few hints of pride or hubris on the woman's face, she seems to have taken that part of her vow to heart if nothing else. She returns the smile given before the Abbot returns to his seat, then takes the next few moments to scan what crowd might be there. She lets her gaze linger on Ky for a few moments longer than the others, returning the grin for the time she spends looking at the Elf. She would then look to her fellow Order of the Aster members, who, although none step up to actively speak in her favor, nor do any move up to oppose her. Instead, she receives a few supportive nods from what knights she has gotten to know on some level and a more passive acceptance from the ones that only know of her from what deeds she has done.

"Very well, then.. If this church and this chapter will have me for their Knight-Protector in Elric's stead..." She draws her longsword, fashioned so that the blade is a pure golden color, and rests the tip of it on the ground so that the sword stands perpendicular. Resting her gauntlet-bearing hands on the hilt, the knight lowers her gaze to a more inward-searching level and finds the words to say,

"First.. I solemnly reaffirm the vows I took when I entered this Order. I shall be the light in the darkness.. My sword, shield, and life I give to the preservation of this church, its lands, its people, and all that is good in the realm. I shall ward against pride and hubris, for they are the unmaking of a pious soldier. My deeds.. Are for Lathander, not for myself..." She pauses a few moments before raising her eyes to the congregation and saying the more rank-centric parts, "I vow that I shall do my utmost to lead this chapter of the Order of the Aster, and guide its members in their proper manners and duties. Each blemish upon them I shall take as a blemish to myself, as well. I shall strive to lead this Order, this region, into greater glory and goodness for Lathander, our Lord. These I do swear on my sword, life, and faith." She then raises her sword and lets the light glint off the polished golden blade, "May Lathander bless us all!"

(( OOC: As time permits over the next few days I'll start to re-tool factional topics, posts, the forum and such. ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At the Lathander Temple...   At the Lathander Temple... Empty

Back to top Go down

At the Lathander Temple...
Page 1 of 1