Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A priest stands before the High Counsil

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

A priest stands before the High Counsil Empty
PostSubject: A priest stands before the High Counsil   A priest stands before the High Counsil EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 5:14 am

//// The following is posted with dm-permission ////

*A tall elderly sun-elf with a stern look on his face walks towards the High-counsil hall.
He is clad in a full-platemail with a greenish hue, silver markings and the symbol of Corellon on either shoulder.

The armor is of old design and marked by many battles yet considering both its and the owners age it is in prestine condition. Only the breastplate seems brand new, the surface polished and blank with a slightly more green hue than the rest of the suit.

He holds his helmet under his left arm, and his right elbow rests idle on the swordhilt of the longsword hanging by his side. His walk and stance is that of a proud soldier.
His shoulder-long chest-nut-red hair with lines of silver hangs losely down, swirling in the wind as he walks, his green cloak with Corellons symbol danceing behind him.

He stops in front of the High counsil and offers a deep formal bow, then places his helmet and his sheathed blade on a table and takes a stance before the court, his hands folded in front of him.
The emerald green eyes glimt with resolve as he begins to speak in a clear voice*

My lady Coronal.
Most honorable members of the counsil...
You brighten my honor by allowing me to speak this day.

*looks up and regards each member in turn with a friendly glimt in the otherwise stern eyes, then continues speaking, now with his hands spread low out, palms faceing the counsil*

I come before You on behalf of one whom I love...The Elf!

I am Brenor, head of House Hastalion and a war-priest of our divine Lord Corellon and I stand here today angered, disapointed and sad...*looks up with a stern face*...but allso with greater resolve than I have feelt for decades.

Since my arrival here at the realm of Commathor, I have seen many a sight, I for the love of Corellon never thought I should see. I have heard many things, I would have laughed at the prospect of hearing...for I would not have believed them to be true.

Bickering, Anger, Distrust...Hate?....all of these I have witnessed with my own eyes....amongst elves...*looks up and gestures with a glenced fist* amongst our kin, family...our own blood....Eldarim and Sylvan alike.

*starts to slowly walk up and down the floor, his hands folded on his lower back*

I was born and raised on The Green Isle, with tales of the legends of Corellon and the Seldarine.
For as long as I can remember, there has been an influx of elves, Eldarim and Sylvans alike bringing tales of slaughter, war and orpression by the hands on humans.
My veiws on those not of the people have allways been....harsh...conservative and stern.
It is how I was raised, it is how I was taught....it is what I believe to be right.

The great Retreat, the fall of Myth Drannor...those are things that have stod as symbols of the wrongs our people have suffered from the hands of humans....but more importantly...I have allways held our peopls highest ideals in highest regard....

In us...I have seen what makes us the chosen race, the children of Corellon....and I have..used that to justify my...hard veiw on those not of the people.

*swirls around on the spot and regards the counsil*

I will admit I failed to grasp the wisdom at the time the Crusade imbarked for Myth Drannor. For all I knew..our peoples survival rested solely on staying severed from these dark lands and its deathdealing inhabitants...demons, dharows and humans alike.

*stands at ease a moment with a faint smile*

One of the advantages of being an elder....is the granted ability to learn from ones mistakes.
And not suffering from the shortsighted pride of the Awanshee, an elder seldom has a problem admitting he was wrong..or..to hasty to judge.
I am however a sun-elf, and such speculations takes time...But I am allso a devout priest of Corellon, a servant, soldier and true child of the Seldarine...

*resumes his slow walk*

I have come to believe that what strife exists in this city, has little to do with the fact that the law of Eltagrim is still in effect. I will even go to such lenghts as saying that perhaps the non-elves are the thing that keeps our people from the decadence that haunted the old House Starym in ages past.

It is in the divition amongst ourselves that the problem lies, and more importantly...it is in the fact that our priests does not speak with one voice.

We...the clergy, are the backbone of our people...we are its guides and link to the Seldarine.
If we bicker amongst ourselves, how can we expect our fellow elves to unite.

*straightens and a grim look passes over his stern face*

I have head rumors of fellow clerics speaking against The counsil and You mylady Coronal...calling the counsil blind and branding our rightfull ruler a false profet, unworthy of the mantle of the Coronal’s office.

While such political shemes are not unheard of in the history of our people, voiceing them now...here....is....unelven....it is wrong....it is herecy.

When a priest speaks words...his words are seeds that take root in those that listen....such a responseblilty must not be treated lightly....nor taken for granted.

*stern look on his face*

The days when a disapointed counsil forced a Coronal into the shape of a white stag and called for a great hunt are long since past....as are the days when Amathors stod before their ruler and broke their blades in disgust...denouncing the sacred oath they had given.

Our Lady Coronal rules by right of the Seldarine, the rulers-blade in her hand being the physical proof for all to see.

I would dare any fellow cleric that would speak out against our Coronal and her counsil to pick up the rulers blade themselves. And by doing so inwoke the wrath of Corellon and be slain on the spot. For that is the fate witch awaits the unworthy who attempts to wield the blade....

*gestures with his hands*

With the permission of the High counsil I will call upon every cleric of the Seldarine and in short tell them what I have told You here today...*glences his fist as he raises it slightly*

We..the clergy, must unite and heed the command of Corellon and the Seldarine and in so doing...allso follow and suport The Coronal and her counsil....for only then can we expect to see our fellow elves begin to in fact...act as elves.

We MUST unite....Corellon wills it!

*stands a moment regarding the counsil, then gives a deep formal bow indicateing the end of his speech*
Back to top Go down

A priest stands before the High Counsil
Page 1 of 1