Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...

Go down 
+8
DM Atropos
DM_Ocelot
pvpu
Falling Leaf
Greenboy3
Vall Moon
DistastefulSin
kimtingen
12 posters
AuthorMessage
kimtingen

kimtingen

Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave... Empty
PostSubject: Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...   Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:50 pm

I haven't played here in a while. In truth I have been waiting to see if the latest addition to the RP out rule would be changed or removed, it hasn't and I'm tired of waiting. Pretty sure it wont happen. I find that rule offensive to the whole idea of the rules. Rules are meant to be there to guide us and make things fair for everyone. That rule takes the fairness out of the picture. The rule wouldn't effect my characters much as they were all none drow, but it effects people I play with, people like Star23, it removes that players rights to RP out completely as the character falls into a hole in the rule that makes her a free target for all. There are few people on Dlaelands that I have had so much fun with as I have had with Star23 and with my main character being tied to Star23's character so closely and Star23 leaving, so will I.

That rule is the main reason I leave the server. I will not play on a server that treat players differently just because of what race they play.

Another reason for me leaving is that I have gotten the feeling through private conversations with other players through tells that it's OK to just forget how the player that play the monster race take things when they get no room to RP and only get pounded with one PvP after another. People! Don't forget the main reason we play on R O L E play servers.. We are all here to RP. And this brings me to the third reason I leave...

This server has become a mecca for PvP addicted people. The most I have seen of PvP's after my character Lily started hanging out with May'katcha was 4 in 12 hours and none of them was started by us. We saw a lot of other PvP's, mostly it was us refusing people to enter the cave, but some was of other reasons, like the lore-wise correct hatred between surface elves and drow. Most of them wasn't started by us, we always gave the other players ample time to take the RP out option, but most didn't, instead they hostile us first. I think we saw about 40 PvP's in three months and 4 or 5 of those were started by us. I rather have fun RPing myself out of a situation than just hitting the hostile button and go for it.

I have found an other server to play on, in fact... I have been waiting on that server to go online for quite some time. I have been helping them with testing and some other things since I stopped playing on Dalelands.

Now I have said what I wanted to say. So then all that remains is to say good-bye after playing here since February 2011...

Thanks for the fun. Thanks to all those that have been patient with me do to my slowness because of my dyslexia. Thanks to those that have wanted to play with me and those that have treated me fairly. I will miss you all. I have had a lot of fun on Dalelands, but now I feel that it isn't fun anymore. ...Greenboy... We never did get a chance to do a rematch on that chess game. hahaha Very Happy Too bad we never got to finish that "Ice Shard" event, Atropos. :/ Too bad we never got the Furies guild to work, I was working on an AWESOME guild-house for us.

A special thanks goes to those that played closely with me. Gnadruf, Star23, MadarSar, Klawn, Hasbeengoing, UrbanCat, DoBarrelRolls, OBS Raven, Arvoleus, MinyaNailo, hepphep, Fatmandell, Abousalif and a few others that I can't remember the login name of, most of them of the Furies guild. *gives them a good hug and leaves* Hade bra. <---Good-bye in my language. Razz

Last edited by kimtingen on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
DistastefulSin

DistastefulSin

PostSubject: Re: Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...   Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:32 am

Sad to see you go, see you around hopefully Smile
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...   Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:04 am

I played with Star23 in an old server a few years ago, and I love the depth and development this player puts in characters - truly I was ooc sad we were in so diferent factions and were unable to interact besides a few scattered ooc tells between players that love this game.
Unfortunately I didnt have the chance to interact or know you more as player (and your characters) due our factions preferences. I'm no fan of PvP too, and fortunately to my health we pvped only once lol.

Seeya, have fun always
Back to top Go down
Greenboy3

Greenboy3

PostSubject: Re: Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...   Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:15 am

See you around, and yes, tis a shame we didn't get a second swing at Chess Wink
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...   Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:43 am

Sad to see you go but yeah what would the little fury hin be without her drow friend...
Back to top Go down
pvpu

pvpu

PostSubject: Re: Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...   Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:45 am

Sad to see you leave, but take care out there, and have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
http://eetheart.blogspot.com
DM_Ocelot

DM_Ocelot

PostSubject: Re: Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...   Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:57 am

Sorry to see you go.

Sadly, when rule changes/additions/removals occur, there are those who feel as you do. It is unfortunate and I hope you find a place to play that fit your style of gameplay.

Good luck and take care Smile
Back to top Go down
DM Atropos

DM Atropos

PostSubject: Re: Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...   Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:01 am

*waves* You will be missed!
Back to top Go down
Emeraldtalon

Emeraldtalon

PostSubject: Re: Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...   Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:32 am

Sad to see you go. I think I only really got to rp with you that one time on the mountains and argue about that cave but would have been nice to see more of those since it's not that often that you run into meanies who want to rp rather pvp.
Back to top Go down
DoBarrelRolls

DoBarrelRolls

PostSubject: Re: Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...   Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:43 pm

So long, you were always fun to play with. Maybe we'll bump into eachother on another server one day.
Back to top Go down
Of-Druids-and-Druidettes

Of-Druids-and-Druidettes

PostSubject: Re: Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...   Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:53 pm

See you around!!!
Back to top Go down
HugMonster

HugMonster

PostSubject: Re: Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...   Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:49 pm

See you on that other server!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...   Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave... Empty

Back to top Go down

Was fun while it lasted, but now I leave...
Page 1 of 1