Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drow fighting pits

Go down 
+3
Badgerthej
maseoo
Vilesinger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Demon2k3

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:52 am

I have a OOC question in regards of drow lore, i got an idea for a character concept today and i was wondering, do the drow have fighting pits where they keep slaves to fight eachother for their entertainment? The concept i have in mind would be a slave that's been forced into the arena, probably human since it would fit the best.

So the question is, would this be viable to play as, also interested to see if there's any interest from a drow player to pick up on this idea aswell.

-Demon2k3
Back to top Go down
maseoo

maseoo

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:04 am

My character is interesting in obtaining a slave for herself. As for lore correctness, I am not sure, but slave fights could be put up, especially if the slaves are not considered to be of great value as labour force.
Right now, the path to the surface is sealed for all I know, but it may open up soon, so maybe some sort of capture could be arranged in a while.
Back to top Go down
Demon2k3

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:08 am

Sounds like a nice idea to me, maybe the two of us in that time could prepare something in advanced if it's not considered to be to metagamy to do so, it would also allow me time to plan and set up the character.
Back to top Go down
Vilesinger

Vilesinger

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:31 am

The Drow fighting pits is been something we have RPed for long time down here. We do not have a pit to fight in but we do have this circle thing in camp. Sometimes we make slaves fight eachother for fun and gamble on bridge. The problem is low UD player count. In past player OBS/DM Defilier try to make slave pit fighter games but I think this did not work much.

I think it is good idea for you two players to set this up OOC. If you wish help OOC to help your Human character get to UD I will be happy to assist. The caverns just below SD with the fire lizards is good place to capture Twisted Evil The path to surface is not 100% sealed up..if know super secret path thru Duergar tunnels.

Please tell me if you wish help.

Kind Regards

Vilesinger
Back to top Go down
Demon2k3

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:41 am

Setting this up OOC'ly sounds like a good idea, maybe on skype so a proper discussion etc can be made. And i personally will take any help in how to get this sorted properly without the RP becoming strained or even contrined ((is that the word?)).
Back to top Go down
maseoo

maseoo

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:32 am

Personally, I dont use Skype, but i guess PM:s work too?

If there is a feast coming up involving the Houses in the UD, perhaps they could pit their fighters slaves against each other...as a form of sublimated war? Just a thought... Basketball
Back to top Go down
Demon2k3

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:37 am

Pm's work fine aswell, there's another thought that popped into my mind aswell. I'll send it via a PM when i get home later today.

Back to top Go down
Badgerthej

Badgerthej

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:20 pm

I already have a character up and running for this exact concept for those that know and feel disgusted at uragu

my problem came from a lack of other fighting slaves.....having never seen other dedicated pitslaves i thought i was alone.

i know defiler was working on it and other dm before defiler as well but the ud dm's seem to drop quickly mostly due to rl stuff....we are cursed to not have dm's i says CURSED
Back to top Go down
farinal

farinal

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Quath'sil owns a gladiator slave too but she is not around much I think.
Back to top Go down
Demon2k3

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Sounds like there's a solid base to establish something like this actually, i still got some work to do on my PC in terms of history and a bio. Pm sent however for what i had in mind.
Back to top Go down
Gildren

Gildren

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:59 pm

// there will be an arena in Szith-Morcane when it goes live along with several other long requested features//
Back to top Go down
Grave_Zero

Grave_Zero

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Gildren wrote:
// there will be an arena in Szith-Morcane when it goes live along with several other long requested features//
// Will this new area Szith-Morcane be available as a possible starting point?
Back to top Go down
Gildren

Gildren

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:13 pm

Grave_Zero wrote:
Gildren wrote:
// Will this new area Szith-Morcane be available as a possible starting point?

// Once recovered it will become the drow starting point, yes //
Back to top Go down
farinal

farinal

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:39 pm

//May I suggest that the refugee camp becomes like a semi-ruined place after that? it would be nice to sometimes go there to feel nostalgic lol//
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drow fighting pits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drow fighting pits   Drow fighting pits Empty

Back to top Go down

Drow fighting pits
Page 1 of 1