Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Construction?

Go down 
+8
Dave Fritz
Sareth675
KnowingMeKnowingYou
Sonja Bloodrayne
DM Atropos
Taeron
tjhyland
Saiya
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Saiya

Saiya

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:01 am

Those who pay attention to such things may have noticed an increased of shipments being sent down river toward the Fox Ridge area. Things like timber and masonry, leaving one to wonder if a new building was being constructed somewhere. No new construction seems to be occurring at Fox Ridge itself, but there is a definite increase in trade traffic in the nearby area.

Workers also seem to be travelling to the area, either by river or by wagon along forest trails. Again, none of them seem to be making their camp in Fox Ridge, but they are definitely going to someplace near by. Some return after only a few days, others seem to remain for longer. Whatever is going on, it seems to be a project of considerable size.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:10 am

Iwean sees the traffic on his patrols and follows them. He will use his skills in tracking if needed. He will not hide or sneak.
Back to top Go down
Taeron

Taeron

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:18 pm

A large man can be seen watching the workers from time to time...
Back to top Go down
DM Atropos

DM Atropos

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:59 pm

A woman stands off in the distance, watching from under her hood, flitting in and out of the shadows on occasion to observe the progress. Those who have seen her, might recognize her by the name Rain.
Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

Sonja Bloodrayne

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 1:01 pm

The woman in red armor stands near watching. She would not care if she was noticed or not.
Back to top Go down
KnowingMeKnowingYou

KnowingMeKnowingYou

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 3:41 pm

in the distance hidden in the trees sits a lone masked elf, her bow at her side, observing the coming and goings silently.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Those who observe the construction will note a new building being built into the hillside of a small isle in the middle of the river. From time to time, a young elf can be seen directing the workers, seemingly taking care to disturb the natural environment as little as possible. In fact, those more observant will note that at times she incorporates elements of nature into the work.

Those who watch and make little effort to hide themselves will get waved at. She certainly seems to be the friendly sort at least. Some might even recognize her as Cadence, an elven entertainer who arrived in the Dales some time ago.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:09 am

Those watching the site will see Hork the Orc patroling the area and keeping the gnolls that wander close at bay. He will cordially greets any who talk to him, but will continue to do his duty dilligently. General questions wil be answered with "Hork do good Army stuff."
Back to top Go down
Sareth675

Sareth675

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:29 am

Tohrm, curious as to the construction would go forward and try to find out who ordered it, after which he would have a talk with Cadence or Hork as they both appear to be important figures on the build site.

He would also ask Natalya the caravaneer, if they know where they will be moving to, or if a proper staging point for the caravan to Freehaven would come alongside this construction.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:03 pm

When the man approaches Hork he will watch the approach. "Hello" when asked about the construction, "Hork guard keep gnolls away, you ask Teacher Cadence."
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Cadence, seeing someone talking to Hork, will wander up with a pleasant smile on her face.

"Hello there, whatever might I do for you?" She bows her head politely. "I'm Cadence, Manager of the theater hall going in here."
Back to top Go down
Sareth675

Sareth675

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:37 am

"Jus' wonderin' wha's goin' on 'ere as well, wha're yer buildin' out 'ere? Bit outta the way int' it? An' ver' close t' the Oak an' the Academy. Curiousity eh?"
Tohrm chuckled slightly and waited for some brief explanation.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:29 pm

"Well, is it out of the way or too close to other places?" Cadence asked with a teasing smile. "As to what I'm building, it's a theater hall. With so much going as of late, I thought it might be nice to offer a place where people can come and enjoy a good performance from time to time."

Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:49 am

Hork sees Cadence is safe and returns to patroling.
Back to top Go down
DM Atropos

DM Atropos

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:53 am

Seeking out Cadence, the woman discretely hands over a large bag at her earliest convenience.

((PM me for details of what it contains, if you like.))
Back to top Go down
Dave Fritz

Dave Fritz

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Justin approaches the area cautiously. He notices some of the people watching the construction as he looks it over himself. He moves off into the trees and finds a secluded spot. He leans up against a tree and considers what he has seen.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:11 pm

Sen'Thia , a bleached blond young woman with a baby face , and slightly suggestive clothing, yet very clean, with a beret on her head, comes up with an eagerness twinkling in her eyes.
She sees Cadance and steps up to her, speaking in a gentle yet confident voice , smiling a well practiced warm manner.
" I remember you from the fire side in Myth Drannor. You spoke of building a theater then... Is that what THIS is all about?... I am Sen'Thia Noirre, entertainer at your service.
I assume you may be looking for acts once the doors open. I sing , dance, juggle , jiggle, tell dramatic tales, do comedy and just about anything that pays.... Please tell me about what kind of establishment you plan to have."
She grins and waits patiently.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Cadence smiles as she accepts the bag with a slight nod. She doesn't open it, merely hangs on to it for later.

When Sen'thia joins the group, she offers a smile and a nod to the woman as well. "Ah yes, I do remember you. Sharressan from Amn, yes? Wanted to start up a chain of feast halls. Whatever have you been up to? And how is Roman? I've not seen hide nor hair from him in quite some time."

"I am looking for acts, yes." She nodded to Sen'thia's question. "Anything really, so long as it is in good taste and will draw the crowds. Perhaps we can schedule and audition for later?"
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Sen'Thia smiled warmly nodding.

"People often pass through and I soon lose track of them. In this line of work, it seems folks enjoy the entertainment and move on. Bringing joy and levity, fun and a time to forget life for a time rarely builds anything lasting. In fact, I often find it hard to be taken seriously, since I kid around so much.
But I hope you appreciate just how serious I am about my business,... Show business. I am well experienced at getting folks to loosen up and avail themselves of your services... Like the bar, or buffet ... What ever you have going.
Lastly, you are the owner, what ever bounds you wish to set on the entertainment, is my command."
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 6:20 pm

"Oh, well, that's a shame." she sighs softly. "I was rather fond of Roman, but that's life I suppose."

"If you're serious about joining us, then how would you like an audition for say.... later tonight? I'd like to have a few others to weigh in their opinions as well, make sure we keep a well rounded show and all that."
Back to top Go down
Dave Fritz

Dave Fritz

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:46 am

Justin approaches the elf woman who seems to be in charge. "Good day, ma'am." he says. "Is there anything I might do to aid your effort here? I'm no performer, but I will help with the construction if I can."

(((OOC I'm unavailable in-game until about Apr 5. I haven't actually seen the construction site yet, either. )))
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:21 am

(( OOC: Construction site isn't in game, it's a special area that's going in once it's been built. ))

Cadence smiles and nods as she looks around, "Well, what skill have you got?"
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:41 am

Hork will continue to patrol the area keeping the gnolls at bay. Any encounter he has with the Shadow kitties will immediately send him running to the Ranger Camp to give warning.
Back to top Go down
Dave Fritz

Dave Fritz

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:37 am

Justin replies "I can help with labour, I suppose. I'm not a skilled crafter, though. Or I could help guard things, if that is needed. I'm at your disposal."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Sen'Thia grins and reaches down picking up three rocks, and simply tosses them up into the air one at a time, and soon is juggling them as she speaks.
   "I really don't want to offend anyone , but real juggling talent ...". 
    She switches to one hand juggling, and gestures with her other as she speaks. 
"... Real juggling talent comes from tossing things less predictable than rocks... Like a mouse... A cat.... And a dog...
     Puppy and kitten, actually. The mouse is small enough as is.
     They wiggle and waggle in the air and you have to catch each one in a special way.
    Mouse by the tail, so it won't bite, kitty by the nape of the neck, like it's mother would carry it, and the puppy has to be handled by the chest and belly.
    Oh, and to add another level, a piece of cheese.
   But you may feel that such things are cruelty,... So ... In that case , other less cute creatures can be used... Like snakes... Not my favorite act, though.
    She pauses for comment and reaction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Construction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Construction?   New Construction? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Construction?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next