Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More Hustle and Bustle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DM Asynja

DM Asynja

More Hustle and Bustle Empty
PostSubject: More Hustle and Bustle   More Hustle and Bustle EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:10 pm

As things start to settle within the town, Glamerie can be seen going around to several of the farms, talking to them in length.  She can also be seen speaking to the folks at the Old Skull and heading down to the Dancing Moon, returning with a large smile on her face.

The following day, many of the farmers she spoke with send folks with what little they could spare from their own stores.  A group from the Old Skull brings ale and what supplies they can spare while a small caravan from the Dancing Moon brings other supplies, and a few spare hands to help with setup of what appeared to be a celebration of sorts. All the supplies brought by these individuals were obviously meant only for this purpose.

When reports come in of poisonings, Glamerie can be seen doing what she can for the sick and presiding over the dead.  However, she does make sure that some of the priests test the ale they have set aside for the coming celebration to ensure it isn't poisoned.  She then asks for a guard to be placed over the consumables to make sure no one tampers with them.

The rest of the day has those who can helping with preparations; erecting tents and setting up tables for what is sure to be a fine celebration.

Last edited by ADM_Asynja on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenboy3

Greenboy3

PostSubject: Re: More Hustle and Bustle   More Hustle and Bustle EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:44 pm

As Glamerie makes her way around Shadowdale to the farms, Vincent would accompany her, keeping a warm smile with any she talks to and aids in any way he can. When she makes her way to the Dancing Moon, Vincent would be with her to make sure the travels go safely.

During the moment Glamerie goes to aid the sick, Vincent would accompany her briefly to comfort those he could and do what he could despite not being a healer. After his short visit with those sick, he'd then make his way to the area for the set up of celebration, being seen giving orders. Telling workers where to put things, what goes where and how things should look. But making sure the workers are happy and not exhausted at the same time, giving a hand anywhere he could to make the work less strenuous.
Back to top Go down
DM Asynja

DM Asynja

PostSubject: Re: More Hustle and Bustle   More Hustle and Bustle EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:53 pm

The campfire in Shadowdale had burned down to embers, most of the adventuring types who sat around it at all hours of the day having found a place to sleep, or gone off on their own errands. The rest of the yard lay in darkness lit only by the stars and the occasional flash of not so distant lightning, undisturbed by man or beast.

An old man contemplated the hole in the ground where the well had been for so many years, blasted into ruin during the battle to free Shadowdale from the hand of the Zhentarim. The battle had been fierce, the victory the fruition of years of effort and bloodshed. Now the town was at peace, the fields once more sprouting seedlings, the sound of laughter in the day along with the hammering and talk of those rebuilding what was burned or destroyed. Those who directed the recovery had done fine work, and only one thing remained for him to do before he left them to their own destiny again.

Gathering his will, he focused the energies Mystra had gifted him with so many centuries ago. The pleasure of exercising his art filled him, matched by the satisfaction of what the power would create. Coruscating energies came into being above the hole, reflecting flashes from the water that lay in the bottom.

A militiaman, eyelids heavy from his long hours on his endless patrol, stopped by the temple of Chauntea, wide eyed now at the bright light in the courtyard. His jaw dropped as he clenched his sword hilt, mind racing as he tried to decide whether this was an attack, some benign power at work, or the gods themselves exercising their whimsy. He caught a glimpse of the old man regarding the powerful weave-working, his stare going from one to the other.

With a final twist of the old man's wrist, the murmured incantation nearing it's end, the energies drew together and faded out of existence. Left behind was a stone pond, over which stood statues of every race and profession that took part in the rebellion and the retaking of the village of Shadowdale. The old man smiled contentedly as he regarded it.
"For all you have done, the blood, sweat and tears you've shed, for people whom you owed absolutely nothing. For this, they, and I, will never forget you."

The militiaman gaped, hearing the words and seeing the old man fade into the darkness, turned his astounded gaze back on the statue. Moments later, his duty remembered, he ran off to find the next in his chain of command.
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: More Hustle and Bustle   More Hustle and Bustle EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 5:05 pm

bluemage who has been in shadowdale for few days would pass by tho impressed by the powers wielded by the old man he would not interupt but stand back and watch and if seen by the man he would offer a simple respectful nod and whisper to him..

"be proud old one your city is once again free your people incharge and they too have much to be proud of as tho you were not seen i am sure you had a hand in it as well.. perhaps in time you may yet have much to teach me for now you should look over the mage guild that has started here and offer what knowledge you can or guidance you can as they too will have much to over come in the times ahead for now enjoy your travels and should we meet again i hope by then i will be able to call you truely a friend.. and if you so choose im sure they will help rebuild your tower"

with that blue would also vanish from sight via a portal
Back to top Go down
Navarre_Sallavarian

Navarre_Sallavarian

PostSubject: Re: More Hustle and Bustle   More Hustle and Bustle EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:38 pm

During the Celebrations and while our Temple is in reconstruction works,

we'll conduct an open air Mass, to ask our Great Mother to bring her blessings upon our land and crops,

all the Congregation and faithful followers are invited to attend.
Back to top Go down
DM Asynja

DM Asynja

PostSubject: Re: More Hustle and Bustle   More Hustle and Bustle EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Glamerie would beam upon seeing the statue and the work that went into creating it. "Oh my, this gift is even greater than our meager attempts at gathering enough for a celebration."

Turning to the others, her smile would go even brighter, tears misting in her eyes. "Thank you everyone, for what donations you have made to make this celebration possible. It warms my heart to see so many coming together to thank the brave heroes who helped free our town."

"The celebration will officially begin tomorrow, and if we can keep supplies up, will last all week! I know we haven't much to spare, but I hope that what little we can give will be enough."

"During the week, I hope to have some festivities planned, with performances from the people to show our gratitude. As the Harvest Mistress has suggested, we will have open air mass during the celebration as well. The celebration will end with a tournament, one of archery and one of melee competition, for a small prize. I hope to see everyone who can attend present, so that we might all celebration our new found freedom and properly thank those who have worked so hard to see it happen."
Back to top Go down
Taeron

Taeron

PostSubject: Re: More Hustle and Bustle   More Hustle and Bustle EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:01 am

*Taeron would speak to his men before the celebration starts.*

I am sure you are all eager to celebrate. And I understand.
But we chose the path of the protectors and it comes with many responsibilities.
During the celebration, the town will be the most vulnerable. As you can remember - a celebration of the Zhentarim was a key in our victory.

We can't make the same mistake.

That is why we, as the Shadowdale defenders, won't join the celebrations.
We will stay on guard and make sure nothing disturbs the good men and women of Shadowdale. Your wives, brothers, sisters and children.

There will be a time when we celebrate. It's just not this day.

*Taeron would also make it clear, that he joins the patrol - and he won't be celebrating himself. He picks the most high-risk position and assigns his patrol duty there*
Back to top Go down
Navarre_Sallavarian

Navarre_Sallavarian

PostSubject: Re: More Hustle and Bustle   More Hustle and Bustle EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Milady Glamerie,

you're already overloaded, let me share part of your burden,

I asked a group of very capable and reliable people to investigate the "disease, poison, haunt and curse" matters in North Town,

The House of Plenty is aware of the problems and already taking actions, relax about this my dear friend. *gently smiles to her*

Last edited by Navarre_Sallavarian on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DM Asynja

DM Asynja

PostSubject: Re: More Hustle and Bustle   More Hustle and Bustle EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:20 pm

"Oh yes, I trust you and your team to investigate this disease." Glamerie smiles. "But if you can spare a few of the priests, please have them make sure the food and drink at the celebration is not poisoned."
Back to top Go down
Navarre_Sallavarian

Navarre_Sallavarian

PostSubject: Re: More Hustle and Bustle   More Hustle and Bustle EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Sure, the group is working with allies,

the Celebration will have our entire ranks available.
Back to top Go down
DM Asynja

DM Asynja

PostSubject: Re: More Hustle and Bustle   More Hustle and Bustle EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:58 pm

"I knew I could count on you." Glamerie beams before heading off to work on other things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Hustle and Bustle   More Hustle and Bustle Empty

Back to top Go down

More Hustle and Bustle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Shadowdale-
Jump to: