Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Unusual and Exciting Arrival

Go down 
+6
Klawn
BedlamX
Hasbeengoing
Arjay
DancingDevil
ADM_Hotcakes
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ADM_Hotcakes

ADM_Hotcakes

An Unusual and Exciting Arrival Empty
PostSubject: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:39 pm

A small caravan has recently arrived in the center hub of the Shadowdale. The wings of a great bird of prey upon a blue shield mark the travelers of Sembian nationality, though a second coat of arms, that of a raven splashed upon a perfectly white round shield, is less obviously know. The farmlands are abuzz with rumors about the guests. Some say they saw the most beautiful woman, ready to rival Sune in splendor. Others whisper that the head guard had to have a little bit of ogre in him, being that big. A few children swear that the horses exhale purple smoke. Speculation aside, no one knows exactly what they have brought or why. For the moment they are renting rooms at the Old Skull.
Back to top Go down
DancingDevil

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:28 pm

JIn watched as the caravan pulled up, watching those on board go about their business, watching as well the horses and those involved. He smiled widely, keeping his teeth hidden and hair obscuring much of his face. He approached the caravan and waited. Surely, if anyone from the wagon, would address him, it would be for loitering. And the first question he would ask, was about the raven and white shield.
Back to top Go down
Arjay

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Meanwhile, the Sheriff was seen walking into the Skull to greet the visitors, apparently to greet them and to make sure of any (reasonable) special security needs their visitors might have. The ever-approachable elf would make casual conversation with whomever seemed to be in charge, asking into the reason from their visit and whose crest the raven shield was.
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:19 pm

*After hearing the rumors out on the farms, Onyx would wander over after working out in the fields for the day. She would circle the display slowly, checking the details of the wagon, more curious then anything of the foreign craftmenship, before stopping in front of the huge head guard. Onyx would look the guard over up and down, as if sizing him up, then fix eyes with him and stare at him a moment. Then there would be a nod with a greeting, before heading back to the House of Plenty, resting for the night.*
Back to top Go down
ADM_Hotcakes

ADM_Hotcakes

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 10:30 pm

DancingDevil wrote:
JIn watched as the caravan pulled up, watching those on board go about their business, watching as well the horses and those involved.  He smiled widely, keeping his teeth hidden and hair obscuring much of his face.  He approached the caravan and waited.  Surely, if anyone from the wagon, would address him, it would be for loitering.  And the first question he would ask, was about the raven and white shield.
The only folk interested in talking to Jin grumble about it being the emblem to the noblewoman and merchant that hired the caravan. "Names somefin like My-o-re of them ol' Hartglen family. Ya know, typical rich folk out doin' rich folk things. Aint seen one lick of 'er this trip, and its been a doozy." The guard would shrug before going back to his duties.

Arjay wrote:
Meanwhile, the Sheriff was seen walking into the Skull to greet the visitors, apparently to greet them and to make sure of any (reasonable) special security needs their visitors might have.  The ever-approachable elf would make casual conversation with whomever seemed to be in charge, asking into the reason from their visit and whose crest the raven shield was.
After bothering one of the movers, a short human man would find his way to Arjay. Stubby legs lead up to a belly much to large compared to the rest of his body, a portable table of sorts that he seems to like to rest his hands on as he stands looking the elf up and down. Weak shoulders lead to a neck just a little too long, and his face does nothing to flatter his figure. Big brown eyes take the time to eye up the elf skeptically.
"One eye elf mercenary right eh?" He frowns slightly, muttering something or another under his breath about the Dalelands. "I am Majordomo Gearth Dortman, welcome and loving servant to Lady Myora Hartglen. We have..." He takes a moment to look to his surroundings, his frown ever-present "taken the precautions necessary when traveling with valuable goods. I do, however, require the presence of the owner of this establishment." He waves a hand, as if expecting someone, even perhaps Arjay, to fetch the fellow for him.

Hasbeengoing wrote:
*After hearing the rumors out on the farms, Onyx would wander over after working out in the fields for the day.  She would circle the display slowly, checking the details of the wagon, more curious then anything of the foreign craftmenship, before stopping in front of the huge head guard.  Onyx would look the guard over up and down, as if sizing him up, then fix eyes with him and stare at him a moment.  Then there would be a nod with a greeting, before heading back to the House of Plenty, resting for the night.*
As Onyx approaches the mountain of a man he is preoccupied with his horse. He finally takes a moment to tear away his focus from his brush. A grunt is the only response he gives before going back to grooming his mount.
Back to top Go down
Arjay

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 11:18 pm

(Arjay's had two eyes for a while now)

"Actually, I'm the Sheriff, sir," he said. "So as you can see, I have something of a vested interest in making sure nothing happens to any esteemed visitors our town gets." Despite the not-quite-flattering reception, he favors the man with a friendly smile. "I believe that Jarrin is who you need to speak with, if that's your need. I'll see if I can't find him here for you."

And Arjay, surprisingly, does go to fetch him, mostly to have a quick word with him before he's brought to the visitors.
Back to top Go down
DancingDevil

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Jin said his thanks to the main and headed into the Old Skull Inn to see these folks for himself. Nobility might be fun to play with. Might even hire him to do some scouting for them. The thought was a little exciting. If nothing else she was supposed to be beautiful. Always fun to look at that.
Back to top Go down
BedlamX

BedlamX

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 6:48 pm

*Jarrin hears all the commotion and comes out of his office with a sigh. After some looking around and making sure this new group wasn't breaking stuff, he heads towards Arjay and the Majordomo.*

Howdy, folks...name's Jarrin and I run this joint. What can I do ya for?
Back to top Go down
Klawn

Klawn

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 7:46 pm

*Calkin approaches the Caravan train.* "would you have anything to trade? such as magical items, rare gems, unique one of a kind equipment etc."

Back to top Go down
AsuraKing

AsuraKing

Location : Look closely at your shadow, you might just see me there!... If not listen for the clanking!

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Hector would observe the caravan from his typical lurking point, making mental notes of the caravan's symbols and the members in it as well as anything that may stand out on the caravan.

((Note to staff, if you want me to explain his spot drop me a PM, wont be posting it anywhere public.))
Back to top Go down
ADM_Hotcakes

ADM_Hotcakes

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 am

BedlamX wrote:
*Jarrin hears all the commotion and comes out of his office with a sigh. After some looking around and making sure this new group wasn't breaking stuff, he heads towards Arjay and the Majordomo.*

Howdy, folks...name's Jarrin and I run this joint. What can I do ya for?
Discounting a small band of mercenaries added as extra protection to the caravan the guests are quite civil. Plump ol' Gaerth offers a rather large grin to Jarrin as he approaches. "Majordomo Gearth Dortman, welcome and loving servant to Lady Myora Hartglen at your service. It is good to see another man of proper private enterprise about in these, shall we say, uniquely cultured lands. The man offers a well too obvious wink to Jarrin. "M'lady wishes to show the proper respect to the fine folk of this town, and to that venture she wishes to plan a gala. A celebration of sorts, for this newly freed home of kin and kindred. Now, your establishment is one of many she has scouted out, shall we talk business someplace a bit more private?

Klawn wrote:
*Calkin approaches the Caravan train.* "would you have anything to trade? such as magical items, rare gems, unique one of a kind equipment etc."
The lumbering beast of a private guard makes his way over to Calkin as he gets close to the carts and merchandise. His voice is a low rumble, and it shakes the ground just as heavily as his footsteps. "Lady Hartglen will not partake in business until the proper permits and permissions have been granted. Move along halfling, You'll see her wonders soon enough."

Quote :
Hector would observe the caravan from his typical lurking point, making mental notes of the caravan's symbols and the members in it as well as anything that may stand out on the caravan.
From his lurking Hector sees rarely anything of interest past what is obviously a wealthy and private caravan.
Back to top Go down
MasterSilke

MasterSilke

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 1:14 am

The small caravan catches Emrys' eye as he makes his way through the town of Shadowdale. Curiousity getting the better of him as usual, he casually makes his way closer in an attempt to see what wares in which the merchants might be dabbling.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 1:22 am

Valtore visits the shops in town as he normally does. When he sees the commotion going on he hangs back and watches for a bit. After buying an apple he wanders closer to the workers to listen in on their conversation while they work.
Back to top Go down
Klawn

Klawn

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 6:54 am

*calkin responds* "OH yes, but of course. That's absolutely awesome and expected. I would like to apply for said permits and permission." *He bows deeply* "Lady Hartglen you say? hmm, tell me how is the good Professor Hartglen - Licensed Arcanist and Professor of Applied Metaphysics? I would very much like to meet the professor to discuss our shared interest in metaphysics. Would you let lady Hartglen know that the Headmaster of the Academy of Arcane Scholars, Calkin Kisto is asking an audience."
Back to top Go down
MissEvelyn

MissEvelyn

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 10:03 am

Valerie passes by the regiment, stopping only briefly to watch with curiosity and a raised eyebrow.
"Curious," she simply says under her breath and continues to pass by.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual and Exciting Arrival   An Unusual and Exciting Arrival Empty

Back to top Go down

An Unusual and Exciting Arrival
Page 1 of 1