Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Massacre in the Halls

Go down 
+6
Falling Leaf
cisvmark
Aidan Airna
Noltem
Serebane
ADM_Specters
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ADM_Specters

ADM_Specters

Massacre in the Halls Empty
PostSubject: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 12:41 am

The human Kendra and Elf Aerindir were in the Clan prison when a great scream was let out. When the dwarves arrive they saw two humans running from the cells. Shortly afterwards Kendra and Aerindir walked out of the destroyed cell door. Two gaurds tried to stop them but the elf quickly cut them down. Both human and elf took a number of crossbolt shots without flintching, and shrugged of mighty blows only to kill any dwarf who stood before them. In short order 15 dwarves lay dead as the two walked out of the Halls, bolts sticking out of both of them.

As the fallen were treated the dwarves whispered of the Dead walking. Once they reached Rimwood they disappeared in the direction of Shadowdale.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

Serebane

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 2:32 am

(Didn't have a chance to screenshot the events down in the halls, aside from one screen capture before Taeron logged.)

Lhanir and Gerard made frantic haste from the Halls, the druidess immediately setting eyes upon Shadowdale after witnessing the rise of the pair in the cells. She knew she would be useless against them without her gifts and thusly ran to the surface where she could better protect herself and her counterpart should the risen pair walk in their direction.

Upon making great speed to town they encountered Emrys, then at the gates of the city, Bryanna and Ahri. Lhanir would have been overheard asking for Taeron, a look of desperation in her commonly patient stare. When it was claimed he had not yet returned, the group gathered together and was spirited away for a time by Lhanir to another area away from town, thus silently spreading the news of what she had witnessed out of earshot of those that would prove to be a threat.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

Noltem

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 4:06 am

Snapping out of his stuppor at the Crossroads Mark stands up when he hears the news and being in debt with the Ironhouse he runs to their aid, meeting there any allies of the Dwarves and asking for Grendel or Grobar personally.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 4:08 am

*Ravossel is simply to far, and to deep in the whiled lands trying to fight the Tar Oozes to know what's going on over there.*
Back to top Go down
cisvmark
Head Builder

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 4:51 am

*following the massacre the Ironhouse is closed down once again*

Word is soon spread through the dales, that Aerendir and Kendra has 3 days to turn themselves in at Ironhouse gates, or a bounty of 100.000 Gold will be placed on their heads dead or alive.

Aerendir is until further notice not considered a member of Ironhouse no more and all locks shall be replaced in the foreseen future.

Lastly word is passed to the elves that Kendra and Aerendir did as they did, and therefore assistance is asked to hunt them down and bring them before justice.

The dead dwarves would all be brought to the top of the sacred hill and attempted raised (( awaiting dms call how many will answer their souls return))
Back to top Go down
ADM_Specters

ADM_Specters

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:13 am

Of the slain dwarves three return from the Halls of thier Forefathers. Twelve do not.
Back to top Go down
cisvmark
Head Builder

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 7:11 am

A memorial is imidiately announced to be held. When families have been reached and relatives contacted, the memorial will find place.

Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 8:09 am

As word of the incident reaches Myth Drannor, Karovir immediately goes to write once again a letter.
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 9:29 am

*Jonah accompanies Mark to Ironhouse.  He seems baffled at the news, and gawks at the Bounty poster in the Rimwood.*
Back to top Go down
Grendel03

Grendel03

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Grendel would have been away during the events. On his return, he is striken with sorrow for all the dead Dwarves, most of them were trained by him. He would remain in the halls speaking and caring for those left behind.

To any who knew him, it would seem Grendel has become more silent than usual. Not the fun - talk to everyone kinda dwarf - anymore.
Back to top Go down
Navarre_Sallavarian

Navarre_Sallavarian

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 9:33 pm

*As soon as Julia is strong enough to travel she gathers all her belongings and leaves the Inn in Drannor,  checks that everyone on Farmlands is well and safe, makes a long prayer at Chauntea Shrine and leaves Town toward Shadowdale*

I won't allow a bounty on my head scares me about my duties, I'm no coward and Shadowdale is where I have to be.

*When in Rimwood she stops by the Ironhouses Hall for the benefit of two friends.*

Massacre in the Halls Ironhouse_hall_01_by_navarrewilcy-d7b39lt

Massacre in the Halls Ironhouse_hall_02_by_navarrewilcy-d7b39mh

Guard, please send word to the honorable Thane that an old friend and ally of your Clan, the Priestess Julia Navarre Sallavarian would like to have an audience with him.

*She'll explain to Targlan that Kendra and Aerandir were already dead, their bodies possessed by the worms that infest Shadowdale, they are innocent.*

Now they are alive again and free of the plague, please allow them to come talk to you my friend. If you wish I'll help you tend your dead and teach your spellcasters how to detect the worms and destroy them.

*When everything is done, she will bless the Halls and continues toward Shadowdale*
Back to top Go down
cisvmark
Head Builder

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:11 pm

*targlan exits to talk with her*

I will then extend the deadline for peacefull conversation another 7 days, so they can make their appearence here at the gates.

I will try to have the word spread through the dales, and please let them know to hurry so we can get this incident ended.

*targlan enters the ahlls again sealing of the gate again*
Back to top Go down
cisvmark
Head Builder

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 6:59 am

Follwing lately achieved information, Targlan calls for attention in the halls.

Dear clansmen and citizens.

The latest information having reached me ears, we are dealing with a black-maggot like infestation which caused us the latest troubles. This possibly beeing the reason why some our clansmen would not return from the dead, despite their early and unnatural parting from our halls into Moradins realm. I have to say Im normally against disturbing the rest of the fallen, but I ask we once again call upon the gods for their aid.

All those who are still dead from the assault, will have to be brought to the top of the sacred hill once again. *Targlan uses every verbal trick he knows to sooth his dwarven clansmen upon repeatingly disturbing the dead*. Upon the sacred hill we shall have our cleric Thogar and and anyone else with the ability to cast dismissal, to do so upon the corpses to attempt to expel the possible maggots inside. If in truth these maggots lingers inside the corpses, then surely doing this shall give the former clansmen a better rest or perhaps even a chance to return to the living once their bodies has been purified.
We have to remember that it is understandable that few of our clansmen wish to return to our realm if their souls be brought around in maggotfilled bodies.

We shall perform this ceremony with cloth cowered mouths and nose to avoid potential maggots to crawl into any of our openings.

*the ceremony is imidiately executed as such* // sadly RL dont get me time to arrange the ceremony right now, but I will attempt to do so within near future to provide screenshots.

After the ceremony Targlan calls for all clansmen to bring any spare cold Iron they may have stored around, since next is apparently startign up a mass production.

All of clan is asked to volountarily put on a newly designed helm, which has only openings for eyes, nose and mouth and elsehow sealed tight. Mouth and nose will be cowered with a tight net of coldiron spikes and blades.

Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 3:11 pm

The following letter has been sent to Thane Targlan with the messengers Piak and Kasia.

Thane Tarlgan,

My friend, it has grieved me to learn of the Clan's fallen and I can only express my remorse at allowing my other duties to interfere with expressing my condolences until this time. To address the issue which resulted in the death of your people, it seems some extra-planar creatures from a place called the "Far Realms" known as the Taoschar were able to enter and colonize a large number of people inside Shadowdale. In addition to Kendra, the Mayor, the new Sheriff, as well as the town Elders and a large portion of the militia were infected.

This threat has currently been broken, largely by Taeron's insight and bravery with assistance of Lord Blue Cathelmet of Myth Drannor. As it stands the Taoschar threat has been removed from Shadowdale proper through use of a relic located in the Twisted Tower which emitted a gigantic Dismissal sending most of the creatures back to their home-realm. What is currently known is that some of the creatures did manage to escape inside a number of hosts, and that we still have yet to pinpoint what brought them to Shadowdale in the first place.

While our force was acting to eliminate the Taoschar threat in the Twisted Tower, our fallen militia were raised from their Pyre in the east of town and lead north into the Dagger hills by a lich, this set fire to a swath of our wilder-lands and forest, which to my knowledge has been contained. As stands Shadowdale is currently reoccupied by myself and uninfected forces and we are working to stabilize the town and its security.

I would ask that you lift the bounty on Kendra and Aerandir's heads in light of the fact that their actions taken in your halls were actually taken by their corpses, animated by these other-planar entities. Kendra will be sent to you to resolve her situation with Clan Ironhouse as soon as possible, as I trust in your wisdom and justice for a woman who is truly a victim herself of a violation of not only her body, but her very being.

Please, contact me if you have need of any further information. I would offer my aid, but I do not foresee myself able to leave Shadowdale for any length of time in the near future.

In honor and friendship,
Deputy Mayor Bryanna Lovich
*sealed with her insignia of an armored bruin standing upright with a poleaxe*
Back to top Go down
Grendel03

Grendel03

PostSubject: Grendel on Guard duty   Massacre in the Halls EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 10:14 am

Since the Halls have been closed to outsiders Grendel is guarding the gate personally. Keeping visitors at safe distance whilst dealing with them. Among other visitors both Kendra and Aerandir showed up on seperate occasions. Whilst Aerandir wanted to talk and explain himself, Kendra came to turn herself in.

Both were allowed to leave after they had given their word that they would show up, once Thane Targlan announces time an date for their trial. Both were given the task to gather information of what happened, as much as possible, espeically the part they couldn't remember themselves.

Kendra was in company of Azzelas, who stated that he and Aerandir had the idea of bringing her to the Halls. Due to a personal dispute between Grendel and Azzelas, that goes way back to the early days, someone else is needed to judge Azzelas actions.

Grendel asked them to spread the word that two dwarves will be walking the Dales selling the Cold Iron helmets that provide protection to those in need from the infestation.

Grendel would'nt leave his post, full of anger and sorrow added with a feeling of guilt.
Back to top Go down
cisvmark
Head Builder

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 11:35 am

Targlan officially announces the bounty called off (or never initiated, since they both managed to show up in time).

2 Dwarves have been sent to Shadowdale with helmets protecting people from any remaining parasites.

Targlan lets the dales know that if the people of the dales wish to use the dwarven protective gear, they can be bought from Dalgna and Grobar. More shall be crafted on request if needed.

///and lastly Im away from computer until Firday or saturday, so expect close to no responses from me until tehn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Massacre in the Halls   Massacre in the Halls Empty

Back to top Go down

Massacre in the Halls
Page 1 of 1