Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All in a Day's Work

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

All in a Day's Work Empty
PostSubject: All in a Day's Work   All in a Day's Work EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 11:36 pm

Rising very early as she does each morning, Leeora puts on her work clothing and cap, tying her hair into a ponytail. She makes her way to an open area and begins to eat her breakfast of bread and fruits, waiting for the sun to rise. Once it does, she stands and lets it wash over her, her arms reaching towards the bright orb.

All in a Day's Work 78ehKzF

After whispering some soft prayers, she then makes her way to the well. This time, she is very, very careful to pull each bucket of water up. She definitely does not want to face falling in as she almost did before. Pulling up two filled buckets, she sets them down and takes a grooved stick on both sides, placing the buckets on them and using her legs to lift. She rests the stick along her shoulder blades and begins to carry it towards one of the many fields.
Finally, she makes it to the field, already beginning to sweat. She could easily pray for aid with her strength, but she refuses, letting her hard work begin. She pulls out her scythe and looks over the many fields that appear ready for harvest and smiles.

All in a Day's Work NjDCkRy

"Lots of work to do."
Back to top Go down
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

PostSubject: Re: All in a Day's Work   All in a Day's Work EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 8:14 am

As she works throughout the day, she continues to have a determined and happy expression on her face. Even the fact that it's incredibly hot doesn't get her down. She works on reaping the wheat that is ready for harvest, slicing with her sickle.

All in a Day's Work XZIdiLA

After gathering the wheat into bags, she sets them by the barn to be worked through. Eventually, she moves on to the corn. Carefully picking each ear that is ready, she also packs these away into a bag. She then goes to work tossing the dirt around, using some of the buckets of water she brought earlier to wet the soil. Using a rake, she touches up the fields of corn as needed.

All in a Day's Work YqFt1jV

The heat causes her to sweat pretty bad, though she does not have a care in the world, working very hard at getting things done.
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

PostSubject: Re: All in a Day's Work   All in a Day's Work EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 9:45 am

Stepping out of a corn row, she's confronted with the sudden sight of Cleo, pushing a plow through the hard dirt of a fallow field in a far corner of the farms.

He is shirtless and dripping with the sweat of his labor. He struggles with each step, straining his whole body to move turn each foot of dirt, his face set with intensity and determination and no small amount of anger.

Seeing Leeora, he stops and, grinning sheepishly, grabs his shirt from where it was tucked in his breeches, but not before Leeora spies a strange mark on his chest--two curved lines and a circle, like a skin-colored tattoo, suggesting an eye.

"Dawngreeter," he smiles, while hurriedly donning his shirt. "Getting an early start on the harvest? I thought I'd prepare the ground for the summer planting. Never too early to get it done, you know."

A nearby mule, unharnessed and idle, seems to roll his eyes skeptically.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

PostSubject: Re: All in a Day's Work   All in a Day's Work EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:29 am

Upon seeing Cleo, she gives a warm smile, wiping the sweat from her forehead onto the back of her sleeve. She gives no indication of embarrassment or general care to the fact that he's shirtless- it's hot out. She spots the skin-like tattoo, taking note of it but does not say anything.

She watches him struggle, and she gets the urge to go help him. However, once she sees no sign of anger on his face and only determination, she suppresses the urge. She also takes note of the idle mule and smirks to herself as he speaks to her.

"Yes, it's never too early to start. You and I both know that there are hungry people to feed. Despite hardships that may stand in our way, we must continue with the cycle."

She steps over to one of the buckets and drops in two rags. After then wringing the cold water from the fabrics, she steps over and offers one of the cold cloths to Cleo. Her own, she wipes her face off with, cooling off.

"How have you been fairing, dear Brother? I haven't had a chance to be able to speak with you much considering the understandable circumstances that have been before us. Are you coming along well?"
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

Maskedshini

PostSubject: Re: All in a Day's Work   All in a Day's Work EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 6:50 pm

The silent monk, to some known as Spirit, is seen walking around nearby, not particullary active with anything, merely observing life as it stands at the Farms.
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Archimedes

Archimedes

PostSubject: Re: All in a Day's Work   All in a Day's Work EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 7:46 pm

((This all occurs before today's events))

Cleo rests his forearms crossed on one handle of the plow and leans gently on it.

"There was an elderly priest named Zeb, back at Lathander's Light, the temple in Dagger Falls, where I grew up. I had occasion to sit with him, when my mom was rehearsing lute for services. He would talk of this and that and I would listen and play with my wooden toys.

He once confided to me that the worst thing about his elderly state wasn't the failing eyesight or the failing hearing.

"It's the feeling of being set aside," he told me. "Looked after, not at. Listened at, not to. Seen to, not around. Respect wilts to pity," he said, "and credibility fades to polite irrelevance."

He grins, with no small amount of cheer in his voice, despite his words. "I'm not even nineteen summers old, and I feel a bit like old Zeb."
Back to top Go down
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

PostSubject: Re: All in a Day's Work   All in a Day's Work EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 7:57 pm

Realizing that she's actually one year older than Cleo, she gives a playful grin, listening to his words with a careful ear.

"I understand what you mean. Don't worry, my dear Dawnlord. We aren't about to get rid of you just yet or look after you as if you're about to crumble beneath us."

A playful wink reaches Cleo from Leeora's blue eyes. She herself leans on the rake she is using to till the soil of the corn.

"You're not old, Cleo. Goodness, I'm actually older than you. What you are experiencing is the beauty of learning about the world around you with your own eyes. It can be both a beautiful and painful process all in the same instance."
Back to top Go down
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

PostSubject: Re: All in a Day's Work   All in a Day's Work EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 8:35 pm

After a day of rest and some heavy praying, Leeora's wounds are mended. While watching the dawn, she appears to have a new-found determination in her expression, as if the rising of the sun has given her Hope; Hope that she can rise above the darkness that has had an effect on her.

Perhaps a dream of hers has shown her that she can indeed successfully stand strong.
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

PostSubject: Re: All in a Day's Work   All in a Day's Work EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 8:51 am

Cleo, having long returned to Shadowdale to continue his recovery, is blissfully unaware of Leeora's recent trauma.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All in a Day's Work   All in a Day's Work Empty

Back to top Go down

All in a Day's Work
Page 1 of 1