Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ADM_Vox

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

ADM_Vox Empty
PostSubject: ADM_Vox   ADM_Vox EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 11:20 am

MISSION: My mission is simple. I want to bring you quests and story lines you'll remember down the road and look back upon fondly. Stories that become a central part of your characters. I also want to challenge you, and make the rewards your characters receive feel like they are well earned and toiled for. I want players thinking outside of the box, and coming up with creative or clever ways around the conflicts their characters face.

GUIDELINES AND PRACTICES: I have a few. Bare with me.

Items:
-I am a very inventory heavy dm. If you want to use a rope in a quest there must be a rope in your inventory. (Or a craft roll to make one with what is around you.) I do allow mundane items to be created to have in inventory, but I must see them before we start or when they are created in the event. (Such as renaming a bullet a deck of cards, ect.)
-Please do not use healing kits during combat. Potions/wands/scrolls only. This includes healing your friends.
-There will be times when I set out chests or things to be looted. I ask if you see them, do not rush over and grab everything out of it. There may be more to the situation. Please Loot Responsibly.

Spells:
-PnP spells are allowed, but I must know which ones you want to use. If you are a wizard/cleric, please have a spell allotted that you can burn in place of that spell.
-You cannot use a spell you do not have prepared. I will ask you to burn the spell once used (if possible)
-Please telegraph your magic when out of combat. Casting a spell without emote or too quickly while I'm typing may result in me missing your cast.

Misc:
-Please do not rest without permission.
-Players are allowed one Mulligan in an event. We will replay the roll or the action. This is not to be used carelessly, and must be used by the current action/roll. It cannot be used for past events. Using your Mulligan will lower your reward xp at the end of the session.
-There are times I may be overwhelmed by the player base, or the amount of players I have to work with. If you are feeling excluded/left out/pushed aside, please let me know. We can work something out for you at a time when things are not so hectic.

For Me: You're not the only ones I have rules for. These are a few rules I will abide by during a quest.
1. I will never perma/maim/physically change your character without consent. If there is a quest where this may be an option, I will fully disclose this and give an opt-out. Rewards will still be given.
2. I will never force you into a situation where you feel uncomfortable with the scene. I will stop an event at any time. Rewards will still be given.
3. I will never give you a challenge that is impossible. Semi-impossible maybe, but there is always a way out.

PERSONAL REQUESTS:

I have quest types that are my favorite to run. Rogue quests, and Survival/Survival Horror. A rogue quest is what it sounds like. If you have a rogue and are interested in doing rogue-like things, ask. If you are interested in a survival quest, or a survival horror quest, I would be more than happy to help. However, these quests are extremely challenging. They require patience and are not meant to win, they are meant to survive. Your character will not be the same leaving as they were entering.

Also, please use my attention with the knowledge that I am trying to give everyone an equal share of my time. Patience and helping each other, helps me. If I become overwhelmed or swamped, I am going to be relying upon the players to help me trudge through it.

CONCLUSION:

In conclusion, I can be a bit strict on the IC DMing, but at heart I'm trying to create the best experience I can give you for your characters. I'm looking forward to discovering what your character has to be explored.
Back to top Go down

ADM_Vox
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: General Information :: Dungeon Master Introductions-
Jump to: