Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

fare ye well

Go down 
+17
krampsburglar
KingOfAquilonia
Verdana
DM Carbuncle
Kaalos003
Maskedshini
ADM Flumph
AvaPerrinAchellys
comodohead
Maiden of Loss
Avarson
MasterSilke
Sylvver
cdnspr
M-Code-M
ADM Lightforge
Skyiba
21 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyiba

Skyiba

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 10:01 pm

O.K. folks listen up..

the staff has voted to move the server to a pro site once they can recover the data needed..

the plus side to this is they will not have to pay to fix the server if things break down and its cheaper to host it for 20 or so players this way.. and they will have complete control over it and how its ran..

we did this at first as well looking into it any ways and was to expensive to host this way for the 70+ players we had at the time.. that is why we did not go that route.

since the server is downsizing this is the best option they can foresee.. and with the recent mother board failure and what it will take to get a new one this will relieve them from the finance burden of upkeep and so on..

since this is the case i will also likely have less say than i do now in how things go or should go in how things are ran or done.. not that i really had much say to begin with..

with the server moving i will loose the internet as well since i am connected to the server line once it is called and canceled.. the bonus to this for me is it will free up some cash flow that i had set aside for the electricity bill though it would be enough for me to have my own internet i doubt i will get it back anytime soon.. so i wont be on the server much at all even if i get the internet back.. my game playing mood has been comming to an end for a while now i just havent had the heart to keep playing games at all.. if i do get the net back i would appear in game only rarely just enough to say hi to some and hop back off..

i will miss many of you and even a few dm's and even some of the older dm's and players who have already left.. should i ever get my heart back into playing again i will be sure to let you all know and if so where i will be or am playing if not here.. should i ever have enough money to waste i may even start my own server this time under my control only.. ran by a player for players.. then again i may not one never knows what the future holds.. all i do know for sure is i will continue to game in single player for a while to come yet trying to find that spark once again that i can give my all to rping once again..

i will continue to think on my options for a while to come and will miss gaming with many of you nearly all of you.. some of you i have not met and only chatted through tells with some of you i have only rped with and never chatted with oocly.. regardless you will all be missed.. i had a lot of fun playing with you all and chatting to you icly or oocly either way..

this decision weighs heavily on me as this was once my baby but no is no longer.. so i have to let it go once and for all.. maybe ill see you all again one day.. if not here maybe some where else down the road..

*dips his head to all as a sign of respect* fair ye well all it been a great run and lasted a long time.. but all good things must come to an end at some point.. and that time is fast approaching mine now..

love you all thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the rp and i wish nothing but the best for you all.

take care my friends each and every one of you.. Sad

peace out im gone

~sky
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Thankyou for all you have done Sky.
Back to top Go down
M-Code-M

M-Code-M

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 10:10 pm

Via con dios, amigo.
Back to top Go down

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 1:16 am

Fair winds to your sails, captain.
Back to top Go down
cdnspr

cdnspr

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 2:20 am

later skib
Back to top Go down
Sylvver

Sylvver

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 3:53 am

*tips hat* So long old friend, and thanks for all the fish.
Back to top Go down
MasterSilke

MasterSilke

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 4:02 am

I wish you the best, Sky. Be sure to take care of yourself.
Back to top Go down
Avarson

Avarson

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 4:39 am

Have a good one Sky! Try to stay in touch with us all.
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 4:39 am

I'll miss you, Sky. Sad Thank you for always being a great host for the server. Please come back to visit if you can!
Back to top Go down
comodohead

comodohead

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 6:06 am

Sad You always meet twice, I would hope atleast.
Back to top Go down
AvaPerrinAchellys

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 6:24 am

easy everyone, do not worry sky is coming back... take care sky. have fun being bored ^^
Back to top Go down
ADM Flumph

ADM Flumph

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 7:36 am

Good bye, Sky and have a good time. I'm sure we meet again.
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

Maskedshini

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 8:00 am

Take care sky, hope to see you around sooner rather than later Smile
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 8:10 am

Bye Sky Sad
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

DM Carbuncle

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 8:28 am

Take care and all the best.. i am sure we will see you again someday!

Back to top Go down
Verdana

Verdana

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 8:34 am

Bye bye, Sky but visit us in the future. =) See you again, some day!
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 11:51 am

thanks folks and you will likely see me again one day no telling when though i will get internet back i may have it the next day i may not attempt to get it back for a year or so.. i will miss the rp i had here so likely will be back in time.. lol @ava yes i will be bored as i can only tolerate pre programed interactions for so long lmao and my city conquering game doesnt have any rp..

i will try to keep in tough when i get back on line and going again..

in the mean time i will be working on ideas and trying to define some things id like to see and so on..

but for now i shall sit back and try to rekindle that flame i once had and get back into rp like i used to be.. if i dont i will stop in now and then and say hi to you all.. you all were like an extended family to me so i want the best for you all..

take care you all we will see each other around in some incarnation of my former self.. remember take it easy on the dm's and dont break them.. and dm's remember go easy on the players and dont break them either lmao..

be courteous to each other and try to see things from both sides all of you.. keep pushing the game forward and evolving the server ill be watching every once in a while *winks*

players dont be afraid to chase after something you like to see or want to happen in game dm's dont be afraid of change allow things to happen..

when and if i come back i expect my toy golems to be in game and i will collect 10 should i return the rp is done for them.. my guild is located on a demi plane and i will send a fixed version that isnt broken if i return..

love you people will miss you all loads.. take care my other family..

*poof vanishes into thin air*

~sky
Back to top Go down
KingOfAquilonia

KingOfAquilonia

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 3:18 pm

Take it easy chief. Enjoy the playoffs of football while you are free. I'm personally going to be in a frenzy as my Steelers quest for seven. That's seven super bowl rings to those that don't know.
Back to top Go down
krampsburglar

krampsburglar

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 8:48 pm

Stay game thirsty my friend bounce
Back to top Go down
elvenico

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 8:29 am

Hope to see you again soon! In the meantime, may all your endevours came to fruition!
Back to top Go down
Eizendur

Eizendur

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 9:53 am

One of my first elven encounters on the server with my toons was generally skyiba's toons.
Blue was truely a marvellous example of elven culture and fun rp was always had.

Thank you and fare well.
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 11:30 am

thanks Eizendur i will miss elric as well i still remember that meeting as well.. i think alot of folks first met blue.. either icly or oocly i had always wanted them to feel welcomed to the server in some way..

i just wish more would have came to md to rp.. once i returned.. i was sad to see it so empty all the time now when it use to have more players in it than sd did..

with you and a few others i had no choice but to up my rp game you all made it enjoyable for me to delve deeper into my toon and you all helped me increase my rp skills.. sadly this round since my return my rp skills have dropped considerably.. i have lost contact with so many friends from the old days as they left the server as well..

i miss those days we could sit and talk for hours or go and adventure for hours on end having those friends around made it alot more fun to play and many of them got to see blue in his ups and downs through out his game play play life.. they have seen him waver in his intent to do good they have helped him in his times of need and helped to keep him on his path. as he did for them at times..

blue has been the one i had the most contact with players through and it has been great fun..

also the feed back helped me to become better at dmming as well.. the sincere feed back anyways.. lol

this i still miss and dont see it much anymore now.. the getting to know him also helped out alot with the rp as you all knew what he would know and helped me with the information so i did have to search and likely find false info you all just sent it in tells and i rewarded it to fit blue.. that was truly a great boon to my rp and all the stuff we did together..

all these little things added to the fun and helped me develop my rp to a highs i will likely never achieve again.. it definitely brought out the best in me and my toon..

for that i thank you all from the bottom of my heart. you all defined the rp and set the bar high and forced me to achieve even more than i thought i would..

i went from yeah uhuh ok not a problem rp to long sentences and even stories and so on..it was a grand time and made me feel i really belonged in the rp community.. i can never repay that and it was very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
FlokiFlannel

FlokiFlannel

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 11:42 am

Sad I do not know you well, but after reading that I am sad...

Good bye Skyiba... Thanks for being such a good role model
Back to top Go down
Lucifer

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:36 pm

I will Miss Lord Blue as he was a Good example of a good open minded Elf..which most should be..and the actual DLB Lore and history he portrays living IG is awesome..I hope you miss playing him soon and return. and I'll miss you as well and your open ended fairness and demand for everyone else to show the same.

Best wishes for whatever you do next RL and Cyber world
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 7:27 pm

to those who seen me the other night in game i appologise. but i will not be returning now or ever not even to visit.. so you hear it straight from me and it before it get blown out of proportion or exgerated below is what i asked and the answer i recieved.. this made up my mind for me..

skyiba: you still hdm?[6/14/2015 9:32 AM]
skyiba: or over md still? or both?[6/14/2015 9:40 AM]

Carb Carbuncle: yes [6/15/2015 4:20 PM]

skyiba: ok letting you know may be a new cathlemet[6/15/2015 8:57:38 PM]

skyiba: ill be redoing to cathlemet areas fix the broken transitions and update it according to the rp that has happened..[6/15/2015 8:58:41 PM]

skyiba: that way they will have an area to play in so see if i can get a sponsor if you can or what ever it is[6/15/2015 8:59:32 PM]

skyiba: i may also try to get the tower done myself no sense in them having to wait so long on it
[6/15/2015 9:03:53 PM]

skyiba: anyways the new cathlemet is not me its another player that is still there

skyiba: also checking on my toy golem status if they are connected to item and in game yet?[6/15/2015 9:06:47 PM]

Carb Carbuncle "i may also try to get the tower done myself no sense in them having to wait so long on it" contact Archimedes about this first.

Carb Carbuncle: also checking on my toy golem status if they are connected to item and in game yet?no as we dont spend time on projects of players who leave the server. Currently the toy golems are definatly on the bottom of the priority list with serveral more important server projects that we need to finish.[6/16/2015 6:10:21 AM]

skyiba: id rather not contact him [6/17/2015 3:27 PM]

skyiba: everything turns into a big arguement even when i try to be nice so no id prefer not to [6/17/2015 3:33:46 PM]

sorry you feel that way since i had waited for 3 months on them before i left.. i was planing to make a partial return to play there but now you have made my mind up for me i will not come back and now will no longer visit the last thing i will do is fix my area for those who still are playing cathlemets so they dont have to worry about getting stuck in their own area.. after that db is officialy dead to me..
[6/17/2015 6:21 PM]

it is what it is nothing more nothing less.. for those of my friends who have gone already maybe i will see you on sigil city of doors

to the rest who have gone and no idea where you went to it was grand and i miss you

to those still here i had a great time with you all and i will miss you all.. and i do hope that you all continue to enjoy the server I helped bucephalus and mustang build..

to an extent tho we are having our problems as of late i did enjoy some of my time with carb and archimedies but lately it hasnt been the same so tho i don't wish either of you no ill will good bye for good now.. hope we never meet again..

to those i never got to rp with sorry you missing out it would have been great..

to those i only got to talk to in tells tho we never got to meet icly and only in the ooc room i enjoyed our chats..

for those that wish to know no this is not the only reason i have left it is just the last in a long line of crap that has went on an on. and i have deleted them and others off my contact list so many times that for now this is all i could be bothered to find.. but it is the last thing that made my mind up fully to never come back..

as i told those in my guild i will fix our area and send it in so you all can play in the full area with out getting stuck and needing a dm to port you out of the guild area.. i have sent the fix in many times it never was added and the last time throwing in new crap of needing a sponsor for my work when it had already been approved before hand and so on and so on was another reason i left.. amongst many others..

so i leave you now and will post when and who i send the update to so you can hound them about it being installed.. "those left in my house" that is..

should i ever be so inclined or motivated to do so and find the help i need i may start up a new server but i highly doubt this will happen as the interest in the game is dying out and many who have the abilities i require have moved on to new games..

so for now until we meet again my dear sweet players until we meet again may you always find peace in yourselves and the righteous stand up for the few. i hope you shall never waver in your convictions or lower your own standards hold your dm's to highest ability and demand you get nothing but the best from them..

as always take care most of all of your selves..

"This is sky signing off over" "rodger that sky you are signing off copy" yes peace out *poof*

"into the thin air i shall walk as so many before me have done.. away away far away i must continue to go for i shall not rest until i have found what i seek at last.. i shall not fear the unknown for i will be greeted by those closest to me once i reach the other shore.." "once more into the breech my friends once more"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fare ye well Empty
PostSubject: Re: fare ye well   fare ye well Empty

Back to top Go down

fare ye well
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: OOC Hellos and Goodbyes-
Jump to: