Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

See ya

Go down 
+2
pyro
DM Carbuncle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DM Carbuncle

DM Carbuncle

See ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: See ya   See ya EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 6:05 am

https://dalelandsbeyond.rpg-board.net/t2045-list-of-permanently-banned-players

Quote :
Moonsaves
-  not reporting unintended moderator priviliges
- using them to ban a player.

every banned Player is welcome to ask Staff to be unbanned. We have unbanned a number of Players in the past that have approached us.

This has not happened here.

The fact that you are currently using a new Forum Account with a new IP and not your original account and the fact that you did not contact staff to have your ban lifted speaks for itself.

You are more than welcome to reapply, using the Staff Email account as contact, to come back as other players whom have been banned have. It is only fair.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

DM Carbuncle

See ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: See ya   See ya EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 6:12 am

this was indeed a mistake that your IG account was never banned, as the ban mentioned above is a permanent one.

You are welcome to reapply of course.
Back to top Go down
pyro

See ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: See ya   See ya EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 9:55 am

Obviously I'm a somewhat uninvolved party in this whole issue, but I'm glad to see you're willing to stick it out and give them another chance.

I think things have improved from before (server is not perfect, and never will be, of course...), and I think some of those older players that have been banned should come back.

If some sort of endorsement from a current player helps this process along, I'd be happy to put in a word for you.
Back to top Go down
guantanamobayxx

guantanamobayxx

See ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: See ya   See ya EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:56 am

This is somewhat my fault as I am the one that told Moonsaves everyone gets a fresh start - we merely thought they had overlooked the forum ban. He wasn't trying to break rules or anything. I find it pretty rude and way too much of jumping the gun without even ASKING someone what's going on to just immediately kick them, especially not even bothering to check whether someone is even actually banned from the server or just the forums. Like really. That's pathetic, guys. This is just like temp banning too soon, though perhaps in Sapphire's case she found something much more worrisome and didn't want to take chances and I can understand that, in this one a player wasn't even -spoken- to before automatically kicked and just grinding in the UD. And that's half my fault as I just assumed 'everyone gets a fresh start! Let's play woo!' to have my friend back. On another note, how are a lot of players even supposed to -know- they get fresh starts if they can't get on the forums or in game? Because he didn't until I told him. -All- the bans from years ago should be dropped in the first place or looked at again anyway, Moonsaves has never hacked, griefed, or harmed other players. He was given mod powers accidentally by Dormouse and didn't even do anything with them, he just didn't say anything fast enough. I understand everyone is freaked out right now with what Narks has done, but please, everyone, let's not use the current attacks to go overboard and act without thought or discussion.
Back to top Go down
Moonsaves

Moonsaves

See ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: See ya   See ya EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:50 am

Issue's long since resolved, guys. S'cool.
Back to top Go down
KingOfAquilonia

KingOfAquilonia

See ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: See ya   See ya EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 1:38 pm

No need to make a big deal out of it when the player it happened to is already working through the proper channels to get it done Guantanamo.
Back to top Go down
guantanamobayxx

guantanamobayxx

See ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: See ya   See ya EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 2:52 pm

...And that's your opinion, here's mine. I was told about this beforehand by the player it happened to told me about it, considering -I- was the one that was under a different impression in the first place about telling him it was okay to get on. I didn't realize talking about issues on the forum wasn't as proper as kicking a player without even saying anything! Please excuse me I won't have concerns in the future. You're late to the game, bro, not me.
Back to top Go down
pyro

See ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: See ya   See ya EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:07 pm

guantanamobayxx wrote:
...And that's your opinion, here's mine. I was told about this beforehand by the player it happened to told me about it, considering -I- was the one that was under a different impression in the first place about telling him it was okay to get on. I didn't realize talking about issues on the forum wasn't as proper as kicking a player without even saying anything! Please excuse me I won't have concerns in the future. You're late to the game, bro, not me.

To be fair: given the recent issues, attacks and hackings that the server is faced, I don't think its completely beyond reasonability for the staff to act the way they did. Moonsaves changed his IP address, used a new account, and didn't talk to staff at all. I'm not saying he was wrong, but I am saying that I can understand why it didn't look good to staff.

There's nothing wrong with voicing your opinion on the forums, obviously.... but sometimes, hyperbolic, whiny vitriol isn't actually as productive as you might think.
Back to top Go down
ADM Goliath

ADM Goliath

See ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: See ya   See ya EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:10 pm

Staff agrees this should have been handled better and will make sure to inform players either in game or on the forums prior to future bans. Moonsaves has since followed procedure and been allowed back on to the server. The issue has been solved so this thread is now locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

See ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: See ya   See ya Empty

Back to top Go down

See ya
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: OOC Hellos and Goodbyes-
Jump to: