Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DM Morriarty

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DM Morriarty

DM Morriarty Empty
PostSubject: DM Morriarty   DM Morriarty EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 1:02 pm

Greetings fellow players.

I am as the title says your newest dm team member DM Morriarty.

Here is what i am bringing to the table.

YOUR STORY.

What does this Mean?
You write a bio I read the bio. If it is compelling enough with details character names and a past to haunt you.. haunt you I will.

You have a plot line that isn't faction specific or a minor event you need to happen to progress your characters RP, you write up a good enough story arc (leave me the finite details to figure out of course) I will Prepare something and see where the RP leads you. ( The must be Setting and LORE Accurate requests i will not run a plot to allow a reason to play an orc paladin of Torm)

I have DMed PnP for years and have vast amounts of resources to pull story arcs from.

Event etiquette.
Rule one of the DMG DM is always right!
However this does not mean I am infallible. IF you have a concern about what I am doing in your story or to your character. Let me know. If I have made a mistake we will work in a non immersion breaking correction. If I have a reason that I am proceeding I will contact you after event or over forums to discuss what is going on.

IC... Your end event reward will be determined by the following things:

How IC you stay!! this is important for event continuity.
Simple things like "// holding for DM response" or similar things will be allowed
The fact your cat just rode around the house on your dog... Can wait for the forums or after event Mop up (reward distribution)

Think outside the box! Your character is more than a sheet with numbers and letters. Not everything will be solved by slashing bashing or punching it to death.

Inversely: Play your sheet. If you would normally slash the face of some one in the party as soon as their back is turned and you ignore this for the sake of tokens/EXP your event reward will be effected.

Skill rolls. I love skill rolls. I will call for the often enough if you think you have a need to roll PM me and ask if the skill you want to use will reveal something... I will yay or nay and call for the roll if Yay.

PnP spells.
Yes and no. If you are to be allowed a PnP spell it will be for a longer arc campaign. you will be required to expend resources to prepare the spell. In my random events. If it isn't in your spell book it is not on your character. This may change later.

Please don't Meta into events run by me.

ALIGNMENT
I do not use alignment shifts to punish anyone I do not use alignment shifts to reward anyone.
Alignment with past RP and social skills, is how I determine things like how an NPC will interact with you over time. Alignment shifts are based on your IC actions.

In general
I am here for the player base. I am still a player and will still more often than not be player side interacting with you.

For Now...
The game is afoot, shall you become my pawns?
Back to top Go down

DM Morriarty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: General Information :: Dungeon Master Introductions-
Jump to: