Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here be Dragons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nonfactous

Nonfactous

Here be Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Here be Dragons   Here be Dragons EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 4:40 pm

Now seem much more around the city then before, Alatariel would have with her a Silver Dragon Hatchling with her. There would be a mix of the dragon following her around and her making sure it doesn't get into mischief around the city. Although perhaps the elf is overreacting to how much the dragon actually needs her, she would be focused on watching over the wyrm for the time it seems, explaining to onlookers that she does not want anything to happen to such a fantastic and rare creature.
Back to top Go down
DM Selene

DM Selene

Here be Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons   Here be Dragons EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 5:14 pm

The silver wyrmling visits the elf at least daily within the city. The creature seems determined to fly and sometimes leaves her surrogate mother to explore a bit outside the city but she always comes back with a small gift for Alatariel, such as small gemstones or whatever the small creature finds fascinating. Most of the elf’s time is likely spent feeding the wyrmling more than anything but the creature certainly makes up for it with her pleasant company. Alatariel would notice the high intelligence of the wyrmling and day by day, she seems to ask the elf about anything new she finds or sees. A few onlookers cast a curious glance and a few certainly stare in awe at the small hatchling but the silver reacts with cautious kindness.

The more time Alatariel spends with the wyrmling, the more curious the creature becomes to the elf.

Back to top Go down
Nonfactous

Nonfactous

Here be Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons   Here be Dragons EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Alatariel seems happy to explain whatever the Wyrm wants to know and tends to go into a intellectual lecture of whatever it was.  Letting the intellectual side get the better of her, she would start a journal containing information about the development of the creature, both its mental progression and physical growth.  She would ask it to not leave the bounds of the city or mythal at night, explaining the many dangers that lurk in the woods.

As for the stuff it brought to her, Alatariel would probably just leave the more valuable things as offerings at the Temple or use it to buy more food if needed.
Back to top Go down
DM Selene

DM Selene

Here be Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons   Here be Dragons EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 3:14 pm

The wyrmling would tilt her head and listen to the elf carefully each time she explained something new. The dragon’s vocabulary seems to be expanding quickly and she begins to ask Alatariel about all the different people wandering around the City of Song. She rumbles softly in her speech patterns, always in Draconic. Once the elf begins a journal, her charge would hover behind the elf curiously and watch her jot things down. The wyrmling seems to be growing at a normal rate and besides for the above average intelligence of the creature, nothing seems to be too off about her besides for the circumstances of where she was born.

The creature would respect the elf’s wishes with a plaintive, “yes, mum” and remain within the city at night. One morning, however, the wyrmling wanders up to Alatarial and her silver eyes are filled with confusion.

“Mum, how come you don’t look like me? Or…why don’t I look like you?”
Back to top Go down
Nonfactous

Nonfactous

Here be Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons   Here be Dragons EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 10:43 pm

*Alatariel's Expression would grow serious a moment, then returns to her usual self*

"Well, it is quite simple really. You are a child of Bahamut and I am a child of Corellon Larethian. That is not to say you cannot take my form, however. There are recorded accounts in Faerun of dragons taking the forms of Humans and Elves. I have not seen this myself before though. There are also those of the wilds that can take your shape. Once we are done with breakfast, follow me to the Hall of Echos and I will get you texts on your lineage."

*After the meal is complete, the elf would take the dragon to the Hall as she said she would*
Back to top Go down
DM Selene

DM Selene

Here be Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons   Here be Dragons EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 3:08 pm

The wyrmling tilts its head at the elven woman as she seems to grow more serious. She listens attentively, as always but her curiosity seems to grow by the minute. She does, however, finish her meal before following the elf. The little wrymling`s appetite seems to grow day by day and she does seem to be growing well. She eagerly flaps her wings and hovers into the air to follow after her mother. “Any reason why it`s called the Hall of Echos? Is it like listening to a seashell?” Certainly, the silver`s curiosity gets the better of her as she forms arches and loops in the air while following. The creature makes sounds of delight as she follows behind and perhaps delays them a bit during their walk.
Back to top Go down
Nonfactous

Nonfactous

Here be Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons   Here be Dragons EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 6:30 pm

Alatariel chuckles at the question, finding it amusing.  

"I am not sure why they call it that.  Perhaps we should ask them when we get there."

Being delayed to the Halls doesn't seem much of an issue since the elf herself has no plans for the day as they slowly make their way there.  About half way to the Halls she would stop as though something had caught her attention with a good half a minute of a blank stare before she would respond to the wyrmling again.  She would then look to her.

"I realized that we have not come up with a name for you yet.  Do you have one you would want to be called?  Normally the parent would come up with a name, but you... I believe you can make your own mind up on the matter."

When they made it to the Halls she would request no flying, as it might upset the patrons of the place, while she gathered books on Dragons.
Back to top Go down
DM Selene

DM Selene

Here be Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons   Here be Dragons EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 1:22 pm

The wyrmling snorts softly,  perhaps in laughter herself. She would eventually calm down and fly behind Alatariel until they got to the entrance of the Hall. She lands outside the door and then follows the elf inside, respecting her mother’s wishes not to upset the patrons. She pads softly on her claws and looks up curiously at the tall rows of shelves that are piled high with books.

She sits still and watches the elf gather books. The wyrmling, seeming quite nosy, wanders up to one of the books and carefully begins paging through it. Once she finds illustrations of other silver dragons, she pauses and a sense of confusion crosses her features. When asked about a name, the little dragon falls silent. She then taps a page and tries to garner Alatariel’s attention.

“I really like what this word means.” She rumbles in Draconic. She then taps a claw over the Draconic word, which reads “Tzila.” The creature rumbles some more and looks up at the elf for her response, gently flicking her tail in thought.
Back to top Go down
Nonfactous

Nonfactous

Here be Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons   Here be Dragons EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 3:15 pm

Some time has passed now since their initial encounter between the meetings of Alatariel and Tzila.  Many days have been of happy times, of the elf teaching the wyrmling of things of this world, of both bad and good, of the gods, and of her own kind.  Almost every night Alatariel would play music for her out in the park area, make sure the dragon was fed, and seemed quite comfortable with the dragon calling her "mum".

This morning was different however.  The Elf arrived back late from her trip with a look of both seriousness and drive.  Something had occurred and it was obvious.  When she met with with Tzila, she would sit her down.

"Tzila, I need you to do something for mother."  She would start.  "In the next few days I would like you to accompany me to Shadowdale.  I need your help to search for someone."

Although being somewhat vague of what had happened, Alatariel would not seem to be in a panic about it.  Alatariel would later travel to the market and begin purchasing even more food then ussual, spending thousands of coin on it even.  She would have this food shipped to the Selunite Temple in Shadowdale.
Back to top Go down
DM Selene

DM Selene

Here be Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons   Here be Dragons EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Here be Dragons Orn_Jhank

Nearly three months later, the silver wyrmling has grown quite a bit in length and intelligence. Tzila herself seems to learn quickly and absorbs whatever her foster mother teaches her with quickness and great curiosity. The creature seems to particularly enjoy the music her mother plays for her and her keen silver eyes watch the elf each time she plays an instrument. One thing hasn’t changed much: the creature tends to eat her weight or more in food.

When her mother returns, the wyrmling flies about the city and looks for her. Once she finds the elf, she lands and rumbles softly at her in greeting. She tilts her head and ponders a moment before speaking.

“Very well, mother. I will follow you there and help you find whatever you seek.” The creature, if anything, seems thrilled at the chance to leave the city and explore somewhere new. Her tail flicks about in excitement. She would accompany Alatariel to the market, seeming curious about the nature of their future trip but for now, keeping silent about any questions she may have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Here be Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons   Here be Dragons Empty

Back to top Go down

Here be Dragons
Page 1 of 1