Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
White Rose

White Rose

an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate Empty
PostSubject: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 9:18 pm

As the snow blows under the light of the silver moon, a figure in read armor appears , unarmed, at the lower gate leading to Krag.

Assuming a guard would question this appearance, the response would be this :

" It is spoken in the echoes of our halls that previous alliance exists between the mighty forces of Krag and those of the UnderDark.
I am Vespa , come to discuss our mutual enemy, and all that has been taken from us by their hand. . .
Clearly, the Zhentarium and the entire race of Illythirii bear both scars and justified vengeance.
I come from the lands beneath you, to restore to each of us, the lands above.
Grant me passage and audience to your superiors."

, . . . and she stands , waiting for an answer . . .

Back to top Go down
HexBladerX

HexBladerX

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 12:44 am

*A woman bearing the official badge of the High Inquisitor steps out of a shadow nearby.*

If you want an audience based on that old treaty, drow, you'll need to produce proof of your affiliation with the group we made it with. Until then you have a few seconds to either present the proof or get your dark skin out of my sight before I have it bleached.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 2:25 am

As the snow whisps by the torchlights, the armored drow stands tall and speaks out in a bold voice.

"Why any one. .. . would treasure a treaty that gained them. . . NOTHING . . . is beyond me. Vheraunites are hardly the core of power in our society, but a splinter of rebellious fools who refuse to honor women.
IF THAT is your measure of me. . . then , don't bother yourself, for i will leave and not return . . . if these hills echo with pitiful laughter , I hope it does not burn too much, as i go.

ON the other hand . . . both of our kind have lost possession of Shadowdale in our pasts. IF you care to discuss such things further , then let us do so.
If not, . . . then, so be it. . . . vengeance against the elves and their allies will be had. .with . or. . . . with out all of you."

With that, the armored caster begins whispering an enchant to vanish into invisibility and darkness, ready to escape if the moment comes.
Back to top Go down
HexBladerX

HexBladerX

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 10:31 am

The second the drow begins to cast the High Inquisitor signals the order to attack the hostile caster.

(DM_Nocturne needed)
Back to top Go down
DM_Nocturne

DM_Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 4:22 pm

Zhentil Swordhands immediately step forward on Meryann's command and move to subdue Vespa. The archers on the ramparts move to ready attention, arrows swiftly notched and bows drawn taut. The sowrdhands pause momentarily as she vanishes from sight, before resuming a cautious advance. Their eyes fixated on the snow where she last vanished, searching for tracks and signs of motion.

A brief chuckle is soon heard from the skies, punctuated by the roar of a wyvern, and Vespa stands suddenly visible and exposed on the mountaintop once more, her magic dispelled. The guards immediately surge forward, fanning around her with swords drawn.
Back to top Go down
HexBladerX

HexBladerX

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 10:59 pm

"Catch her alive! This one is heading straight for a lime bath!"
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 2:32 am

Vespa also casts darkness spell. ( was part of the first castings ) . So a cloud of darkness would also surround her besides her invisibility.

If this was also dispelled. then she would have no option but to cast up a ring of burning fire around her from her innate powers of Mystic Reservist. Any who enter the fire would be hit with the fire spell, but it is not aimed offensively, but is used in hopes of stalling back the attackers.

If this is successful , she would speak.

"I alone offer the mighty fortress of the mountain no threat at all. You react as if i am an invasion?
I bring you offerings of alliance that may bring us both great future.  If you fear the elves , then i have no use for you.  I will go in peace and forget you."
Back to top Go down
Deathcrush

Deathcrush

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 8:10 am

The Black Fang descends to the lower fortification, but does not really interfere. Instead, he walks up the narrow wooden stair to the palisade outer wall near the fortification and crosses his arms in his usual strong stance, leaning back. A small frown can be spotted underneath the hood he keeps drawn low as he mutters a few words to a Zhentilar sentry at his side, demanding a status update, content with watching for now.
Back to top Go down
DM_Nocturne

DM_Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 12:20 pm

The darkness would also have been dispelled, and the swordhands would fan around the flames. They encircle her completely, swords drawn, though the advance is temporarily stymied by the fire. They halt just beyond the perimeter of the flames, having completely surrounded Vespa.

The gruff voice of an Official Looking Zhent calls out an ultimatum: "Lower your magic and fall to the ground in surrender... and we won't have to break your limbs to do so. But one way or another, drow, you will will be taken."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 4:48 pm

"These ears hear your intent to bleach me to death.
I came to speak, no more. You think I will agree to
Let you disgrace me and my race in that way?
Lower YOUR weapons , allow me to speak and leave in peace... Or you can VITH yourselves!
No one needs to die or be harmed , but the choice is yours ... ".

She keeps the fire in a defensive ring, but quickly assesses her best target.

" Don't force harm upon yourself , hear me...".
Back to top Go down
HexBladerX

HexBladerX

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 7:18 pm

"I was going to let you walk free... although bleached... But if you insist on resisting... I see no reason to deny you your wish! Black Fang, it seems we have an infidel to sacrifice at the dreadlord's hour!"

*Meryann steps in a shadow and reappears behind the drow a poisoned blade in one hand and a wand in the other*

As she's readied to strike:
"Unless you want to reconsider my lime bath offer..."
Back to top Go down
Deathcrush

Deathcrush

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 8:17 pm

Malik circles around, down from the rampart and out through the gates, as calmly as he came walking down from Krag. He makes his way to the edge of the circle with people, one gauntlet closing around the obsidian colored symbol hanging from his chest and glances at Meryann, speaking.

"It seems like trouble..."

Pausing, a grin appears on his face as he turns his gaze to Vespa.

"If the bath is not to your liking, I would gladly accommodate you for a brief stay and show you the temple of Bane and our altar... We are nothing if not gracious hosts, and would strive to make your stay memorable for all involved."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 2:34 am

Spoken out to all to hear :
"Were you in my place, would you cower for your life before brutal killers with deaf ears, not even willing to hear what might  be good for them? Would you endure senseless humiliation so the rabble can have a laugh, while greater issues are lost in its noise? Can you honestly swear before your god that you would surrender? . . . Make that vow , and i shall do the same.  For if that is the level of your honor, then surely nothing is lost in following your example. .... what ever it may be."
Back to top Go down
Deathcrush

Deathcrush

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 11:00 am

Malik raises a clawed black gauntlet along with his voice, in his preaching tone.

"In the Tyranny of Bane, the weak bow before the strong. Honor spoken from the lips of a drow have little meaning. Those who have power, impose it on those who do not, and through it, we lead. Clearly, you seem to be in a position where you have none. It is not how you live your life should should be worried about. It is when you do it. Or if you do it. Death is the ultimate surrender, the failure above all. Those who live can still serve a purpose."

Lowering his voice, there's a slight smirk on his face as he continues, taking a step closer to Vespa.

"Besides... Concessions are key in diplomacy and survival both, are they not?"
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 2:46 pm

A few moments into Malik's speech , about the time he had everyone's attention, Vespa wheels around , swinging out her tower shield and acid dripping morning star. As she spins , her aim is the knee of the nearest person behind her , bending down as she spins behind her large shield.

If the Morningstar hits the knee of merryanne , she goes down.
If it misses , the sheer weight and momentum of her move would likely knock Merryanne down.
Either way, the following move is to leap downhill , bringing the full weight of her plate armor , tower shield and Morningstar with gravity , to bash down anyone in her way, as she escapes down hill unexpectedly.

( Dm please rule. Stats on armor , shield and weapon can be sent in Pm )
Back to top Go down
DM ReRoll

DM ReRoll

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 7:24 pm

White Rose wrote:
If the Morningstar hits the knee of merryanne , she goes down.
If it misses , the sheer weight and momentum of her move would likely knock Merryanne down.
Either way, the following move is to leap downhill , bringing the full weight of her plate armor , tower shield and Morningstar with gravity ,  to bash down anyone in her way, as she escapes down hill unexpectedly.

I know you meant no harm but please refrain from god modding others. Allow the other players a chance to react properly. If you feel that the other player did not react in a proper and meaningful way (like if the morning star hits them yet they still RP they are standing and unharmed) then PM a DM on the forums and get them to resolve the matter at that time.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 3:52 am

"IF"
"COULD"
"LIKELY"
These are words that negate God moding by keeping options and possibilities open.
Back to top Go down
DM ReRoll

DM ReRoll

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 5:00 am

White Rose wrote:
"IF"
"COULD"
"LIKELY"
  These are words that negate God moding by keeping options and possibilities open.

Yes, it is not the options of "if she is hit or if she dodges" that I am referring to. It's the way the consequences are written that are set in stone. The "if she is hit she goes down" which doesn't allow anything but falling down if hit.
Back to top Go down
DM_Nocturne

DM_Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 9:29 pm

Meryann deftly steps aside from the blow, drops of acid lightly scoring her armor. Vespa's momentum would carry her forward in a focused attempt to break through the Zhent lines. She would be able to batter the unfortunate swordhand directly in her path, breaking three ribs with the shield and gouging flesh free from his forearm.

She is facing too many experienced soldiers, however, and she is too tightly surrounded. Even as she struggles to break through, hands would fall upon her, to hold and subdue. If necessary, the Swordhands would run their swords through her limbs to skewer her in place, or slash and strike until she could not stand nor wield a weapon. Every reasonable effort would be used by the soldier's to take her alive, however, even if only as a bruised and broken mess.

((Placeholder deleted))
Back to top Go down
HexBladerX

HexBladerX

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 10:02 pm

Obviously Irritated:

"Swordhand Rikkard! Have the arena covered in limestone. The drow is then to be punished for resisting lawful arrest by facing fifty lashes before being dunked in a limestone bath and finally sent in the arena to face a beast for her freedom."
Back to top Go down
Deathcrush

Deathcrush

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 10:22 pm

Clearing his throat, Malik raises a gauntlet and motions for a couple of free soldiers to drag the wounded one aside for healing. Grimly enough, he does not seem to be in any rush to heal the poor soul, and keeps his eyes on the commotion at first, before heading over that way to cast his healing. Though he does look Meryanns way, murmuring something about being unsure of who to bet on in the upcoming arena match as he heads over to the wounded Zhentilar.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 2:39 am

Vespa continues to burn all around her as the struggle tightens its grip on her. (( I assume fire has some effect on all who try to apprehend her or stand close enough to touch her . This is simple logical reasoning , not any kind of GodModing According to lore , armored casters would not be expected to produce unlimited fire , so I doubt everyone was already buffed with fire resist)) (( additional reserve feat effects in use here include "Daze" as a secondary effect of the fire ))

She continues to fight and burn until either she is dead , or unconscious or physically overcome. She will not surrender to those she now believes : fear the elves, are stupid and have proven themselves to be the exact vermin race led by false gods that she was told they were.
Fighting to the very end, her intent now is to kill, burn and destroy.

Noted reference:
"Complete Mage presents a new category of feats: reserve feats. These feats are usable only by spellcasters and they employ an unusual form of prerequisite. Reserve feats draw upon the magic inherent in a caster's body and soul, utilizing (but not consuming) energy from available spells to augment the character's magical talents."

So it technically isn't an ancient part of the weave. You're taking a bit of the spell you memorized (if you're a wizard), and shaping it into a new, lesser spell, that does not consume the original spell. In the case of a sorcerer or a bard, you're taking a bit of magic that is inherently part of you, and using it to use the reserve feat."
Back to top Go down
HexBladerX

HexBladerX

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Meryann completely ignores the flames and steps in a shadow only to reappear in the drow's blindside. Determined to put an end to this ridiculous situation she enhance her voice with magic and performs a few keynotes to ruin the drows abilities. (Curse Song) She'll then lounge and step in a shadow once more to reappear in the drow's blindside once more (different spot if it moved same otherwise) and then find a weak spot to dig her rapier into with intent to kill leave to fate the choice to hold the monster alive or not as she is well beyond her gracious self.

Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 7:33 pm

The blade slips between vertebrae at the base of the skull, and Vespa falls dead.
Back to top Go down
HexBladerX

HexBladerX

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 8:31 pm

True to her word, Meryann grabs the dead monster by the hair and proceed to drag it without ceremony toward its lime bath. After proper bleaching it will then be disposed in the eternal green flames by Bane's altar a tribute to her patron.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate   an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate Empty

Back to top Go down

an armored figure appears at the lower Krag Gate
Page 1 of 1