Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello ! *new player introduction thread*

Go down 
+175
TheLastDragonRider
Coffee Break
DM ReRoll
tjhyland
Wulfe ischarri
Lakhena
on13th
Vargas
Fincaen
Trace_Chaos
Flammenhand
AsuraKing
clockwork
DM_Vox
annomert
Verbal
Nonfactous
Marauxus
DM_Sapphire
Nikitee
Leencalron
Castor_Payne
Pnut
Blood Angel
the_prothean
pyro
AnalogKid
skybreaker
ADM Flumph
ADM Lightforge
StrawberryBlonde
Aidan Airna
Isenheart
Galadorn
RedEyedLucy
krampsburglar
CallMeWhatYouWant
MultiMasky
ThayanKnight
kaindelvin
Jinxster
Kuitenknieper
Gemsaplenty
Jen Joy
Queen Nothing
Imyn
Stiney
ADM Cheshire Cat
Nocturnal Sage
Daboomer
halfcentaur
Demyx
adaywithoutrain
MasterSilke
Meowkinz009
Kallista
Noltem
Silvereel
ADM_Jack of Trades
ScorpioElite
Orchaldir
MinyaNailo
Tonninseteli
Catam
Nika.B
Vall Moon
Sonja Bloodrayne
suggs
Ink
Saiya
Mr.BlueDrow
DM Carbuncle
Slartibartfaß
DM_Kraneia
Gonnviear
feline
martins79
Morganstern
Zaroak
TheSilentCold
ofhopesanddreams
kellendril
Arjay
rabbitsoul
Dager Worson
Alfie
Skazz
lorgin_2003
Kaalos003
PigeonStalker
TheReflectingGod
Flyingchair
TheRemnant
pvpu
DM Balrog
LibraryMouse
elsteveo
dak12attack
IamDeNyte
maseoo
Littlaus
MissEvelyn
Halfar
Blood Moth
Arhka
CombatWombat
Ostheim
Lairena Eitery
Lazern
Alarik
Bovel
Vlor73
Gorebash
the_ego_returns
BerielNefzen
Jakunen
Sunflower
themoob
Vilesinger
Kelticraven
Devil's Elysium
Falling Leaf
Xeneize
_Wizikno_
Deathevn
Broninkai
Vispil
ithilan
SimilarlyDifferent
UnsafeNormal
TheSupremeForce
KingOfAquilonia
Vanelier
Lebbon
Salchichero
StormRunner
ShadowOfDispair
LairenaEittery
Lichy Popo
Swanmay
Dormouse
Steelnyte
DM Serenity
parad0xia
Karasu
DM Dire
Kwabbernoot
DM_Ocelot
MustangSVT
Blackmore's Knight
Molpadia
Evocati
ADM Iribaar
cdnspr
Pentralia
Canith
wbbraam
DM_AXE
nlyh
Dorn Morselame
Blutbadd
SilverLining
Deathcrush
Maiden of Loss
Maskedshini
absurdities
TakenByTheStormX
DirtyGoblin
tklrit6
NorthernStarshine
ZStreeter
Wakefield
Quarrel
Victorphoenix
shoebaka
179 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
ofhopesanddreams

ofhopesanddreams

Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 8:54 am

Welcome to the server! Hopefully everything works out for you. ^_^

Look forward to seeing you on! If you need anything, as zaroak said, don't hesitate to ask :-)
Back to top Go down
Morganstern

Morganstern

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Hello all, started playing here a couple of weeks ago in my off time during the holidays. Like what I see so far for the most part, community seems to be a good one overall and the players are decent people. I can be found in game usually on my PC Tonan. I enjoy RP, along with fighting monsters and so forth. And lots of it, though I do try to avoid "The sky is blue." "Yes, amazing, is it not?" type of conversations lol. Haven't seen any of those so far, so I'll see you in game.
Back to top Go down
pvpu

pvpu

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 4:07 am

Welcome welcome!! If you have any questions, feel free to ask us playerhelpers! We would love to help you out!
Or if you have requests don't hesitate to poke the DMs! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://eetheart.blogspot.com
Zaroak

Zaroak

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 4:25 am

pvpu wrote:
Welcome welcome!! If you have any questions, feel free to ask us playerhelpers! We would love to help you out!
Or if you have requests don't hesitate to poke the DMs! Smile

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
DM_Ocelot

DM_Ocelot

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:31 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Pentralia

Pentralia

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:48 am

Glad to see you here!
Back to top Go down
martins79

PostSubject: Greetings   Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:24 pm

Greetings,

Old player coming back. You will see me roaming tha realms warding people that stand against the evil and unjust in all maner of spellcasters.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
pvpu

pvpu

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Welcome back you!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://eetheart.blogspot.com
feline

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Hello server, I think.
It is definitely an interesting place to visit. I love the world from what I have seen so far. But i think this is with out a doubt one of the coldest rooms i have ever been in. Hopefully in the next few days it will warm.
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

Zaroak

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 2:26 am

Welcome aboard If you see Celovar online feel free to poke me for questions.
Back to top Go down
Gonnviear

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySat May 18, 2013 3:33 pm

Greetings. Name is Fury and i'm new(or rather returning player) to NWN2.
I was gladly informed few weeks ago that NWN2 actually works this days with no lagging and stretching, giving me the oppretunity to finally return to my beloved game.

I have few questions i'd love to get some answers, as i'm currently looking for ahome to settle.

1. Epic levels - I'm a player who grown and groomed into epic level and its appriopriate role(in this preticular case, a chosen of talos char i had that took me several years to reach such status) over several years of work, countless quests and personal ideas. I am hoping this is the same in here and so i ask:
Are epic characters are common thing in this server? are those who are epic usually hold roles(priests leading church, captain of the guard, mage of the tower..etc..)?
2. Progression takes months here at the least or days to reach epiciness?(As you may understand, i'm incline toward investing in my char, and i don't wish to do so in a day). How many epic chars if at all running about this days?
2. Warlocks - What is the protocol/restrictions RPwise with warlocks? i understand their magic is considered dangerous, but are they arrested on site? As i've read - they require a app, which i'm aware of.
What of Spirit Shaman? Any restrictions?
3. How the world is dictate? DM's alongside players run the place or its mostly governed by static quests and npc's? I'm looking less for static quests and more for DM interaction.

This is for starter. I hope anyone be willing to answer this humble's man questions

Good day,
-F
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

Zaroak

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySat May 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Hello and welcome back to Nwn2.

1. There are quite a few epic level characters on the server. The way the leveling system works is you can grind, rp, and quest to 20. Some quests drop off at certain levels and others go up to level 30. After level 20 all mobs give you 1 xp a piece no matter the difficulty of said creatures. Thgere are multiple roles ont he server that allow you to make your way to higher positions, pending RP of course.

2. You could in theory grind to 20 relativity fast though I warn you its quite boring. And you could hit 21 very quickly but after 20 the leveling rate is much slower.

3. Shadowdale the one farming town was over taken by the Zhentarim whom follow Bane. They welcome warlocks into there ranks of devil demon and star pacts while Myth Dranor the Cioty of elves and good aligned city only would allow Celestial and fey pacts. I do not believe spirit Shamans have restrictions but I would check the rules to be sure.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Hello Gonnviear

From my experience epic levels are common here since the server is up for very long time, around 3 years, and some epic characters usually end up leading custom created guild or already lore existing faction, but even if you are not epic you can achieve some high role.

You can reach level 20 here very fast if you are very active maybe in 2 weeks, but after that there is no grind xp. Any creature you kill with level 20 and after is going to give only 1 xp. It takes months or depending how active you are, even over year to reach level 30 with RP xp, events XP reward or Questing XP, but as you get higher levels in epic, you keep losing access to some quests so leveling becomes slower and slower.

And about warlocks, that really depends of the character who sees your pact magic and detects it and recognizes it. It can be a different outcome, most of the magic is not allowed to be used in city areas no matter what class are you and you can be arrested even if you cast non pact magic (unless you are member of that faction that owns the area). Outside of cities those factions don't have reason to arrest you and usually depends of alignment of character that sees you do pact magic. For example my character would frown upon detecting fiend pact magic and would attempt to save your character or try to kill it next time he meets that pact mage, but there are less tolerating characters who would end up in pvp. On other side, you can probably find a support of other casters who are or aren't pact mages, but are evil and do similar magic. A character can recognize your character as a warlock if they recognize the casting magic by your warlock with a spellcraft skill, but to discover what kind of pact is it, they need DC lore 30.

Spirit shaman doesn't have restrictions, none that I am aware off. It is a beautiful class to RP, I play spirit shaman, but has almost no purpose mechanically wise on server as there are no spirits npcs to fight but some elementals in UD and some undead in a forest where your shaman could use shaman specific abilities.

And about world, well you have both, places ran by DM support and places without DM support ran by players only, it only maters where you end up. Quests reset after around a week, and as I am not active now I don't know how often are events, but it use to be usually playing with other players until you end up in a DM event once or twice in month (my personal experience although there were times I didn't have event more than half year which is usually my own choice to avoid event that my character has no reason to be in).

I hope my answers are satisfying until at least someone else shares their experience. Welcome back.

Back to top Go down
DM_Kraneia

DM_Kraneia

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:36 pm

Welcome back! The previous answers to your questions are good, but I'll give you the DM side of it as well.

1. Yes, there are plenty of epics on this server and they can hold leadership positions within server and player run factions. As with anything worthwhile, it will take some time to work your way up, but the opportunities are there. Also, not every epic character has a leadership role. It all depends on your roleplay and character, as well as where you would like for him or her to go.

2. It is easy to get up to level 20 here, but once that level is reached, it goes considerably slower. Epic levels are treated as that, epic and difficult to obtain. In my own case, I've played here for a year and a half and have two epic level characters, both below level 25. This isn't due to how slow it is to get up to 30, but more my own play style. So its really up to you how quickly your characters level.

3. Warlocks.... there is an application process for warlocks. It isn't because they are all powerful, but is because there is so much roleplay that surrounds it. It is a very interesting and fun class. The requirements are Here. There are no restrictions on the spirit shaman class at all. As was already mentioned, there are no real NPC's to interact with on a spirit shaman but the roleplay is wonderful.

4. There are some static quests, yes. However, this is only a small part of the server dynamic. Over the last few months, the staff has rededicated ourselves to being available more, and creating more events and server plots to engage the players. This is YOUR server and we are here to facilitate your gaming experience.

As always, if you have questions, concerns, or requests, please feel free to ask any DM or Player Helper.

And again, welcome back!

Back to top Go down
Gonnviear

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:26 am

i have another question or two.
1. Tokens? what are they use for ? i understand they are some currency?
2. How long for warlock app to be processed?
Back to top Go down
Arjay

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:30 am

Tokens are awarded directly by DMs as rewards for good role playing. You can get lots of cool things in return as shown here.

DMs have lately been pretty good with response time from my experience, but I obviously can't speak for them on app turnaround
Back to top Go down
Slartibartfaß

Slartibartfaß

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:33 am

Heya Gonnvier welcome t Dalelands. Smile

These two topics will answer most of your questions regarding the tokens:

https://dalelandsbeyond.rpg-board.net/t568-what-are-role-play-tokens

https://dalelandsbeyond.rpg-board.net/t569-what-can-i-do-with-my-tokens

The warlock question I cannot answer (not playing a warlock and not a DM Wink), sorry. Smile

Edit: Arjay, you damned sneaky elf! Bah! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sunflower

Sunflower

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:39 am

Welcome to Dalelands. Please let us know if you need anything and please contact us DMs or the player helpers.
Back to top Go down
Gonnviear

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:49 am

also ? any skype/other chats you use on server?
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

DM Carbuncle

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:51 am

welcome to the server i hope you enjoy your time here.
as for Warlocks apps: some are passed very fast if they contain all the info we need, in case a app is lacking the info required or is lacking some lore contend needed for the concept, we work with the player to modify his app.
Feel free to PM me any questions you have regarding a possible Warlock app.

my skype contact is in my profile, feel free to add.

many guilds and factions have their individual skype chats to enable faster communiction among their members.
Back to top Go down
Gonnviear

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptySun May 19, 2013 5:13 pm

I greatly appreciate the support and answers. it impress me greatly.

Posted Bio - please inform me if something is out of place.https://dalelandsbeyond.rpg-board.net/t21490-jander-deler-child-of-fury#173877
Back to top Go down
Mr.BlueDrow

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Erhmm... Hello. I would of put up a fitting image but I couldn't so you're stuck with this bland post.

I am Kelaste, second youngest brother of a Drow family of 9!
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 4:12 pm

Welcome aboard! Best wishes Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr.BlueDrow

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Oh! Thank you... Are you also a Drow?
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 4:33 pm

I do have one, rarely played but I do! Will look forwards to run into you every now and then Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello ! *new player introduction thread*    Hello ! *new player introduction thread*  - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello ! *new player introduction thread*
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next