Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To the Arch-Druid

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ADM Darkskies

ADM Darkskies

To the Arch-Druid Empty
PostSubject: To the Arch-Druid   To the Arch-Druid EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:02 pm

*Swordhands and Recruits are sent around the dale and into the edge of the Shadowdale woods, where they post the following letter for all to see*

Arch-Druid;

You wouldn't believe my surprise when a farmer's boy approached one of my men with the following letter:
Quote :
To whom is holding the hunt,

If this great hunt to Malar is to take place, Know it will unsettle the Circle of nature whom as you know have a treastie of peace. The circle aswell as the church of plenty have vowed to help feed Shadowdales people and garrisons. If this hunt is to be Held in Malars name it is to openly seek war with the druids to the north. This is final.

Ka'avain'nae, Archdruid of the Circle of Shadowdale Woods.

I suggest you do some more research before you start sending out threatening letters again. Your treaty is with the Zhentarim, who have nothing to do with this harvest festival. This festival and the hunt are organized by the farmers of the dale, and it's them you threaten war against.

I'm going to repeat this for effect, since a diet of mud and twigs has apparently dulled your wits: you are threatening war against simple farmers.

Naturally, should you decide to declare war on the farmers, the Zhentarim will intervene on their behalf, as we did when the rebels set the farmers' fields aflame some time ago.

Now, if the farmers want to hunt down a boar or two in order to appease the beast-god, that's fine with me, and I suggest you make it fine with yourself too. I can guarantee you now that war with the farmers of Shadowdale and their Zhentarim protectors will leave you no trees or animals for you to lord yourself over.

A couple animals to calm the farmers' fears, or
all the animals in the woods. The choice is yours.

Dread Knight Jenkins
Deputy Commanding Officer
Brigade of Shadows
Back to top Go down
Diamondwing

Diamondwing

To the Arch-Druid Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Arch-Druid   To the Arch-Druid EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:39 pm

Ka furrows his brows for a moment having been obviously miss-informed entirely on this entire festival matter. If the farmers wished to hold the hunt then it was he who has failed to sway them. Not the Zhentarims will upon them. He muttered and sighed "So be it, the fools will see their errors some day..."
Back to top Go down
Slartibartfaß

Slartibartfaß

To the Arch-Druid Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Arch-Druid   To the Arch-Druid EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:37 am

Sheyvya - as usual accompanied by a large white cat she introduces as "Lady Shea" - reads the Zhentarim letter and the included Arch druid announcement and shakes her head. She turns to the cat and mumbles a few words - bystanders could perhaps understand it as "Those newcomers to the Dales.... hearing a piece of the story, threatening instead of maintaining the balance, stirring up problems .... I wish they would listen to the world around them before acting .... *sighs* ..... children..."

The two then vanish towards the deeper parts of the woods again.
Back to top Go down
StaurosMallack

To the Arch-Druid Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Arch-Druid   To the Arch-Druid EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:31 am

*Richo stops at the letters and adds some words under it*

Arch-druid this is a misunderstanding, the hunting is not dedicated to the Beast Lord and his vile ways, being borned to Shadowdale i can tell you that this is an old tradition the farmers have, they do a hunting with natural means , spears, fists and such, only to bring a prey back home and offer it so keep the anger of the Beast Lord away, even a feast is made not praising the beastlord but celebrating the fact that they had a good season and that the beastlord stayed away from them.
The name " hunting to Malar" is just a tradition that have been kept through the years.
I have personaly take place in this hunt this year and i assure nothing vile happened.

Richo of Shadowdale, Champion of Shaodowdale and Winner of the Magic Contest of Mythdrannor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To the Arch-Druid Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Arch-Druid   To the Arch-Druid Empty

Back to top Go down

To the Arch-Druid
Page 1 of 1