Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Correspondence delivered and Marked for "Auryne"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PrinceOfBurgerland

PrinceOfBurgerland

Correspondence delivered and Marked for "Auryne" Empty
PostSubject: Correspondence delivered and Marked for "Auryne"   Correspondence delivered and Marked for "Auryne" EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:46 am

This weather worn parchment is simply rolled up and tied with a thin leather cord, given by a young woman with blonde hair and brown eyes to the nearest representative in Myth Drannor. There is a symbol inked crudely on the outside that resembles a Beholder.

Esteemed Mistress of Myth Drannor,

I have received word that you wish a conference with me and one of your colleagues. I accept under these terms;

All in attendance will be unarmed, including myself.

Only the parties mentioned will attend, this means no Defenders or bodyguards within 50 metres of the building we will occupy.

No matter the outcome of the meeting, I will be allowed to leave freely and immediately at its conclusion.

My fee for this meeting is 10,000 gold pieces, regardless of how long it takes.

I will not leave until all of your inquiries are satisfied or until I feel my remaining would jeopardize my health.

~

I believe there is an opportunity for both of us, I offer you an exclusive interview as a means to communicate to your people. I will have a barrage of questions for you and your representative that directly relate to the disposition of the people of the Dalelands. I am a traveler and a listener, people talk to me and are comfortable relaying what they normally say behind the security of their doors. As you probably know, my newspaper is well read and is growing in popularity even in it's infancy. We live in an age where information; more than steel and spell, is power. I wield the only weapon the common folk of the land really have, A quill. Which means that people will keep reading regardless if you agree to my terms or not. Because they are ready to draw their weapon and strike! Can you guide their hand I wonder? Do you have the constitution to hear what they say and respond? I think you do.

Before I close I must make clear that none of the terms mentioned are negotiable. I must receive payment just before the interview begins. Please know that my associate will continue my good works in the event that I am imprisoned or executed. I assure you she is an adept scribe and edits my work regularly. Your response can be given to "The Boat Man" where my associate will collect from. I anticipate your reply eagerly.

-Spencer Beholder, Editor in Chief of The Daleland's Beholder

Back to top Go down
KnowingMeKnowingYou

KnowingMeKnowingYou

PostSubject: Re: Correspondence delivered and Marked for "Auryne"   Correspondence delivered and Marked for "Auryne" EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:27 pm

*Auryne writes a reply to this.. in addition to giving it to Tahandor.. she also post her reply as well as the above letter openly in Myth Drannor for all to see in serveral places*

Dear Spencer Beholder,

i have to say i was more than a bit suprised by your letter.
When i read your "Dalelands beholder" i was a bit sad that you declined to speak to any who are charged with the Defense of Myth Drannor, instead relying on "hearsay".
I invited you to a talk to give you the oportunity to hear what the Akh´Velahr really do.
All in Myth Drannor know that i always have an open ear and turn no one away who needs to talk to me. I hear out all critics and dicuss their points with them.

When i first read your "Beholder" i had the impression that someone is caring for the city and ist well-being. After reading your reply to my invitiation and the "non negotiable" terms, i must say that i have quite a different impression now. I am wondering if you have ever been to Myth Drannor at all and talked to our citizens and visitors.

That you could even think that i might wish you harm, like you are implying in your "terms", is so absurd that i wont even give it a another thought.
That you even request a payment of such a high sum that hundreds of people could be fed by the food bought by this amount of gold, for a kind invitation to hear the "other side of the Story", shows me that your heart knows only selfish greed.

You write about "the common folk of the city" and put yourself on a level with them, yet you request Gold in excess of what some "common folk" will ever see in their lives for just a simple talk of a few minutes...?

I must say after reading this reply, i see your newspaper in another light.

I am writing this reply as a open letter so that all citizens of Myth Drannor can see the greed that underlies your words and understand the real motivation behind your "work", as well as openly making available your reply to my invitation.

I am very sorry, Mr Beholder, but i have no other chance but to kindly decline your offer. I would have loved to have a talk with you but not on these "terms".

I honestly hope that your heart will find love and peace and you will get rid of this burden of greed before its too late.

with respect
Keeper Auryne Linthariel.
Back to top Go down
enigma

enigma

PostSubject: Re: Correspondence delivered and Marked for "Auryne"   Correspondence delivered and Marked for "Auryne" EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:32 pm

//I'm pigging back on this thread since it's on the same topic Wink

KnowingMeKnowingYou wrote:
*Auryne as she reads "The Beholder" just slowly shakes her head sadly but keeps her thoughts to herself, instead she writes a reply*

"I would like invite the anonymous author, who for no apearant reason forgot to include his name in his article and of course honored abbot Elijah to have a talk with me..
I am always open for discussion and will not turn anyone away.

Keeper Auryne Linthariel."

Elijah delivers the following note written in meticulous script to Auryne Linthariel via her aides:

Most honorable Keeper,

I thank you for graciously inviting me to a discussion on matters that concern us all. With much gladness and anticipation, I accept your invitation. Do send me word of your preferred meeting time and place; your aides could just leave a message for me at the Temple of Lathander.

Signed,
Elijah, Monastic Abbot of the Order of the Sun Soul
Back to top Go down
Jakunen

Jakunen

PostSubject: Re: Correspondence delivered and Marked for "Auryne"   Correspondence delivered and Marked for "Auryne" EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:14 pm

*During the night after all of this correspondence is posted publicly in Myth Drannor, a hooded and masked figure wanders into the edge of the city from the forest. The figure notices the letter, reads it quickly, and lets out a quiet and amused "hmh!".*

Spencer Beholder... slackjawed observer and wielder of a limp, ineffective quill. At least you've failed in an amusing manner.

*The figure, likely grinning under the hood and masks, returns to the forest and quickly disappears into the darkness.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Correspondence delivered and Marked for "Auryne"   Correspondence delivered and Marked for "Auryne" Empty

Back to top Go down

Correspondence delivered and Marked for "Auryne"
Page 1 of 1