Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Daleland's Beholder *

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PrinceOfBurgerland

PrinceOfBurgerland

The Daleland's Beholder * Empty
PostSubject: The Daleland's Beholder *   The Daleland's Beholder * EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Fair Citizens of Cormanthor, Myth Drannor and Shadowdale,

I have returned safely to my dwellings (thanks to some local farmers who provided me safe-haven) to apologize in this weeks edition. This is truly one of the few times when it hurts to be right. As expected the presumed authority in Myth Drannor have balked at the notion of sacrificing what should be a small fraction of their coffers to enlighten you. Now more than ever, it is becoming increasingly clear that Auryne and her Acolytes in Myth Drannor are financially and spiritually bankrupt to your strife. Many of you I had visited with during the weeks preceding the previous edition of The Beholder and told you I would ask for the sum of what, on average, one piece of gear an adventurer/hero spends his/her gold on. I had promised to disburse the fee I requested to the neediest families in the region, but sadly we all knew what our hearts have difficulty in admitting. Myth Drannor doesn't care any more than the heroes that strut past the holes we live in, the dirty hovels, the shame we must endure everyday. Instead of a fair inquiry as to the purpose of the requested fee, immediately (and predictably) the Hero of Heroes casts a paranoid shadow upon yours truly. I have visited the homes and locals of most of the citizens in this region and have you not seen me dressed in like garb? Am I not dirty and odoriferous from the long travels I endure on foot? Most welcome me into their homes with smiles and offerings of a meal. But all I want from you is your opinion, I want everyone to know what it is to be un-sheltered, unprivileged and un-cared for. To them it would seem, you're not even worth one Commissioned officer's field plate armor.

It takes sacrifice and diligence to operate a force of good. But we have seen neither of these have we good people? Proclamations of great deeds done against invading Drow and undead are frequently banner-ed and crier'd. But there are always more, and they always come back. You're the ones who suffer from the lack of perseverance on the part of your "Holy" saviors. They tout good intentions, but dismiss the evil that is rotting away at the core of this region. It profits them for you to suffer it would seem. More invasions means more treasure! Such blatant apathy will endure until you and your families are washed away. Then there will be nothing, to not care about.

It is with great trepidation that I admit something so publicly, because no doubt the efforts of Myth Drannor upon me will intensify. But just two days after your last issue was posted, several attempts on my life were made. Elves, some with Golden hair and some with Dark hair assailed me as I left the dock where "The Boatman" harbors.While I am sure this boatman would have helped me if he had not set underway already (Maybe he knew?), there was no one to come to my aid. This happened in broad daylight, I was lucky enough to slip away due to having a concoction that makes one invisible. I fell into the river and was washed a distance away from them, but before I got out of earshot I heard one of them say to the others in Elven" Come, let's return to Myth Drannor". Thankfully, many miles away, one of my devoted readers assisted me with dry clothes and a warm floor to sleep on for the night. So it occurs to me that I must not mention the names of those who would be interviewed from here on.

Our newspaper must go underground, I will still correspond with as many of you as I can. However, until these attempts have ceased I will employ my associate to tend to your questions and conduct interviews. This person will greet you with the normal customary expression that we share. Hang in there good people of The Dalelands, your liberation will come.

-Spencer Beholder
Back to top Go down

The Daleland's Beholder *
Page 1 of 1