Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Daleland's Beholder *

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PrinceOfBurgerland

PrinceOfBurgerland

The Daleland's Beholder * Empty
PostSubject: The Daleland's Beholder *   The Daleland's Beholder * EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:47 pm

News for the Regions of Cormanthor, Shadowdale, Freehaven and now The UnderDark!

~Spencer Beholder Reporting

Special Edition

Shytra Ressurected….?

Sources of your Beholder have various reports concerning witnesses in outlying farms of a shadowy drow priestess, resembling the scourge of male society, Shyntra. Some speculation is made over what have been a rash of murders along the outlying reaches of the region, namely upon farm hands, who have all been male and have suffered castration post mortem. The Daleland’s Beholder urges you to work and travel in packs, especially males due to the rise in mortality of this gender. Though a certain identifier has not been placed upon this shadow figure, the fear this name encourages is enough to paralyze productive farming villages from working into the evening. More news as information is gathered.

A Romantic Fireside Chat with Auryne Linthariel

If the Beholder had not been distributed on the day just before this event, It surely would have made an earlier edition. I Spencer Beholder, writ of the free (and not so free) peoples of Cormanthor and witness to the atrocities of the Underdark, report the title of this article to be true! Despite certain beliefs, especially by the Heirarchy’s Apex in the Elven stronghold, your editor frequently visits their realm. Many of you who reside in the interior of the city and even those who just loiter at its entrance, can visualize yours truly, socializing and getting a good measure on the thoughts and ideas of its inhabitants. All walks of life travel through there, unless otherwise forbidden and it’s a usual day to meet wayward travelers, ambitious entrepreneurs, or the occasional thirsty Dwarf, eager to get his fill. The Defenders of the camp and the city’s interior are effective and professional, efficiently asserting the law when it is defaulted upon. The diversity of races would strike me the most, as Halflings, Humans and even genasi can occasionally be witnessed. But nestled just off to the side of the entrance is The Traveler’s Star, a tavern in which our true and exclusive report comes from. What other news source can deliver such an admirable and iconic figure like Lady Auryne Linthariel, Keeper of the area and general authority on civility.

The fireplace where she chose to sit was warm and inviting, quite a contrast from the open road that I usually case reports from. It is here that Lady Auryne insists we sit and share evening drinks. The fire crackled in the ambiance of the tavern, which held a few sparse patrons. As we talked I could get a sense that this was a troubled leader, one torn between the duty she has accepted, and the restrictions that come with it. It was obvious by her disposition, that she had traveled the adventurer’s path many cycles, she had known triumph, tribulation, and heartache. She talked most of the night away, clearly comfortable with your editor’s opinion. Few questions were asked of her, yet Auryne was eager to divulge all of her feelings about the political and martial situation engulfing the region. Her dismay at the arrival of a new enemy was apparent, her worry, easily read upon her face for the people who have suffered due to this. Yet through all of the demure posturing, I had a sense that she was attempting to send me a message. One that yearned to be comforted by the very arms of your editor! But as always, I maintained a professional disposition and kept business at hand and under quill. It was then I realized, that she had chosen this setting for a reason. The romantic fireplace, the perfectly serviced drinks, the fact that she emphasized not being betrothed, how could such a spirited and iconic hero have an interest in me?

From there on my senses became keen to the perfectly choreographed efficiency of the staff in the tavern, the patrons there, the music. I have to admit, I am still flattered by all the trouble that was orchestrated just to impress me. The only way I could maintain my professional focus was to consider your feelings good reader. That is what your Daleland’s Beholder is all about. As a service to you I bravely continued the interview. Auryne admitted that all of my articles in the past were accurate, and that she completely understood my angle. This could only mean that the leader of Myth Drannor is actually connecting with the people she represents. That’s YOU dear reader.

It was also admitted that since your newpaper began circulating, the surge in samaritanship has been overwhelming. Which mean the results you have been demanding good reader, are finally being met. Before this edition closes, I would like to take the opportunity to dispel the rumors that Auryne and myself are involved romantically in any way. Despite her obvious infactuation with me, I will endure as your Editor in Chief and bring you the most unbiased and latest News reports in the region.

Be sure to get the next edition of the Daleland’s beholder, where we will report on the Ironhouse Clan and their attempt to recover their stronghold! Also, the Mauve Death, was it really from the purple rain, or was it a sexually transmitted disease?
The Quest for Underdark access, Can Spencer survive an exclusive interview with a Matron Mother? Find out next month!

Special thanks imparted to all of the sources providing information lent to the validity of this edition. Also thanks to Auryne Linthariel for an amazing night.

Back to top Go down

The Daleland's Beholder *
Page 1 of 1