Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))

Go down 
+9
Gildren
pyro
Skullz
ObsidianRaven
gandruff
Lord Droke
SteelNuts
Slayermaster
Vanelier
13 posters

Would a persistent Gladiator style tournament help the Rothe' be more immersive?
Yes
Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) I_vote1188%Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) I_vote12
 88% [ 30 ]
No
Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) I_vote1112%Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) I_vote12
 12% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 34

AuthorMessage
PrinceOfBurgerland

PrinceOfBurgerland

Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) Empty
PostSubject: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:33 am

So I've been thinking about the Non-Drow inhabitants of our lovely UD and have noticed that;

A. They become slaves and picked up by the Que'llars

B. They Get Thrashed on an Altar

I cant get this thought out of my head because I believe there is potential for strong RP when it comes to the anti-denizens of the UD. First, when a players decides to make one of these tormented characters, what are their goals in mind? Their motivations? What is a good RP experience for a Pc that controls a rothe? It is difficult and requires a lot of patience and tolerance to play a beginning Male, much less a Non Drow. The Role Play you can expect with the majority of its inhabitants will be limited to submissive gestures, if not total silence and waiting to be recognized. Such is the life of a rothe sure.

There must be an immersive way to get the rothe' of the UD more active and involved. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

I have to assume that playing a rothe (Drow or not) requires a player to consider their motivations or goals. Some people only have the goal to experience the underdark, or just wish to play a hyper submissive role. That's fine, there doesn't need to be a definite direction to any character. Some people build a character with an ending in mind, some people like to leave it wide open. But what about the rothe'?

I think there is an opportunity to enrich the RP and general purpose of these characters and create a Drow friendly way to immerse our rothe into the setting.

Create a persistent tournament that the Rothe' can use their growing abilities for.
Drow would love the entertainment of having their rothe' go head to head in battle, and it would be another way for them to assume superiority over their rivals.

So a Gladiator style set-up, with the rothe' representing their Qu'ellar or group. Bets between houses can be made, "Cold Wars" can be fought through this. It would wreak of intrigue and behind the scenes tampering, while giving the Drow some sport to talk about. Think about the possibilities.

Please comment your point of view on this and respond to the poll!
Back to top Go down
Vanelier

Vanelier

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:42 am

I really like this idea, because it does indeed fuel "sideline politics" and it gives the rothe something to look forward to (or conversely, dread) and gives them motivation to either become great or escape, creating some real RP excitement.
Back to top Go down
Slayermaster

Slayermaster

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Interesting idea. Although I would like it to not be mandatory. Sometimes just being a house slave is preferable to ultra-combat master.
Back to top Go down
SteelNuts

SteelNuts

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:30 pm

I would make an alt for this, it sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
Lord Droke

Lord Droke

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:52 pm

The idea of gladiator Rothe actually does sound interesting. I've been watching the third season of Sparticus, and with all of the intrigue that goes on there and plays for position, the idea would fit well and definitely fuel RP. I agree with Slayermaster, definitely not mandatory, but a separate class of Gladiator Rothe would be cool. Rothe specifically made and purchased for the games, with weekly game events.
Back to top Go down
Vanelier

Vanelier

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 1:05 pm

+10 to Droke and Slayer - not mandatory, but the option and the ability to have something to look forward to in the UD would be great!
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 1:10 pm

*Eyes the dabelkith arena just waiting to get some use*
I would be in support of gladiator fights
Back to top Go down
ObsidianRaven

ObsidianRaven

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 1:37 pm

I voted no, dont get me wrong it does sound like a very fun idea and in a past game where I use to play a Slave Trainner/Trader called Eia we use to have pit fighters and the fights were very very fun and encouraged epic role playing both before and after a match. My only concern is that if such a thing were to be persistent it would might actually narrow down and possibly limit what a slave character has option wise to grow and develope their characters, as pit fighting (from what iv seen and been told by players that enjoy playing slave type characters, as well as expireobed for myself playing a slave character) is one of the three aspects of normal slave life the others being, labour (skilled and unskilled) and, entertainent (unsavory and savory). By focusing on just one aspect the player might be missing out on all the other lovely stuff that comes with their chains. However if it is not manditory then I change my vote too a yes! And look forward to getting involved! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vilesinger

Vilesinger

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:04 pm

I voted yes. I wish to see more than the typical pretty female slave in the UD. When was the last time someone made a male slave for the UD? Also I noticed that many slave characters do not last. The rp gets old I guess for them, maybe if they had more to do with their slave character than be a pretty female and umm you know....

I like this idea very much and it would encourage more handsome male slaves with large muscles and actually give all the female characters something to look at and admire as they battle. I think this would be a bit closer to Lore also. I am really bored of all the pretty, innocent female slaves in the UD.

MORE MALE ROTHEN! alien
Back to top Go down
PrinceOfBurgerland

PrinceOfBurgerland

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:45 pm

Lets keep some perspective, all torture rules apply. We can't force any PC to participate in PvP if they don't want to, since it could be viewed by some as a form of torture. It was never suggested to be mandatory. Drow are crafty, either they will send in a Rothe' that they know wont embarrass them, or they'll send one in as a form of humiliation/punishment.

But it should always be made clear with the controller of the Rothe' that such a thing is permissible.

There could be other skilled contests too, but in danger of derailing the thread I'll remain quiet.
Back to top Go down
Slayermaster

Slayermaster

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 3:21 pm

Vilesinger wrote:
I voted yes. I wish to see more than the typical pretty female slave in the UD. When was the last time someone made a male slave for the UD? Also I noticed that many slave characters do not last. The rp gets old I guess for them, maybe if they had more to do with their slave character than be a pretty female and umm you know....

I like this idea very much and it would encourage more handsome male slaves with large muscles and actually give all the female characters something to look at and admire as they battle. I think this would be a bit closer to Lore also. I am really bored of all the pretty, innocent female slaves in the UD.

MORE MALE ROTHEN! alien

Hey, I play a not-pretty slave!
Razz
Back to top Go down
Skullz

Skullz

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:23 pm

if such a thing is implimented looks like im gonna have to make a slave alt ... again
Back to top Go down
pyro

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Skullz wrote:
if such a thing is implimented looks like im gonna have to make a slave alt ... again

A recapture of Vuz could always be arranged... I know just the fellow. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Gildren

Gildren

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:18 am

The Qu'ellar Dabel'kith compound has an arena that I made specifically for the purpose of such thing as gladiator combat.

When we re-take Szith-Morecane and Maerimydra I will be happy to make sure an arena is placed within one or both of them.

In my opinion, arena combats, and the betting, bard shows etc that would be all about them are very much 'main stream' drow culture
Back to top Go down
MustangSVT
Admin
MustangSVT

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:25 am

If I'm not mistaken, there is a slave pit in the Broken Staff tavern as well.
Back to top Go down
Vilesinger

Vilesinger

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:32 am

I have never seen a slave pit
Back to top Go down
PrinceOfBurgerland

PrinceOfBurgerland

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:48 am

Then that settles it, the vote is in overwhelming favor of doing such. If no one is opposed I will organize the thing (have already started constructing a system JIC it was approved. By Mustangs reaction it appears he would be ok with it. I have a good plan and would keep stats and rankings posted Bi-weekly. I'll send a PM to get true confirmation or Mustang if you read this first can we get a formal OK? After that I will post the "system" where-as the combatant's Masters would decide the place. Maybe a Championship of sorts could be done at the Dabel'Kith compound? Or alternate the site from month to month (In regards to tha championship)

If there is a problem with me organizing this, please let me know and toss some ideas at me by PM!

-Bobby
Back to top Go down
Rhicora

Rhicora

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Another suggestion: if you're a powerful character, think of other ways you can include slaves in your character's concept. The rothe are unobtrusive, harmless, and easily manipulated. That makes them perfect as spies and couriers.
Back to top Go down
Gildren

Gildren

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Another thought might be the area right next to the Zau'Aflin house, it's a pretty large open area, would just need a DM to pull the spawns for the event. It' snot a real arena, but it's pretty arena-like for now
Back to top Go down
PrinceOfBurgerland

PrinceOfBurgerland

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 11:51 pm

I kinda shaped a name for this ongoing event. Tell me what you think.

The Ilythirii' Or'shanse d'Rothen (The Drow Sacrifice of Slaves)

or the IOR for short
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))   Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly)) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rothe purpose and productivity ((Oocly))
Page 1 of 1