Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Taeron

Taeron

Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale. Empty
PostSubject: Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale.   Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale. EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:05 pm

((This tiny piece of RP only happened if a DM approval is given - otherwise you can delete it. It's just my small attempt to be a part of a certain event, but given the timezone difference - my character is not able to take part even though he would make damn sure to be there and help with all he's got))

The Zhentarim barracks are flooded with numerous reports of patrols being attacked in the northern parts of Shadowdale. The intel says that someone is doing hit and run attacks on different spots in the northern Shadowdale and the outskirts, braving even the larger groups of swordhands. Apparently - the attackers always retreat towards the woods, before attacking a different patrol somewhere else in the region. The most unbelievable of rumors say that even some Shadovar troops were attacked in the region.

Those who live in Northern Shadowdale and the outskirts could hear the sounds of combat throughout the entire day and would notice an increased presence of the Zhentarim troops. Those who turn their heads skywards would notice a Skymage moving to assist the Swordhands - and even an additional squad of Shadovar troops forming in the fields near the Shadowdale woods.

The sounds of battle can be heard from time to time for at least one more hour, before the town goes silent.

Later that night, rumors start to spread that that the attacker was a lone warrior in a horned helmet and that he managed to retreat to the Shadowdale woods. The Zhentarim reassure all the farmers that the savage raider didn't manage to cause any serious damage and that he was gravely wounded in the fight.

Those who were brave enough and managed to hide form the Swordhands when they cleared one of the streets would see that the Zhentarim weren't unharmed themselves. Many wounded and probably a few dead are carried towards the Central Shadowdale - out of sights of commoners and other townsfolk.
Back to top Go down
DM Serenity

DM Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale.   Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale. EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:36 am

// Not to be harsh here, but if I allow one player to control Zhentarim troops in forum RP then I'd have to extend the same right, out of fairness, to everyone else. I'm not willing to do that for... a few reasons, so for simplicity's sake, one will need to contact either DM Buce, DM Overlord or I for such matters.

Or, if you'd like to RP this out in game, then that can be arranged.

I'm sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.
Back to top Go down
Taeron

Taeron

PostSubject: Re: Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale.   Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale. EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 6:51 am

/// absolutely no problem. That's why I added the condition of DM confirmation.

/// Feel free to delete the whole thing so that the topic doesn't waste space
Back to top Go down
Dormouse

Dormouse

PostSubject: Re: Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale.   Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale. EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:01 am

//will leave it actually as a reminder, this could be an interesting thing if the dms concerned are able to pick up on it
Back to top Go down
Taeron

Taeron

PostSubject: Re: Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale.   Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale. EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:13 am

/// this was meant as an attemt to distract the forces of Shadowdale and preferably Shadovar - the only way Taeron was able to be a part of the Lanius rescue due to the fact that it was done in a rather bad time for me (timezones and all). Given the friendship between the two, Taeron would not just stand by idly when a rescue mission is attempted, but I simply couldn't be there as it started at 3 AM my time.
It was not a random attack and he would not do it without a very good reason (Lanius) so it's not really much use to play it out anytime in the future Wink

/// I have tried to do similar things in the past ICly to make any form of resistance against the Zhents seem alive, and given the experience I don't think something like this can be done ICly.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Alfie

Alfie

PostSubject: Re: Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale.   Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale. EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 7:17 am

///Id like to propose this miniRP story to be reconsidered again please and please..
Which infact the some of the things in this story actually happened that night, under the supervision of DM coroebus..
I mean we "did" snatched three elite guards, by luring them at least, for the sake of lanius mission...

//Our PCs need a proper RP out for not being able to attend Lannius event due to RL timezone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale.   Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale. Empty

Back to top Go down

Skirmishes in the Northern Shadowdale.
Page 1 of 1