Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Meeting in the Mines

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grisome

Grisome

A Meeting in the Mines Empty
PostSubject: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:59 pm

((Since Gandy is going to be away from in-game for a few weeks, for the sake of progression and at Ocelot's approval, Gand and I will be completing this part of spell-name-trading for the Lord of Filth plot, over the forums.))

At least it wasn't far underground.
The door was right there, he had an escape route. A way to wide, open spaces and sunlight.
He'd never liked caves, or mines, or anything so enclosed and suffocating. Not since those hours, days, spent in that tiny closet.
Never bothered him before, though. The dislike of caves. What would live underground that he'd ever want to interact with? Drow?
A shame that, in this case, yes... it was Drow he needed to meet with. Perhaps having to deal with such violent, bloodthirsty... things added to his anxiety and fear. Certainly didn't help. The damned things were so fickle... maybe she'd decide she wasn't interested in trading useful information and would try to kill him instead.
No telling with these damn dirt elves.

The ring Mi'reli had given him in their last encounter gave a soft glow, buttering the nearby walls of the mine with its color. The Warlock loitered around at the entrance, cloaked in invisibility and close to the door, in case a hasty getaway was required. The last time, there had been others lurking. Archers. There was no reason to think this time would be any different, or even worse.
He turned to place his back against the filthy walls of the mine and began to twist the ring restlessly between his fingers. Nothing to do now but wait.
At least this stretch was almost over.
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:33 pm

After a while there are sound of footsteps before a Drow female walks into view, her figure shimmering lightly with the various spells and wards in effect upon her. She was wearing her usual red dress with no armour in sights and no weapons either other than a large heavy shield which hung from her pack.
"Usstan was wondering when dos would turn back up."
Back to top Go down
Grisome

Grisome

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:39 pm

"You an th' elfs share somethin' in common: both can be awful difficult to work with. Had to hear back from them first." He stepped away from the wall and lazily adjusted his jacket, before the ring sailed through the air as he tossed it towards her. He'd have no use for it anymore, certainly had no desire to have to meet up with her in the future.
"Did you fig'er out th' spell?"
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:41 pm

"Did dos get the other two?"
She catches her eyes glancing over the ring as a precaution for any changes befor stowing it
Back to top Go down
Grisome

Grisome

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:45 pm

"I got 'em," He lifted a hand and tapped one gloved finger against one of his temples. A simple gesture to let her know, had she been considering just killing him for it, that he didn't carry them written on his person. It was all in memory.
"Seein' as I'm at the slight advantage here, I'll tell you one, you tell me yours, an' then ya get th' third. Deal?" And here was the worst part, trying to actually be logical with a Drow. Already he anticipated her refusal at that, but it was worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:55 pm

"Nau"
She just says simply folds her arms eyeing the human
"But first as usstan seem to recall certain conditions usstan made. Usstan trust dos made such clear? then udos can speak about this 'trade' "
Back to top Go down
Grisome

Grisome

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:58 pm

He rubbed the bridge of his nose in a gesture of annoyance, but did his best to remain civil with the woman.
"Yeah, yeah, you get th' head if it's obtained. Tha's fine." He said nothing more, deciding to let her try and figure out how best she wanted to exchange the spell knowledge, then.
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:38 pm

"Then to make certain"
She takes out a rolled up piece of parchment which she tosses to grimm. Inside seemed to be a contract that had been written up all apart from the signiture at the bottom.

An examine of it showed it to be mostly reasonable contract considering who most likely wrote it stateing terms of how the signee is to bring the head and remains of the creature called 'the lord of filth' to be passed directly yathrin mi'reli or a member of quellar dabelkith with the intention of it to be passed onto yathrin mi'reli.
In the failure to deliver said head and remains of the lord of filth to yathrin mi'reli instead the signee is required to deliver a darthiiri child to give to yathrin mi'reli or in absence of such offer themselves to servitude under her for a year and a day.
There was the usual great curses and threats should the signee break this agreement

"Look it over first if dos wish but there should be little problem just as long as dos deliver the viths head"

She diddnt care much for the contract but she had remembered him mention before how he was of the devil variety, this made this the most likey way to make certain he delivered
Back to top Go down
Grisome

Grisome

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:49 pm

"I'm not bringin' you a kid, no matter wha'," He said matter-of-factly, tapping that section of the parchment, before it was tossed back. "So you better drop tha' line of thinkin' immediately." Despite the fact that the contract didn't call for a child exclusively due to failure, he still had no intention of possibly endangering some random kid.
"Change it, an' I'll sign." Whether or not he had any intention of keeping his word on said contract was anyone's guess.
"Then le'ss focus on th 'actual matter at hand, here."
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 6:22 pm

She smirks at that
"Was worth a try, usstan suppose usstan can settle for a grown darthiir instead"
She erases the word 'child' tossing it back
"As for the 'matter at hand' after dos sign"
she takes out a folded piece of paper letting him see such but holding it in her hand.
"The spell dos seek and easily flamable at a moments notice should dos try anything. dos will say the first, then write the second down to trade."
Back to top Go down
Grisome

Grisome

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 6:26 pm

"I'm not givin' you anyone else, either. You're gettin' more out of this than I am anyhow, so why not jus' be grateful for me agreein' to bring you th' head -- if I can."
But he's already preparing for the proposed trade, digging through his pockets for a piece of scrap-parchment, and turning briefly to the wall to write something down on the paper with a piece of charcoal.
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:01 pm

"Dos won't have to bring ussa anything else so long as dos get ussa ussta head. Call it insurance that dos will deliver, usstan do naut deal with 'ifs'.
That dos get ussa the head is ussta condition. Dos agree or usstan head back and leave dos for the archers"
Back to top Go down
Grisome

Grisome

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:04 pm

"I've already agreed to it, once you drop th' stupid "bring me people to kill if I don't get th' head" nonsense. You're awful demandin' for a lady who also needs th' spells I have." He turned around again after getting the spell written down, paper folded in half.
"Settled, then?"
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:07 pm

She considers for a moment
"Fine, usstan will drop dos having to bring ussa a darthiir should dos fail, sign that then udos will get this done with"
Back to top Go down
Grisome

Grisome

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:13 pm

After he received the contract again, it was signed rather carelessly and quickly (making sure, of course, the terms of needing to bring her another person, are omitted).
The paper is handed back to her, and then the scrap that bears the spell-name on it is extended forward to exchange for her own.
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:19 pm

"Both are written upon that paper, because if its just one and dos are planning to speak it after udos trade these then usstan would advise dos speak it before the trade so usstan know dos are naut just going to scarper off once dos have all components and usstan only have two of the three."
Back to top Go down
Grisome

Grisome

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:22 pm

"..You're th' Drow. You're th' one makin' obnoxious demands when you're already bein' benefited, an' I'm th' one who can't be trusted? Deal with it!" He growled, obviously irritated by this point. "If you wanna demand a severed head of some insane, powerful devil, then you can complete this deal my way."
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:28 pm

She laughs at this
"Dos will find usstan do naut trust anyone. Usstan will humor dossta notion this time, dossta way then."
She extends the piece of paper towards grimm reaching to take his at the same time as he takes hers
Back to top Go down
Grisome

Grisome

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:47 pm

He happily relinquished the paper to her in exchange for hers, just wanting to get this done with and get out of the mines.
Scrawled on the parchment he'd given her was a single word, Sunburst.
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Her own parchment states the phrase 'Eldritch Blast'
She reads the parchment given and scowls somewhat
"Really? dos have to be kidding"
She sighs not seeming too happy that spell may be needed
"Whats the last one then"
Back to top Go down
Grisome

Grisome

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:47 pm

He couldn't help but laugh at her ironic, unfortunate situation. "It gets better. Moonbolt, is your other one."
The paper she'd given him was folded up and pocketed, and he took a few steps back towards the exit of the mine.
"Good luck." Not that he really meant it. They were Drow, after all.
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:12 pm

". . . .Difficult but naut impossible"
She committed the two spells to memory, the hand holding the note bursting into flames briefly so no evidence was left behind on her side.
"Udos do naut need luck, usstan would suggest dos start running, dos have 5 seconds to leave before the shadows start to do as they please"
She turns and leave seeming to fade from conventional sight as she first slips into invisibility
"Usstan will expect its head then"
and then after a dark prayer she dissapears into the ethereal plane.
Back to top Go down
Grisome

Grisome

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:22 pm

And there, of course, was his reason for having made sure the meeting had been near the mine's entrance. It was only a few short, quick steps before he was back outside and shoving the door shut behind himself.
"I wonder if I can talk Malik into givin' me hazard pay," He grumbled as he started the long walk back to the city.
At least it was done!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting in the Mines   A Meeting in the Mines Empty

Back to top Go down

A Meeting in the Mines
Page 1 of 1