Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The faith of one elf

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

The faith of one elf Empty
PostSubject: The faith of one elf   The faith of one elf EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:02 pm

*The sun elf walks the entire temple of the seldarine like looking for something that could be, yet it was not there, while paying tribute to all shrines there, specially the ones to Sehanine and the Father. Blushing like never more since childhood he adresses the high priestess in the temple*

- High priestess Finduilas, I seek clarification in one matter that troubles me, please pardon my ignorance and help your brother. A week ago I was at the entrance to the City of Songs talking with some people about drow, when someone talked about Eilistraee. I had never heard that name before, so I asked who she was, than they explained to me she was a drow goddess of dance and that she was worshipped by good drow. Good drow? I know there is a list of drow allowed or tolerated, but I didnt follow they have a goddess, truly I didn't believe this preposterous. I was already shocked when this lady, that presented herself as High Moonmistress Adela Latonei, talked me in a way that looked almost like an accusation, saying Eilistraee was a drow goddes that lives in Arvandor, I have to confess that I felt like being accused of be somehow false to the Seldarine. I can't be in peace with this doubt in my heart, tell me blessed sister, there is a such a goddes? She's at Arvandor? She's allied to the seldarine? Why I never heard about her?

((I thank for anyone who can follow his doubt or stopped to read. This can have some consequences in his roleplay and possible course of actions.//

Back to top Go down
DM Light

DM Light

PostSubject: Re: The faith of one elf   The faith of one elf EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:00 am

*Finduilas returns a warm smile to the Ar Tel Quessir as she listens patiently to all that he have to say*
*After he is finishes she dresses him in elven with a confident yet a graceful stance and troublesome look in her eyes*

The Daughter of Corellon is quite a mystery and a fascinating story herself.
In truth Eilistraee attacked Arvandor alongside the rest of the Anti Seldarine that included many enemies of the people, including: Malar, Gruumsh, Auril and Eilistraee's siblings; Vhaeraun, Ghaunadaur and Kiaransalee.

Eilistraee was banished with her siblings and her mother to the Abyss by Corellon, even though the First of the Seldarine knew that she was tricked.
Eilistraee was cursed like her brothers and sister with their dark black skin, though the Creator of the Elves knew that real, pure evil does not truly lie within her heart.

Corellon's anger was immense, but as great as it was, a father will always forgive his children if their heart is at the right place.

*Finduilas grins dryly and continues*

Eilistraee was tricked by Lolth indeed, there is no quesiton about it. The accursed Spider Queen's word are like poison to the ears that goes deeper than we know.

The great Corellon forgave his daughter and was willing to pardon her of her crimes and to allow her to the fields of Arvandor once more.
But the Maiden of the Moon, refused to the generous offer.
Eilistraee chose to live in exile with the belief that she can still save some of the lost souls Lolths had eluded into her terrible way of life and servitude.
So no, Eilistraee does not live in Arvandor, nor her followers go there and yes, Eilistraee is among the allies of the Seldarine, though she is not one of them.

It is possibly you have not heard of her, because such incidents are rare across Faerun though around the Dales and the Cormanthor the followers or Eilistraee are more common but still, rarely ever seen.

I must warn you, young sun elf. Many presume to call themselves Eilistraeens, but a very small number of them truly are so.
The Drow elves lie and they do so often. They will be your best friends as the emissaries of the Maiden of the Moon for long years just to stab you at the back when it is comfortable.
The real servants of Eilistraee will not even attempt to attack you back even if you shall start sending spells and swords at their very faces.

Be careful young one and trust no one of them unless they have proven beyond any doubt and for a time long enough that their intentions are pure indeed.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: The faith of one elf   The faith of one elf EmptyFri May 11, 2012 2:28 pm

*The sun elf hears all the high priestess says, stunned, but not protesting in any moment*

I... understand high priestess. To make us believe that good drow walk around, would prove to be too much dangerous for the survival of some of us, as the deceivers would beyond doubt take advantage of our feelings about the seldarine and our allies, to pose as one of them. It is a sad history indeed, the same Father who cried and bled us out, yet had to 'sacrifice' his daughter for our safety, there is no other way to describe his love than divine, beyond mortal understanding. *sighs* I'll remenber your words carefully sister, so my sword will not be lowered with the promise of friendship of a pretending to be eilistraeen, cause I have to protect the people who lives with the seldarine in their heart, each one of them, and this include myself. I thank your time, patience and guidance.

*Nadin knees in front of her, kissing her hand respectfully, than stands and leaves the temple. Some sadness walking with him, cause now he has a knowledge that will serve only to disturb him somehow.*

((Thank you very much DM Light, it was great and even more than I was expecting//
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The faith of one elf   The faith of one elf Empty

Back to top Go down

The faith of one elf
Page 1 of 1