Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Question of Faith...

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Saiya

Saiya

A Question of Faith... Empty
PostSubject: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Cadence makes her way to the Temple of the Seldarine in Myth Drannor, making no attempt to hide who she is or that she was going there. She looks uneasy as she climbs the steps leading to the door, pausing only momentarily before entering, as if steeling her resolve. Upon entering, she looks around for one of the clergy.

"I'm seeking one who follows Sehanine, would you be able to direct me?"
Back to top Go down
SimilarlyDifferent

SimilarlyDifferent

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:00 pm

A white haired elf sits off to the side twirling her hair in her fingertips. After observing for a moment, she clears her throat, and grins at the woman.

"I might know someone. But, it depends on what you want them for!"
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:08 pm

"I have... questions." She replies. "Regarding things I've seen in Reverie."
Back to top Go down
SimilarlyDifferent

SimilarlyDifferent

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:25 am

Leire grins.

"You see them, too? It is a gift, don't be afraid of it!"

She removes a flower from her hair, and offers it to Cadence.

"Tell me what you have seen?"
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:42 am

She smiles as she accepts the proffered flower with a nod of thanks, then looks around. "Is there... someplace we might speak in private?"
Back to top Go down
SimilarlyDifferent

SimilarlyDifferent

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:47 am

"There is a bed of wildflowers up the river near some old stone ruins. Every spring and summer, the fields are covered with the most beautiful butterflies you've ever seen. I will bring you there, if you'd like?"

She offers a hand to Cadence, and if allowed, she would take her to the place she had described, and spread a thin blanket on the ground so that the two could sit in the peace and quiet of the field.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:38 am

She smiles gently and nods. "That sounds lovely." She says, accepting the proffered hand.

Upon reaching the place, she looked around while Leire set up her blanket. "This truly is a sight to behold."
Back to top Go down
SimilarlyDifferent

SimilarlyDifferent

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:51 am

Leire giggles and nods.

"But the best part is, I can braid flowers into your hair, while you tell me all about what she has revealed to you in your reverie."

With that, the elf looks around for any early blooms she might find, selecting her favorites and wrapping them in a handkerchief. When she is satisfied, she takes a seat behind Cadence, showing her the small flowers.

"May I?"
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:30 am

A human male can be seen in the distance watching the pair of elves talk. His features aren't very well defined except for a wide brimmed hat. He keeps an eye out for danger.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:03 am

With a smile and a nod, Cadence sits with her back toward Leire. She takes a moment to gather her thoughts before speaking.

"For a while now when I was in reverie, I've begun to see things that I know I haven't done, but they're things I'm planning to do. Like, my theater hall. It's still under construction, and yet in my reverie I've begun to see it already complete. At first I thought that maybe it was simply my imagination starting to play games with me but...."

She seemed to pause, as if gathering her thoughts, until she spied the human in the distance. Seeing him, she looked back. "As lovely as this place is, it doesn't appear to be very private at all." She points out the human. "I don't know who he is, and I'm not even certain if he can hear us, but... I'd rather not take the chance, if you can understand that?"
Back to top Go down
SimilarlyDifferent

SimilarlyDifferent

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:40 pm

She peers up, looking to see if she can recognize the man or at least the hat.

"Are you frightened? We can skip off elsewhere, if you want to. But no where is secret, unless you have a room with a key, and why would you want that? Well... if it was raining, and you didn't want to get wet. Hmm... all right! We can go where you want to go, then.

But, before we do, know that it is not uncommon for Sehanine to send her blessings in the form of visions to those who are open to accepting them. Most people do not realize, do not care, do not believe... even many of the elves in these lands, who have had their hearts hardened by the conflicts of war. They know she is there, but do not know how to listen to her."

As she stands, holding the flowers in her wrap, she gazes again toward the man, squinting as she tries to see him.

((Jal - You may decide whether or not you'd like her to recognize who the visitor is! I didn't wanna metagame you. ))
Back to top Go down
SimilarlyDifferent

SimilarlyDifferent

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Recognizing the man, Leire breaks into a huge grin.

"No, no, no! He's okay, that's Junstal! He gave me this."

She shows Cadence a pin, the symbol of Sehanine emblazoned upon it.

"He is sort of like us, he follows a human goddesss, not unlike her. He is probably here to watch out for me, and protect me."

With this, Leire hugs the pin to her chest tightly.

"Don't worry, you can trust him, he let me decorate his hat."

((Recognized Junstal with permission of his player.))
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:18 pm

As they are both looking towards Junstal he waves an arm in greeting but keeps his distance respecting their privacy. He seems mostly to watch the road and surrounding forests and politely not staring at the silver haired beautiful elven girl that has become so important to him.
((Using true sight and buff spells to spot sneakers))
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:37 pm

"Erm... if you, say so." Cadence nods, though it's clear she's still not quite comfortable. Though, her discomfort about the subject seems to be about the same since she entered the temple. It's obvious that many things weigh on her mind, and she isn't quite certain how to express them.

"So, you're saying this is.... normal?" She finally asks.
Back to top Go down
SimilarlyDifferent

SimilarlyDifferent

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:19 pm

Leire waves back to Junstal, then peers once more at the pin, before tucking it away. She gives a reassuring nod to Cadence and gently takes the elf's hair, combing her fingers through it as she settles back down onto the blanket.

“Junstal will keep us safe, don't worry.

As for normal, well... don't you know, normal is relative to the time and place in which you exist? But, for the Lady of Dreams? Yes, it is quite normal. Many elves know her for her role in death, fewer understand her work of dreams...

She won't speak to her chosen as other gods do, she uses dreams and spiritual quests to reveal her will to those who seek to hear it. But, you have to listen, else she may cease to reveal her mysteries. Would you hear her will... allow your fear to fade and peek into the unknown?”

Her tone is far away and dreamy, she seems content to sit and braid Cadence's hair, slowly decorating it with the small flowers she had gathered.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:54 pm

She sits and lets Leire work for several long minutes, once more gathering her thoughts. "Why, would she chose someone, and for what purpose?" She asked after a time. "It seems as though I already hear her will, I just... don't understand what it all means."
Back to top Go down
SimilarlyDifferent

SimilarlyDifferent

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Leire giggles.

“Well, that is like asking why grass is green, why the sky is blue, and why butterflies are beautiful. There is probably a perfectly reasonable explanation for it, but... why does it matter? Why question it, rather than enjoy it?

That probably is not the answer that you seek, though, is it? More logically, she sees something worthwhile within you. It is not for us to question the will of the gods, nor why they do the things that they do. Perhaps she is merely giving you a sign of her favor. Do you feel as if the dreams are telling you something, or are they simply visions?”

She continues to braid strand after strand of Cadence's hair, humming very quietly and soothingly as the other elf speaks. Every so often she casts a glance in Junstal's direction as if to make sure he is still watching the path.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 12:01 am

Again, Cadenced seemed to nod, taking things in. At Leire's question, she kind of shrugs. "So far, they just seem to be visions, I guess. I see things in my reverie, then I kind of forget about them until I come upon the moment I saw. Then... it's like I knew I was meant to be there, because I had seen it."

"I can never really tell what is what, everything is always so vague. The only thing I can say for certain about them is that I know they're not memories. At least, not mine... or rather, not yet?" She frowns, shaking her head. "I kind of get this... feeling, a vague idea of people I haven't yet met, places I haven't yet been, things I haven't yet done, and then... they happen. Sometimes right away, sometimes not for months, or years."

"Maybe, they're trying to tell me something and I just don't know how to speak the language. Or maybe they are just visions. I... honestly don't know."
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 12:17 am

Junstal keeps a careful watch well out of listening range. However his bunny Bernard snuggles up to Leire his whiskers twitching. She knows that Junstal would not use the bunny to spy, but that if trouble would arrive they could communicate through him.
Back to top Go down
SimilarlyDifferent

SimilarlyDifferent

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:29 am

Leire grins when the bunny hops over. She lifts it, and places it on her lap. Then goes back to braiding.

“So it sounds like you need a better understanding of what it is that you are seeing, or why particular things are being shown to you? There are moments.. of her guidance. When you feel that where you are is “right” because you were shown it, that is her hand.

If you'd like more clarity... a better understanding of what it is that you see, there are ways to accomplish that. There is prayer, the burning of incense, even certain herbal teas can aid. But.. we should start small, I don't want to scare you.

Oh! Do you like bunnies?”

She lifts the bunny and nuzzles its little bunny nose, then moves it into Cadence's range of vision, close enough for her to touch it if she wished.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 2:03 am

Smiling, Cadence nods. "I do like bunnies very much." She says as she reaches out to pet the small creature. "They're so very soft, fluffy, and cute."

"Tell me more about these methods you were speaking of."
Back to top Go down
SimilarlyDifferent

SimilarlyDifferent

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:05 am

Leire returns the nod, eventually placing the bunny back into her lap after Cadence has finished with it. She begins to tie off the other elf's hair, securing the braids.

“I am no priestess, but I trained under one for sometime before I traveled to this land. She would use various methods to assist those who asked. The first and most important thing, though, is that you must open your heart and your mind to receive her guidance.

For example, begin by saying a prayer each time before you drop into reverie. Ask that things be revealed to you, and for the wisdom to understand them. During the time of the Lunar Hallowing, your visions will also become more clear to you.

A very simple verse is the following, 'May your holy moonbeams guide me to a deeper understanding, and your starlight reveal the unknown.' Use it before reverie, and if you begin to burn incense, to use certain herbs or even other tools, this short blessing, recited before hand will help you remain focused.”

She ties off the last of the braids and admires her handiwork, holding Bernard up so that the bunny can also see Candence's hair.

“Isn't she beautiful?”
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 9:10 am

The little brown and white rabbit makes a purring-chattling noise of pleasure/agreement and twitches his whiskers again. When Leire sets him back on her lap he nozzles her affectionately and sits contently there.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 11:59 am

"Are there any particular types of incense or herbs I should use?" She asks. "Or would any I happen to like work?"
Back to top Go down
SimilarlyDifferent

SimilarlyDifferent

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:25 pm

Leire's eyes go wide.

“For herbs, yes! Oh goodness, be careful with those! Some of them will have you out here dancing naked in the field, and you'll scare Bernard, not to mention the butterflies! Start small with things like.. darkweed or deathmock. Easy enough to make a tea out of. Make sure you have plenty of time, though, because they will cause your reverie to last longer than usual. Also, you will slip in and out of dreams. Work your way from those two herbs, brew them weak to begin with.

Also, nothing stimulating, you will need things which will relax you. And no hallucinogenics, either! You can't see what is there if your mind is clouded by those sorts of things.”

She reaches for her pack, rummaging through until she finds a small satchel and hands it over.

“Remember... the first few times, brew it weak. Little more than water. Increase it by a small amount each time you use it. And make sure that someone knows to check up on you.

As far as the incense, use what you like, but I'd recommend something relaxing. The point is to rest and be in a relaxed and trance-like state so that your mind is open to receive.

And always, ALWAYS, pray before you start.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Question of Faith...   A Question of Faith... Empty

Back to top Go down

A Question of Faith...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next