Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A new Tael

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arhka

A new Tael Empty
PostSubject: A new Tael   A new Tael EmptyMon May 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Among the streets of Myth Drannor and the camp, a scarred, one-eyed air genasi patrols as a new Defender of Myth Drannor, the crest of House Miratar upon the grey cloak on her back. A cold iron scythe is slung across it, and she often shadows the senior Defenders, quizzically looking at them as she shadowed behind.

Sometimes, she can be found with in the halls of Myth Drannor's archives, hastily trying to pick up the Elven tongue.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

A new Tael Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Tael   A new Tael EmptyMon May 21, 2012 5:48 pm

*After know of the tael air-genasi searching the archives to learn the tongue, the sun elf Nadin visits her there, talking in common and smiling* ((should be an in-game interaction, but since this is not always so simple, we can present ourselves first via forum if you think ok))

- Suppose you are the warrioress Anju, I am Nadin Moonbolt, and by what I heard you are learning to speak elven. Other elves could teach you as well, but I can teach you, if you agree.
Back to top Go down
Arhka

A new Tael Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Tael   A new Tael EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Vall Moon wrote:
*After know of the tael air-genasi searching the archives to learn the tongue, the sun elf Nadin visits her there, talking in common and smiling* ((should be an in-game interaction, but since this is not always so simple, we can present ourselves first via forum if you think ok))

- Suppose you are the warrioress Anju, I am Nadin Moonbolt, and by what I heard you are learning to speak elven. Other elves could teach you as well, but I can teach you, if you agree.

Nadin finds Anju in a windowed, secluded corner of the library, the dawn outside given way to dusk and candlelight. The warrioress has her legs up on the table, her chair teetering on two legs as a elven tome sat on her lap. Her scythe is leaning against a bookshelf, its cold iron alloy eerily reflecting the single, flickering candle on her table. She's uncapped as well, her helm sitting in one of the shelves, the eyepatch that covers her scars the only adornment on her head.

As the elf approaches, he can see that the genasi had already written down numerous notes, leaves of paper stacked on the table and a blank one in her hand as she studied. A few other tomes are stacked neatly next to them as well. His sudden approach does startle her, his declaration causing her to lose balance on her chair.

Landing ungracefully on her back with a small yell, Anju has a throwing weapon in hand even while prone, but lowers it quickly as she saw who approached.

"Sorry, old habit." She says, picking herself up and dusting off her wyvern hide armor. Collecting the tome from the ground and righting her chair, she sets the book back on the table. Her scarred complexion turns to regard the elf as takes a swig from a bottle of spirits hidden behind one of the bookstacks.

"I thought the skill would come in handy. Could...use the help."
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

A new Tael Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Tael   A new Tael EmptySat May 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Arhka wrote:
Nadin finds Anju in a windowed, secluded corner of the library, the dawn outside given way to dusk and candlelight. The warrioress has her legs up on the table, her chair teetering on two legs as a elven tome sat on her lap. Her scythe is leaning against a bookshelf, its cold iron alloy eerily reflecting the single, flickering candle on her table. She's uncapped as well, her helm sitting in one of the shelves, the eyepatch that covers her scars the only adornment on her head.

As the elf approaches, he can see that the genasi had already written down numerous notes, leaves of paper stacked on the table and a blank one in her hand as she studied. A few other tomes are stacked neatly next to them as well. His sudden approach does startle her, his declaration causing her to lose balance on her chair.

Landing ungracefully on her back with a small yell, Anju has a throwing weapon in hand even while prone, but lowers it quickly as she saw who approached.

"Sorry, old habit." She says, picking herself up and dusting off her wyvern hide armor. Collecting the tome from the ground and righting her chair, she sets the book back on the table. Her scarred complexion turns to regard the elf as takes a swig from a bottle of spirits hidden behind one of the bookstacks.

"I thought the skill would come in handy. Could...use the help."

*The elf grins politely while aiding her to rise* - All fine, forgive me for frighten you, it wasn't intentional, anyway I would avoid put my legs over the table, the librarians don't apreciate much *grins*.
- Hmm... may I? *The elf not waiting at all for an answer checks some of her notes*
- Interesting, you're really doing hard to learn elvish. Well, our grammar isn't simple too, still you're making fair in the espruar, but I will need to see how are you reciting poems and singing melodies. Well, if you want to talk like elves, not a bad idea start training this way. You see... as example, do you already see a bard reciting a poem, and someone who never saw one reciting as well? Yes, emotion makes a great diference, as the way you express it when reciting, much similar to sing melodies, if you train this, or already domain a bit these aspects you will learn to speak in elvish better and possibly faster.
*The elf ponders a while and continues*
- Ah, another important remenber, try not get offended if other tel'quessir, as we call elves, criticize your spelling, elves talk the language for centuries, so our ears are very sensible to it, even if many cannot differ, the elves can, and similarly to old scholars some can be somehow not much polite in comments. Whenever you wish to train your elvish, come and talk with me, try to hear as well as much as you can when other defenders or friends talk openly, and try to follow the 'melody', it will helps you considerably. With some practice you will notice too that we have diferent dialects, don't worry about this, if you speak in one or in many at same time it will make few diference... as it does not in your language as well, I suppose. Well, if you have something to ask feel free, if not I will leave you for now so you can continue your studies, and we can meet later again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A new Tael Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Tael   A new Tael Empty

Back to top Go down

A new Tael
Page 1 of 1