Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tael Kanna Vargas training

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vargas

Vargas

Tael Kanna Vargas training Empty
PostSubject: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 8:39 am

Training in the barracks was not ideal for someone who used many talents in combat such as Vargas, afraid of causing injuries to her fellow soldiers she found a quiet, clear spot in Myth Drannor where to train without restrain.
Those passing by could see the elven soldier using a silver longsword for basic parry stances and using them to fulfill the somatic components of several spells, combining those techniques for a barrage of might and magic.
Those people that stay a while to watch and have some basic understanding of the elven ways would realize that she isn't just mixing random attacks and spells, but instead she is using quite old bladesinger stances that need a lot of polishing giving away just how inexperienced she really is.
Lastly, if one was to be extremely bored to watch in such detail her performance would realize, that not only is she trying to use blade techniques with magic stances but from time to time she feints her invisible enemy, trying to use her magic to cloak her movement but failling miserably at it.

Overall, Kanna seems to embody what a Jack of all trades is very well, for she can use whatever at her disposal to fight the enemy though she will need a lot of training until she can actually defeat it.
Back to top Go down
Flammenhand

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 9:23 am

A Half-Elf would approach her, walking directly towards her as soon as he spots the training in process.
"Quite the style! Might you be interested in having an opponent to practice with?"
His right hand pats the scabbard on the same side, with a rapier in it - he then bows slightly.
"Thal'aer Sorel. Waterdeep Nobility." Showing a friendly Smile, he waits for her response.
Back to top Go down
Vargas

Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 11:36 am

Kanna looks him up and down while maintaining an overhead parrying stance and stays like that for good ten seconds of internal thoughts to finally give an answer "Training alone only blinds you to your errors, or so they say, I wouldn't mind someone else joining me."
Back to top Go down
Flammenhand

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 12:23 pm

WIth a nod, he draws his blade. A cut through the air, a flourish of the blade, then he assumes a dueling stance.

"Don't be shy now! I can take a hit or two!"

Smiling, he waits for her to make the first strike.
Back to top Go down
Vargas

Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 12:44 pm

Kanna steps forward with a lunge directly to his center of mass but slow enough for him to react properly since she's trying very hard not to hurt him.
Back to top Go down
Flammenhand

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Most likely easily parrying, Thal'aer would raise a brow at her and take a step backwards.

"You seemed more vigorous when I was watching you. Fight properly, or the training is meaningless!"

"I can take it, don't worry. I'm.." He clears his throat, and shoots her a wry smile.
"I'm used to taking a beating. Again!"
Back to top Go down
Vargas

Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 3:49 pm

"These aren't training swords and magic cannot be dampered to not kill you in the process, I wouldn't want to be responsible for a noble's death in the first week of my new assigment" she said while she tried really hard to hit him with the pommel on the elbow.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 4:06 pm

A tall, pregnant wood elf finds herself observing the training from the distance, her arms wrapped beneath her one year old womb; her one visible golden eye curiously peeking from across the distance beneath her long brown hair.
Back to top Go down
Flammenhand

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Thal'aer, quite used to feints and distractions in combat, would try to parry her attack, still not striking back.

//Parry 25

Should he parry the blow, he'd sigh.
"Do not assume I am unfit for combat, just because I grew up in better standing. Now either fight me in a proper duel to first blood, or tell me why you are so afraid to visit a healer after!"

Should he not be able to parry, he'd curse, jump backwards, and rub his elbow.

"Ow! Hey!" In irritation, he'd rub his elbow. "Why do you treat me like a Child?! I am perfectly capable of fighting you!"
Back to top Go down
Vargas

Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 6:41 pm

Kanna hits his sword with a loud metallic "clang!" giving away just how irritated she is at his ranting, her hand makes a gesture arcane in nature but she stops herself in time, clenching her first and takes a deep breath.
"I came here to train on my own precisely because I can't stand training with the likes of you, now be gone child I have no need for your bravado or your thirst for violence" she says in a calm tone, although it isn't hard to figure out what she's thinking.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 7:35 pm

The elven female tilts her head, leaning her weight on a tree as she continues to observe from a distance.
Back to top Go down
Flammenhand

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 7:38 pm

Ah. I see.
He puts the rapier back in it's scabbard - no flourish, no exaggerated movements.
Yet another elf, feeling superiour because of her age. And I thought only the so-called "Sun-elves" carry their nose in the clouds."
He turns to walk off, but not without poking the angry elf with the proverbial stick.
"Don't hack yourself in the foot with that terrible technique."
Back to top Go down
Vargas

Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 7:44 pm

Kanna finally unleashes a wave of fire towards an empty spot that previously occupied the half-elf mumbling to herself "You're in the city to end the undead threat, so ignore them, they will be long dead before I get to feel old"
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 8:06 pm

The elven female watches for a long time before she pushes herself off the tree and walks over to Kanna, nodding her head as she eyes the place that was hit with a wave of fire, she clearly did not know what was said between those two, but signs spoke of not a very pleasant conversation. She wraps her left arm beneath her pregnant womb and nods politely, speaking in her native tongue that is elven. "Greetings Tel'Quessir, enjoying the workout?"
Back to top Go down
Vargas

Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 8:58 pm

Kanna turns around as if she was going to spit fire on the poor woman but she automatically looks at her womb and her expression softens considerably before answering back in elven "Trying to, how are you doing, kin?"
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 9:34 pm

The wood elf nods and smiles, the right side of her face was completely hidden behind that long brown hair that fell to the middle of her back, her one golden eye looking at her curiously. "I am well, I was passing by and I saw you were practicing with your companion that seems to have just left?" She asks with a tone that bears a certain level of uncertainty as to what their relationship exactly was.
Back to top Go down
Vargas

Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 8:14 am

Kanna seems to be slightly disgusted when she says "companion" and doesn't waste time to answer "He is not my companion, nobody is for that matter. You should know better after listening to what I said in the barracks but at least you aren't pestering me like that one was" she turns around and continues practicing stances.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 12:04 pm

"I meant no offense Kin" She answers in an apologetic tone as she looks about the area, caressing her womb briefly, her fingertips drumming along her leathers. "You are some sort of arcane fighter then?" She asks after a long pause of several minutes of silence.
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

Maskedshini

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 12:26 pm

If I am not mistaken, those are the stances used by the bladesingers, Seen them used a few times myself, Quite deadly when perfected.

A blue haired tall and strong elven warrior comes walking down the road towards the training spot, clad from top to toe in a Mithral full plate that's polished and well maintained, behind her head is seen the top of a large shield, in the same polished condition as the plate, along with the handle of 2 large swords. When she gets close enough she then nods to the wood elf.

Nilaa, good to see you in well condition, I trust that goes for the both of you.

The tall elf then looks to Kanna, looking her up and down, mostly examining her equipment.

I take it you're the new Tael then, how come you're not training with the rest of your kin at the barracks?
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Vargas

Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 1:13 pm

"It is indeed a bladesong stance, I have been studying the old books for years and I hope to get some training now that is needed. And yes, I am the new Tael but there is no point in training with the rest of people, if we add the ones that won't like me to the ones I won't like and then the ones who will feel akward around me there is nobody left that I can talk to, so I don't waste my time with them.
I think I will start wearing a patch with the Outcast's symbol on it, so we can skip introductions like this, but greetings anyways, kin."
she says continuing her motions "One day I will open my own Bladesinger lodge, for now, I just train"
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 1:18 pm

"Hello Mathor" She dedicates a nod of her head to both the greeting and explanation. She couldn't recognize bladesong from where she was earlier, then again her eyes were not the best compared to a proper elven scout. For now she steps back to allow the two some space and thanks the nearby tree for that she leans her weight against it, sliding down its bark into a sitting position, resting the weight she carries. Her golden eye continues to observe the two elves.
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

Maskedshini

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 6:29 am

The Warrior raises a brow when looking back to Vargas.

if we add the ones that won't like me to the ones I won't like and then the ones who will feel akward around me there is nobody left that I can talk to, so I don't waste my time with them.

She takes a little stop, and lets the repeated words hang in the air for a moment before continuing.

That seems a rather conflicting view to have. If you do not train with your fellow kin of the Akh'velahr, then how are you supposed to work with them in the case of an all out war, or simply patrolling for that matter? You are expected to work fully well and integrated with your fellow Akh'velahr, not as some sort of lone wolf which we dont know whether we can depend on or not.

I know fully well the Lone Wolfs Dogma, I find it strange that one of his would follow the path of a bladesinger, as they stand as the pinical of what it means to be a protector of their kin and the elven ways. a devoted of Fenmarel is a rather strange choice to start a bladesinger training, with such inherit distrust for his fellow kin. Not to mention his sole focus on survival, rather than protection.
Back to top Go down
Vargas

Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 7:33 am

"Good thing you know my dogma so well, asking you to leave won't be so awkward now" she would say still practicing her movements.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 7:37 am

My'manir only keeps observing the two from her sitting position, curiosity visible in her golden eye. It is clear the pregnant elf is not going anywhere anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

Maskedshini

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 8:09 am

Perhaps you wouldn't mind answering my question before I do then?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tael Kanna Vargas training   Tael Kanna Vargas training Empty

Back to top Go down

Tael Kanna Vargas training
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next