Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jakunen

Jakunen

A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr Empty
PostSubject: A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr   A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:45 pm

*After emptying his worn out and much-abused wooden inbox - and subsequently throwing it off the platform in Myth Drannor upon which the Akh'Velahr barracks sits - Ardylan returns to his office. He locks the door securely behind him and stays inside for quite awhile...

~

Inside, Ardylan begins to pack all of his personal belongings into crates which he had hauled up the night before. Extra arrows, healing kits, vials of various magics, armor-and-weapon polishing tools, books, pictures, quills, and ink all are placed in the crates. He also removes the alcohol and various other contraband he had stashed away, and yanks free the dagger he had shoved into the wall some days ago. Checking to make sure he left out two lengths of parchment and something to write with, he carries his two crates out of his office, setting them down next to the door.

After emptying out his desk drawers and cleaning off his shelves, he gathers up all his copies of old reports and other Akh'Velahr documentation. Bundling it all together and setting it in his box of Black Hound posters (marked "Evidence" along the side), he scoots the evidence box out into the hallway and sits it between Auryne and Karovir's offices, for either of them to deal with at a later time.

Returning to his office and his writing instrumentality, he sits down at his desk, his chair giving a familiar squeak under the weight of his armor. Thus, he begins to write three letters.

At least an hour or two later, after making a final sweep of his office to make sure he didn't forget anything, he exists the room and shuts the door behind him, locking it for the very last time. He slips one letter under Karovir's door and one under Auryne's. The letter to Karovir appears to be longer and is stuffed inside an envelope, sealed with a magical seal that only Karovir will be able to open. The note to Auryne, however, is short and not even folded over. Her letter reads as follows:*

Quote :
Keeper Auryne,

I hereby resign from my post as Nykerym of the Akh'Velahr.

Ardylan Baedden-Tyrn'athiem

*Ardylan approaches the bulletin board in the barracks, finds the nearest empty space, and attaches a notice to the board. The notice reads:*

Quote :
My Former Akh'Velahr Brothers and Sisters in Arms,

It is with a mix of great sorrow and relief that I inform you I am stepping down from my post as your Nykerym and leaving the Akh'Velahr.

I have come to the realization that this organization is not suited to my talents, nor I suited to its ways. I will not go into details as to what brought me to this point in my life or why I have decided to leave. Just know that I will find a purpose elsewhere.

Ardylan Baedden-Tyrn'athiem

*Stepping over to the nearby altar, Ardylan removes his uniform cloak from his bag and carefully folds it up. He moves slowly, staring down at what was once a beloved possession of his. That very cloak was once worn by his good friend Huron when he was a member of the Akh'Velahr, after which it was passed on to Ardylan. Now, it was going to be folded up, left behind, and forgotten about by the Akh'Velahr... just like himself.

Placing his barracks key on top of the folded cloak, he turned on his heel and left the barracks for the last time.*

((OOC Note #1: I'm posting this in the RP-MD section so that if anyone would like to respond, I can still read it even after my forum access to the Akh'Velahr section is removed.

OOC Note #2: Next time I'm online, I'll have a DM grab my cloak and key.

OOC Note #3: Thanks for the RP, my Akh'Velahr folks! I'm not leaving the server or killing off Ardylan - just moving on from this group for IC reasons.))
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr   A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Karovir reads the note and puts it back so the others can read it. "You had potential but time changed you greatly. I noticed you didn't really feel like a part of us anymore. Maybe that's the best for us all."
Then Karovir moves on hoping he can tell him this personally someday.
Back to top Go down
Jakunen

Jakunen

PostSubject: Re: A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr   A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:43 pm

*In the days following Ardylan's "retirement" (as he calls it), Ardylan can be seen spending an increased amount of time at the Royal Oak, enjoying good drinks, good food, and the good company of a few of his friends.

While at both the Royal Oak and during his trips back to Myth Drannor, a few people have approached him and inquired about his decision to leave the Akh'Velahr. Most seem to keep a respectful distance despite their apparent burning curiosity to have Ardylan reveal whatever personal or professional drama lead to his departure. Ardylan refuses to elaborate, simply stating that he felt as if his skills were better used elsewhere.

Only a few people get an insight into his reasons for leaving; namely his desire to spend more time with his family, and the realization that his skills are better put to use by the rebellion, rather than the Akh'Velahr.

The rare individual seems to express some disappointment in Ardylan for leaving the Akh'Velahr in a time of war. These people get nothing more than a stern glare and the comment that "there are people not in any uniform that are getting things accomplished." On that note, he refuses to say more.

Ardylan's mood seems to slowly be improving - or at least turning less hostile. He even makes a trip over to the Arivaela'ruar Encampment for a short visit with Kira, Mahalion, and some other newer inhabitants.*
Back to top Go down
Jakunen

Jakunen

PostSubject: Re: A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr   A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:53 pm

*Once Auryne has time to dig through the pile of papers Ardylan left in her possession, she'll find an unfiled report, dated a few days before Ardylan left the Akh'Velahr. While the report is now her's to distribute or keep confidential as she sees fit, it should be clear to her that Ardylan was very displeased with the Akh'Velahr during his last few days in office.*

((PM sent! Thanks Arcanum, Umbra, Auryne, Nadin, and Etienne. Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr   A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:20 am

*Following the days since Ardylan left Nadin seems more serious and less talkative, and he never expressed a word about the event. Whenever he sees Ardylan he politely nods but avoids say anything, in his politeness is easy to see he keeps his respect with the former nykerym.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr   A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr Empty

Back to top Go down

A Nykerym Leaves the Akh'Velahr
Page 1 of 1