Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)

Go down 
+16
Arjay
DM_Nocturne
BedlamX
Taeron
Hasbeengoing
Maskedshini
Tanya
Xeneize
LibraryMouse
tjhyland
Sareth675
Morganstern
Saiya
jalmynar
Zaroak
DM_Kraneia
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 am

*A tall woman in green carrying a crate of alchemy tools sits down and listens to who speaks*
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:08 am

*nods in agreement to what Mylanis says. Doesn't interrupt*
Back to top Go down
LibraryMouse

LibraryMouse

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:15 am

"Claims that I have heard that the Circle is a part of the rebellion did not, in fact, come from the Zhentarim, as I have had no contact with those people. They did, however, come from other adventurers whom I have met at the Royal Oak, in the fair city of Myth Drannor, and in my travels to the ranger camp on the Ridge. It is a shame that the Zhentarim do in fact take this view, as you claim that they do, but there must be a reason for it. We should work to correct this view, and protect one another and the forests as necessary.

As the speech is continued, she glances toward the people who had departed in anger, muttering words such as “coward” and the like, then she turns back to the person speaking. ”Although it can be difficult to remain neutral in an area so ravaged by war, it is imperative. There are plants and animals in Shadowdale and its forests that need protection as well. We cannot do that if we are all hunted as rebels. We cannot aid the farmers, if the Zhentarim would arrest us for our ties. Do not mistake me, I have no love for them, but I do agree with your words, aiding the war will only hurt the creatures of Shadowdale and its forests, leaving them with no one to protect them.”
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

Maskedshini

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:52 am

The reason the zhentarim hold a bad view over the circle in the first place, is because of Ka, the former archdruid of the circle, who left the title to me, since he did believe I could lead it into a more natural circle as it should be. And I tried my very best to remain natural, but the attacks continued, not only on Ka, but on all members of the circle, even after they were informed that we did not support Ka helping the rebels in their fight. And even after Ka's death, the attacks on us continued, we tried to do our best to keep away from them and protect nature, but when we tried to help, they'd rather see us killed than let us help in shadowdale.

When we're attacked, we're forced to defend ourselves, and we've already lost a lot of good people, but when Ka stepped down, we never directly aided any side of the war, we informed out members that they could Aid Ka if they wanted, but in doing so, in no way should their actions be claimed to be on behalf of the circle. We never wanted to take part in any side of the war, but still each side claims we fight for the other, when in fact we couldn't care less.

We have negotitated peace with the zhentarim several times, but so far the zhentarim have never in those matters stood by their words, the attack on our members continued, even members with no other affiliation than to the circle. And whenever we tried to make peace with the zhentarim, we would be called cowards by the people aiding Myth Drannor.
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
DM_Kraneia

DM_Kraneia

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:40 am

Cejari sits quietly, taking everything in and digesting it before responding. "I understand the ire of those who do not understand. It is difficult to comprehend the idea is true neutrality. There will come a time we will have to choose a side, but only to ensure proper balance. One day, we will need to fight along side the Elves, just as the next, we may need to fight on the side of the Zhentarim. It matters not who wins, it simply matters the balance is maintained. We are not here to solve every problem that faces the land. We have a role as caretakers, just as the follower of Kelemvor I recently met has the role of putting the undead to rest."

She smiles at Chalyx and then looks around at those gathered. "The Lyons have done an exceptional job with keeping the Circle alive and I hold this family in the highest regard. It is unfortunate there is so much animosity towards them which has prevented them from maintaining a true neutral environment. I do not fault them, I admire their efforts." She looks to Maya as she speaks and nods. "I understand your concern. Your talents may exclude you from being an official member of the Circle, but you will not be cast aside. Any who wish to work with us is welcome, as a friend of the Grove." Cejari scratches Rufus behind his ears affectionately. "And this is my official stance on the Lyon family."

"The truth is, we will all need to develop thick skins because both sides in this conflict will brand us as cowards, or even traitors. Their war does not concern us beyond cleaning the mess left behind. Most will not understand, and most will fault us, but we must persevere and walk our path. The fate of the region depends on it."
Back to top Go down
Taeron

Taeron

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:50 am

*A towering barbarian chuckles at the conversation, resting against a tree. His heavy armor clanks as he moves closer.*

Well, well, well. The new pups decided to bark.
I love it how those who spent less than a month in these lands have all the answers and all the information. Very cute.

If I may intrude on your conversation, I'd like to point out that you lads and ladies tend to skillfuly counter your own claims. Not to mention that to anyone who spent at least a year in the Dales, you sound very, very naive.

You say you wish to be neutral and to mend the wounds once the battle is done. And at the same time, you desire power and control over the circle. So which is it?
Cause you can fade into shadows, never be heard from untill the fighting is done and the time to mend the wounds has come. Yet you step forward now.
You sit here in Fox ridge, by the fire, while the blight spreads around the very woods around you. Very druidic. Shows how much you care indeed.

No true druid I've ever met desired power and control. Not even the blighters. But then again, perhaps I've met the wrong druids. Those I know only sought to aid balance.

And if you claim that the Zhents are a part of the cycle, why isn't the current Circle a part as well? Why don't you just step back and watch. All you've said so far suggests that you intend to do so once you take over the circle. Perhaps you'd only intervene if something "worth your attention" happened.

If you cared to walk around at least a bit, you'd see the vast plains around the city of Shadowdale. A majestic forest used to be there, perhaps a year ago. It's gone. You might want to tap into your special sources to find out what happened.

The forests of Rimwood were diseased, plagued and torn down by shadows. By the very Shadovar. Yet today, there are both trees and animals. Your sources might also tell you who planted the trees and helped cleanse the land from shadow taint.

The blight of the drow rabid poison was also cured, and not by any of you. Though the Lyons did play their part there.

When the waves of the undead came, guess who was on the front line in Midwood and Starwood.

When the blighters came, or the Lord of the Filth. Lyons were there to fight him. While you... What were you doing? Chatting around fires? Very druidic.

When the Circle fell apart, the Lyons managed to put it together. And now you come in, knowing nothing about the land and it's past, yet you claim you can do it better. Well, to that I can only say - you don't display neither the patience, nor the wisdom of a true druid. And as such I question whether you really are a druid. My guess is that you're not.

You have no right to challenge any of the Lyons in a vote. There's nothing natural about voting. I've never seen an animal pack vote their leader. But then again, perhaps I was watching the wrong animals.

You all sit around the fire, patting each other's back, spreading what sounds to me like propaganda. You claim to be neutral, yet your idea of neutrality is cowardice, stupidity and imbalance.

Balance is not about being passive. Druids strive for balance. That means they actively seek it. So far I've only seen you strive for power and control over the Circle. If your desire is to heal the land, form your own coven and do what you wish to do. I see no reason for you to "take over the Circle".

Not acting against the threat the Zhents pose to the wilderness and the woods is favoring one side. And unless the opposing forces are winning greatly, then it's not "striving for balance".
And if you claim that the Zhents pose no threat to the wilds, then you're either stupid, naive or just very blind. If you can make the claim after a month or two, then you're also foolish.
Not to mention that you judge the Circle through some "sources" rather than investigating yourself. Very wise indeed.

If "druids" like you take control of the lands, then I fear for what is to come.
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:27 pm

*The woman flicks her bell*

"I belive if the elves ever started to comit unnatural acts, the Circle would stop them too, but the fact is... It is the Zhentarim that allies with the Shadowvar, who poison our land, the furies, that kill for pleasure, and summon the undead. I must disagree with your view on what to ignore and what not to ignore. If it is unatural, does it matter how many undead are summoned, or how many devils roam the land?"

*stays in a quiet and respectfull manner*
Back to top Go down
BedlamX

BedlamX

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:37 pm

*The tall, warrior of wood is not found in this meeting. He refuses to leave the forests undefended even for such an important meeting as political squabbling and name calling are not his concerns.*
Back to top Go down
DM_Kraneia

DM_Kraneia

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:52 pm

((I want to remind you all that the Circle has become a server faction and every faction is lead by an NPC. Cejari is this NPC leader. The purpose of this is to ensure it is lore accurate and viable. As such, everything Cejari is doing falls within lore, including this vote, or moot.))
Back to top Go down
Taeron

Taeron

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 1:02 pm

((So there's now new custom lore on how the Druids should behave, what does it mean to be neutral and what is Balance? Is it posted somewhere on the forums so that we can check it out?

My previous post was based on the lore from the Player's Handbook, Masters of the Wild, Complete Divine, Forgotten realms - player's guide and Faiths and Pantheons (FR version) - but I'll gladly alter it if there are new custom rules and lore in effect))
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 1:14 pm

ADM_Kraneia wrote:
((I want to remind you all that the Circle has become a server faction and every faction is lead by an NPC. Cejari is this NPC leader. The purpose of this is to ensure it is lore accurate and viable. As such, everything Cejari is doing falls within lore, including this vote, or moot.))

\\Im not sure what your inferring, does that mean it doesnt matter which way we vote on this or something else?
Back to top Go down
Taeron

Taeron

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 1:15 pm

((Fair point. If she's the new leader, why is there even a vote...?))
Back to top Go down
DM_Nocturne

DM_Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 1:38 pm

((There is no custom lore being introduced. Druid Moots are completely lore accurate, and are described in detail in the Complete Druid Handbook. Furthermore, the bulk of this relevant information is posted and stickied in the 'Circle of Nature' forum, which most involved in this thread have access to. The information is available, and has been for some time.

One can be a friend to nature, and not part of the Circle. One can fight for what they believe is best for the natural order, and not be part of the Circle. One can create other player groups to care for the land, promoting a Neutral Good agenda and allying with other groups, without being part of the Circle. However, Druidic Circles are an integral part of lore, are True Neutral in their philosophy, take a long view of events, and do not oppose Evil just because its Evil. They will kill if killing is needed, they will burn settlements and and overrun cities if it is needed, and they will heal if healing is needed. They are not opposed to Evil, or death, or disease, or suffering in principle; they merely seek to ensure a Balance, and keep the world vital and dynamic. Cejari is attempting to accomplish just that, and while she may be opposed ICly for any number of reasons by any number of PCs, her behavior is completely lore accurate, and in-line with canon expectations of a Druidic leader.))
Back to top Go down
DM_Kraneia

DM_Kraneia

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 1:49 pm

((The reason for the moot is because, ic'ly, Leo would not hand the Circle over to a stranger without a general concensus. We came to this through roleplay on the Circle forums. In the interest visibility, I will make the guidelines and lore available for the entire server population.))
Back to top Go down
Taeron

Taeron

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:00 pm

((( So if the general consensus says they don't want the gnome, what happens then? )))
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:05 pm

//Can we please not turn yet another In-character topic into pages of OOC? I am sure out-of-character concerns can be directed elsewhere, perhaps in another thread? The IC reading is interesting, let us not spoil it please.
~ Request from a fellow player.
Back to top Go down
DM_Kraneia

DM_Kraneia

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:08 pm

((and agreed with by a DM. Back to IC. Taeron, I'll be sending you a PM.))
Back to top Go down
Tanya

Tanya

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:11 pm

Maya nods to Great Druid: "I am glad that you were able to recognize our efforts without allowing words of town's citizens and other false rumors to shape your mind. I admit that I myself do not care for balance, wilds can be unpredictable and weather can change just in few minutes, that is part of nature as well. I will of course continue to work for nature even if there is no place for me in new circle as official sister, I will remain sister of the grove, Mushrooms will guide me, and so will Unicorns." Maya's attention focuses on Taeron as he speaks about main events that would make these lands die without intervention of Lyons, which would make no place for druids to return. But she looks little surprised on way how he expressed something she had no idea he was feeling that strong for. She gives him smile and his words really start to make her wonder: "Why are druids in need to destroy current circle to be able to form druidic order? Why the voters have smell of town upon them? Why they have nothing to backup their false statements? And why they lie?" The questions in Maya's head start to line up in Maya's head, and she still looks unsure for who she will vote. She has her personal reasons to separate her brother Leo from circle, but if this is the price to pay for it, then she will have to consider again for who will she vote. While she is satisfied with the gnome explanation, those who follow her is why she is concerned so much.
Back to top Go down
Arjay

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:57 pm

The quiet druid of Eldath shifts uncomfortably at all of the outsiders who appear to feel the need to seek out the druids for the purpose of bullying them in to submission to their personal causes. After the loud barbarian comes and bellows how they have no right to decide their path, he simply gets up from the camp and heads back to the grove.
Back to top Go down
DM_Kraneia

DM_Kraneia

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:17 pm

"We do not have the skills to fight undead, only the skills to heal the damage they cause. As such, it is not our purpose to remove them from whatever area they are summoned within. This is not our war and we will not fight it. Further, preparations are being made to perform a ritual to cleanse the blight. The one who caused it has been chased off so a time of healing is soon to begin."

Cejari turns to Maya with a warm grin, then holds her bunny up to her. "Could you take Rufus to some clean grass to eat please? And I would have to be blind not to see your work, dear. And you will be welcomed as friend for as long as you seek to preserve the land." Should Maya take Rufus, the bunny will tickle Maya's cheek with his whiskers as he sniffs her face.

Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:21 pm

*Flicks her bell again"

"Would not preventative measures be better for the land then reactionary measures? And undead are unnatural. Isnt that what the druids are supposed to take care of? Unatural things?"

*Frowns slightly, but still keeps the respectfull tone*
Back to top Go down
KnowingMeKnowingYou

KnowingMeKnowingYou

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:22 pm

on the fringe of the Ranger camp a smal, shy, hooded gnome can be seen following the discussion. She wouldnt talk to anyone just listen. If someone would aproach her she would just move away muttering to herself. Sometimes a few curses could be heard coming from her direction when the discussion gets more heated.

---------

A Moonelf adorned in ritual garments depicting totemic images of plants and animals, carved wooden totems dangling from her robes, would listen to the discussion and then adress Cejari

"Honored miss Cejari, i am Alaniel Nightstar, Totem Sister of Angharradh, the union of the three. I have been following this discussion for some time. I have not been a member of the previous Circle before for good reasons. Nonetheless i have followed the call for this moot and appreciate the discussion to understand some things about the past and the future circle."

She would look around at the gathered people locked in their discussions

I see here gathered, many different people following many different deities. The only thing we have in common is that our gods are connected to nature.
I would like to know what deities this circle wishes to represent, because clearly not all nature deities share the same outlook and dogma. I am following the Seldarine deities and they are not neutral in any of their views. I am confident neither are all the human nature deities.
will you try to find the smallest common theme and therefore be damned into inactivity? Or will you promote one powers outlook and be able to act on its behalf?
I cannot support a circle who will work against the Tel´Quessir of course, as my deity has sworn herself to the defense of my kin.
I disagree with you that the war doesnt concern the nature powers. Some of them take a great interest in the war. The union of the three wich i am serving, does."

she would then sit down and wait patiently for a answer.
Back to top Go down
Tanya

Tanya

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm

Maya takes the bunny to hold it but she remains here and offers it food she already has with her and remains with group: "I will be more than happy to feed this sweetie, but I will do so with bunny food I already have instead to risk its life by allowing it to eat grass upon the blight grounds."
Back to top Go down
DM_Kraneia

DM_Kraneia

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:06 pm

She gives a tiny little laugh at Maya. "I didn't know you carried around bunny food. Rufus will love you forever!" She then turns to Alaniel and listens to her words. "Any who follow the nature deities of the Seldarine are welcome, of course. I cannot promise to never take up arms against any organization who grossly disrupts the balance of the region, but it would take something mind numbingly massive to get to that point. If I stated the nature deities took no interest in war, then I misspoke, but I do not remember saying this. It is the Circle who does not fight this war. If you wish to be a part of the Circle, you will be welcomed. However, should you decide you wish to fight in the war, I will respectfully request you do so in your own name and leave the Circle out of it."
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:10 pm

*Iwean discretely departs after dropping in his vote. He will try to get eye contact with Cejari as if asking permission to depart.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next