Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)

Go down 
+16
Arjay
DM_Nocturne
BedlamX
Taeron
Hasbeengoing
Maskedshini
Tanya
Xeneize
LibraryMouse
tjhyland
Sareth675
Morganstern
Saiya
jalmynar
Zaroak
DM_Kraneia
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DM_Kraneia

DM_Kraneia

A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:19 pm

Cejari gives him a smile and a nod before speaking to him quietly. "You don't need my permission, dear, you're free as the wind."
Back to top Go down
Psy Knight

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:25 pm

A Raven on a near by tree who had been watching, listening and waiting would finally fly down into the crowd and flap its wings before Glowing with primal magic and shifting and growing until a Tall, Hooded Human woman stood in its place, she was dressed in ironwood armor and slowly took in a long deep breath before slowly looking around.

"Some of yee might know of me, some of yee might not, I was attempting ta make a truer Druid Circle, such as a Circle as been since ta old ways be passed down from the Old ones to ta first Mortals who wonder inta the Forests.

Some of Yee know that in my mind, I care not for politics, I care not for the acts of man on man, for that is man playin on his nature, what I ow ever can not, and WILL NOT abid is men that defile our lands with undead, diease, demons an devils.

Some of yee will no that me views on the furrys are somewhat odd if heretical to some, dat the furrys should be apart of da circle, as winter and storms are apart oh Natures great circle.

Some of yee I call friends, some of yee I call me elders, and some of yee I call medling fools...

But one thing dat I can say, which to each an every one here will know it be true in dere heart, we is all servents, sons, daughters, defenders an caretakers of this land, and it is about bloody time we ad some sound traditional Leadership who instead of focusing on what is good and what is evil, focuses on the World around instead, because good an evil aside, tis not our place to get involed unless it threatens ta natual order oh things.. like ta Lyons av recently done with their moving oh ta animals and inviting famine into da land, an ta druidic brothers an sisters ol old who stand ere now, some of yee answered me call, and some of yee must never ad heard it, but in eithercase tis time we all unite, one familiy, one pack, one circle, and drive the agents of decay, rot, death, undeath and demons an devils off this land, and off our realms!

If ta lil one can lead us, I say we follow, an if she fail, then a new leader will take her place, just like nature demands...

That is me vote."
Back to top Go down
Taeron

Taeron

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Yeah. Sure. Free as a bird. That's why you hand pick what you answer and what not. To me, that is far more of an answer than you could provide with a thousand words.

*the barbarian then locks his helmet*

I believe the roads and the woods need to be kept safe. Far more than ever before - with "druids" like you around.

As for you, old man. *turns to the raven* If you believe the blight wouldn't come if the Lyons didn't take away the animals... *the barbarian just shakes head and chuckles, before heading on into the wilds*

*those who have a keen sense of hearing might hear him mutter:*

A bunch of whiny kids ganging up on the smart one. Just because he's actually accomplished something. Very "natural". Balance my ass.
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:22 pm

*Sariah flcks her bell once more, then stands, her annoyance showing now. Speaks to the whole group*

"Leo does a fine job and is proven, and this druid only tosses around names of people who sent her. I think its terrible to throw out what is already working because it doesnt fit a template of what a "Circle" should be. And I find her character questionable if she decides to trivaly decide that some unnatural things arent worth her time, so she will ignore it. I find this whole thing a charade that is wasting our time, but if you want a vote for me, you may put it to Leo."

*She goes to Taeron and asks to join him on his patrol, and follows him wether he wants her to or not*
Back to top Go down
Slartibartfaß

Slartibartfaß

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:49 pm

A small elven female can be seen between the trees that surround the camp, accompanied by a large white cat.
The female wears an odd armour made of leaves is covering her body and she's standing perfectly still there, just tilting her head a bit, as if to listen in better.
Her hands hold a black bow and a black-feathered arrow (which is not knocked).

Back to top Go down
Belial

Belial

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Having been there the entire time, though due to her nature, had gone nearly unnoticed, Eiko listened to everything said, carefully, and decided to cast her vote. She scribbles down on a piece of parchment and places it next to Cejari. Not waiting for her to read it, she runs off, trying hard not to draw any attention. The note reads, in chicken scratch;

"My vote is cast for the tiny gnome druid. But my reasons are selfish. I believe the giant man known as Taeron, and his words to be true. I know from my siblings all they have done for this land with the good of their hearts and no care for glory or power. I know in my heart that Leo would hand the Circle over in an instant if he thought it was truly for good. But I recognize that is not what the circle is about. It's not about good and evil, I get this. But I don't care. I cast my vote for you because I love my brother, and I want him back. The Lyon's don't need the circle to do what they've always done. Good.
Back to top Go down
Arjay

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:21 pm

With the commotion gone, Cole returns to the camp, making tea over the fire. "Such... aggressive people," he mused. "Trying to cause this much trouble over other people deciding who they will follow."
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Sahiba stands and holds her hands out, as if trying to calm the tempers starting to flare.

"It is clear some of you do not understand what it is we do, and that is fine." She says softly. "It is not for all to understand, nor do all need to understand, but for those who wish to try then one must be willing to empty their glass enough for another to fill it with their words."

"I hear what you say, and I am sorry that such things have happened, but be assure that had word reached those of us who have traveled to these troubled lands to lend our aid sooner, we would have been here sooner. We can not change what has already been done."

"I must say, I am confused, when I hear talk of another being named Arch Druid yet she is not the one who leads, but I believe there is more to that than I know and so I will speak no more upon it."

"If you believe that the one known as Leo is the rightful leader of the Circle, then by our ways, cast your vote for him to continue as he has been. That is the purpose of this assembly. We are not here to cast stones or throw angry words, merely to discuss and decide, a choice each of us must make in our own hearts."

"No one is telling you who to vote for, merely the Great Druid has come to give her reasons why she feels she should lead and offer a chance for Leo to do the same. This has become far more than it needs to be, and much anger has been needlessly brought out. The Great Druid has spoken, and it would seem that Leo has chosen not to speak. Now it is time for us to cast our votes so that the new Great Druid of this circle may be named and we might move forward with work that can not wait."

"Tree Brother is out there now, alone, working to tend to these lands as we all should be. Thank you, everyone, for sharing your thoughts, words, and feelings. Even those of you who do not understand our ways or have no vote in this matter. I shall go to cast my vote, then join our brother in the woods to heal the lands."

She bows and heads to the Sacred Grove where the voting baskets rest to cast her vote in secret.

(//PM sent)
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

Maskedshini

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:21 pm

I was the former Arch Druid of the circle, but I had to resign to tend to more important duties in my life. So it was handed to another, who I then had to retake the position from, in order to restore the balance he'd managed to shatter, shortly after that, the position was given to another, who sadly shortly after that, seems to have walked away from her duties, and since then, I was unable to resume the position, and Leo and Sariah did their best to keep things in line.

She turns her head to Pandora

And as for you, I wonder what kind of a druid would leave innocent animals to suffer from a coming blight, if there was an option to move them elsewhere, while things calmed down. We moved the animals that wanted to follow, away from fox ridge, there's still plenty of animals around these parts, if not fox ridge then the forests, so your accusations of inviting famine onto the land is pure and utter lies. I wanted the animals to be spared of the suffering they're now under, and I was forbidden to do that, so now it seems you agree that it's good these animals suffer, I fail to see how a druid, who claims to follow the ways of old, can justify that.

Where were you while others have been busy healing these lands? I have seen nothing of you, and trust me, I've watched this place thoroughly these past days.
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Psy Knight

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:15 pm

Pandora would slowly look to and bites her bottom lip for a moment to fight back a growl, she did not agree with what was said, but the other was still her elder and that commanded respect. Once she had regained her composure she would simply say.

"
I spoke of when the animals where moved because of the idea the Zhents would kill them, all attention was on that situation, which allowed a Blighter ta sneek in no? Apolgies for the words an tone they were said in for giving you a wrong impression Elder, Iv been in the form of the Boar and Bear to much recently."

she would say with a snort and nod before craning her neck.

"But with respect, perhaps the blighter could have be detected and delt with if all attention was not focused on what happened, but as a wise man once said, focusing on the past blinds to the future, each of us have wisdom, knowledge devotion and their own specializtions.

Ant ne point dwelling in ta past when the lesson as already been learned, time for one ta take Leadership an then for us all ta do their part no?"

Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:32 pm

The small hin that had so far been simply listening from a nearby tree, peeks down at the gathering and speaks softly.
"Uhm, why can the new archdruid not be the gnome and the one named Leo remain some form of advisor? so far I would think that with unity, these two would achieve much more then if one of them parts, besides Leo has seen, endured and done a lot, a fresh mind might be needed, uhm, but if one forgets the past, mistakes may happen again. I say the tallshanks Leo stays at the gnome's side; she needs his experience, There needs not be anyone departing"
She then quiets and lets her feet idly swing from side to side as she sits on the high branch of the tree.
Back to top Go down
Psy Knight

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:00 pm

Looks down to the Hin and nods in agreement before falling silent and just listening, she had said what she felt needed to be said and now had nothing importent to say and so would just fade into the background and just listen and observing.
Back to top Go down
DM_Kraneia

DM_Kraneia

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:07 pm

The tiny druid glances around, listening to everyone in turn, then simply watches as Taeron and Sariah depart. She is quiet for a long while as everyone talks around her before finally speaking again. "I have mentioned, over and over, reiterated and repeated that I have no desire to see anyone turned out of the Circle. I have offered Leo an advisory role already. Those who do not possess the needed skills to be a full member of the Circle has been offered positions of friendship and free passage into the Grove. I have done nothing but give praise and respect for Leo Lyon, and his entire family. Please, do not put words into my mouth I have never spoken."
Back to top Go down
Slartibartfaß

Slartibartfaß

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:09 am

The elven female listens to the heated discussion, still glancing over the gathering and still not attempting to come closer at all.
The giant cat at her side growls very lowly now and then though, showing a clear sign of both caution and suspicion.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:44 am

Saiya wrote:

"Tree Brother is out there now, alone, working to tend to these lands as we all should be. Thank you, everyone, for sharing your thoughts, words, and feelings. Even those of you who do not understand our ways or have no vote in this matter. I shall go to cast my vote, then join our brother in the woods to heal the lands."
(//PM sent)

(((Iwean is out there also))
Back to top Go down
Tanya

Tanya

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 am

When Maya finishes feeding bunny she returns it back to Great Druid: "It was good to meet you and your animal companion. You are both cute. Now I will return to grove and cast my vote. May the Mushrooms Protect you." Maya leaves the group and goes to grove. After she votes she shares what she learned with Leo.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:57 pm

tjhyland wrote:
Saiya wrote:

(//PM sent)

(((Iwean is out there also))

(( Iwean left quietly, so Sahiba had no idea where he was going or what he was doing. She only knew Talkin was where he was, doing what he was because she had been with him during the Imbalance thread. ))
Back to top Go down
Slartibartfaß

Slartibartfaß

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Sheyvya watches several of the people retreating, she still hasn't moved much.
After glancing over to the camp for some more, she finally turns to leave as the sun sets.

She doesn't head towards the camp to cast her vote but instead retreats to the Cormanthor Forest to begin her nightly watch.
Back to top Go down
DM_Kraneia

DM_Kraneia

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:57 pm

((last call for votes, I'll post response in 24 hours.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Tanya wrote:
When Maya finishes feeding bunny she returns it back to Great Druid: "It was good to meet you and your animal companion. You are both cute. Now I will return to grove and cast my vote. May the Mushrooms Protect you." Maya leaves the group and goes to grove. After she votes she shares what she learned with Leo.

Leo listens what he was told in the grove and thinks. "Well let's hope if those persuaded nature walkers by civilization are able to see what miss Cejari can by connecting to the land instead of listening rumors of cities and towns. It is a shame how low druids have fallen, and without us they would not have to what to return. Not single voter came to speak to me here in the grove, and I was available, just did not want to go in public to Fox Ridge where everyone can hear secrets of the circle. It seems that they were able to to chose one side without bothering to meet other, does not sound neutral to me, but I am no druid, what do I know, right? I just hope that those who vote for Cejari did so because they really care for nature, not for personal wishes to get rid of us Lyons who have been replacing their duties on the land for years. If Cejari can open their blind eyes, then there is hope for this circle yet, at least I can put my hope and faith in the Great Druid now, that I was not able to fully recognize at our first meeting. When I see her next time, I will apologize for my words."

When meeting Cejari next time before the vote announcement:

Leo approaches to the Great Druid and bows: "My hospitality was not worthy of your title miss Cejari, I honestly apologize if I in any way was hostile or rude towards your arrival on these lands. Who ever wins, I hope that we can leave this behind in past where it belongs."
Back to top Go down
DM_Kraneia

DM_Kraneia

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Cejari smiles warmly at Leo and takes his hand in hers. "Leo, you reacted as anyone would in your position. I came in as a stranger, stating my position and my intentions, and you has no reason to believe I am who I said I was. It it my hope this has since changed. I bear you no ill will and hold firm to my statements of respect and gratitude for all you have done. It will be as you ask; what has happened in the past will remain where it belongs."

She then goes to the Grove to tally the votes. The vote ends up with seven votes for Leo Lyon and ten votes for Cejari. Cejari sighs softly and looks around the Grove, taking it all in. "And now we have work to do."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)   A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Druid Moot (A notice at the Ranger Camp)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3