Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The end of the Royal Oak Inn..

Go down 
+21
SiaSacham
tjhyland
Shindoku90
krampsburglar
Zaroak
KSC
Navarre_Sallavarian
BedlamX
StaurosMallack
White Rose
Grendel03
AsuraKing
KnowingMeKnowingYou
Vall Moon
Falling Leaf
ObsidianRaven
comodohead
jalmynar
Belial
DM_Kraneia
ADM Iribaar
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ADM Iribaar

ADM Iribaar

The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. Empty
PostSubject: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 2:37 am

*At nighfall a group of zhentarim marched toward Rimwood..first they collpased the cave that leads toward the Ironhouse Hall... whoever was inside is now traped..the mountain above the hall collpased partly and the lava from the pool above is now slowly running down sealing the entrance of the cave fully..the heat of the lave burned once more the trees growing nearby...the zhentarim stood there but only for a moment then they marched back to the Royal Oak Inn..knowing the Ironhouse wont be able to help they showed no mercy with those inside..they combined divine and hellish forces, killed those who tried to escape or to fight..and eventually destroyed the Royal Oak Inn and everything what lays beneath..the destruction was so complete that the inn is beyond reparation now*

Those who walk in the area will see for the next 5 days a oily substance aound the place where the Royal Oak once was...when entering it only those skilled in tumble will remain standing..everyone will slip out.

/// Yes the Royal Oak is gone forever.. the area will be updated soon to show the ongoing RP..so please don't enter the inn or spawn there if it was your last safed location...

The ironhouse halls are not accessable either atm so please don't spawn there, Staff will lock the entrance till the the area update goes in

For any further questions feel free to contact me Smile

The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. Nwn2_s13

The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. Nwn2_s14

Last edited by DM Iribaar on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DM_Kraneia

DM_Kraneia

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 2:48 am

The Great Druid walks through Rimwood after feeling the land convulse with unnatural power. Upon seeing what remains of the Oak, she gasps and looks at the oily mess and the burned trees and grasses around it. She takes a shuddering breath, then continues to inspect the damage, walking around to see the blocked cave leading to the Ironhouse Halls. Her jaw clenches and her lips purse as she quietly vows to lead the Circle into helping open the caves again and to heal the land where the Royal Oak once stood.
Back to top Go down
Belial

Belial

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:05 am

Eiko happens upon the oily remains of the oak and looks on sadly, wondering how many lives were lost before wandering off in silence.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:57 am

When the Boat man returns to MD telling of the attack on the Halls Vatore rushes with all hast to Rimwood. He cares nothing for the Inn and focuses on freeing his kin. Assessing the situation he recalls the plans made in the past he goes to the "watch bunker" and calls to the guards there. He knows that if the clan did not come out to fight the force to oppose them must have been great indeed. He then tries to coordinate with those below on helping them out.

Back to top Go down
comodohead

comodohead

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 4:17 am

Azzelas stands on the hills south of the oak, leaning on his dark blade as the inn was destroyed. After only liquid is left of the home of the old resistence he leaves. His expression paints nothing but joy on his cold face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 4:18 am

When Leo arrives to Rimwoods, he observes the damage made by the disaster. He never liked the inn as in his experience it was housing many monster races, but he searches for any survivor that it can be there, and if would find any non monster, he would offer healing. The sight upon the entrance to Ironhouse hill being blocked with rocks and lava especially made Leo worried, knowing that there are people inside who could die from the heat and loss of air. He was sad that some trees were burned, but other lives were his first priority to save. With immunity to heat, Leo takes a form of giant construct, and begins to create passage for any trapped survivors within the Ironhouse grounds by removing the collapsed rocks and creating a trough for lava to return to its source.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianRaven

ObsidianRaven

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 4:26 am

Oddly enough.. and perhaps damn near suicidally for those that knew him, a tall "Elf dressed in exotic clothes with a red hooded mask would rush onto the scean, a bat seeming to lead him, he did not seem to care who was there, his purple eyes locked on the collapsed entrance.

"Bel? Bel!? BEL!"

Lifting his staff high into the air and out stretching his other hand in the direction of the mine he would unleash powerful magics in a desperate paniced frenzy to clear the entrance.

First on lookers would be able to see him bring into be Five giant hands made out of shimmering force which he would use to clear the biggest bolders out of the way.

next he would unleash a dark gate, a collection of purple tentacals ripping free, under his command the tenacals would begin to borrow into the debee and rock, throwing it out of the way, he would cast this spell a total of nine time.

After that he would summon forth Dire Wolf after die wolf and order them to do one thing. "DIG!"

if anyone that knew how to mine gave him instructions on how to best use his magic to clear the way, the mystirous "Elf" would nod and listened to their expertise. finally once all of his magic was depleated, which would be alot.. he would take up a pick axe and take to the stone muttering over again "Im coming Bel, Im comming"
Back to top Go down
Belial

Belial

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 4:36 am

Watching her brother as well as the frantic elf trying desperately trying to dig, she pulls out an old mining pick and starts swinging at the larger rocks, trying to break them down. She casts an enlarge person spell on herself and any who asked for it, then goes back to swinging the pick.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 4:55 am

Valtore stops those working at the ruined entrance. "The Lava alone will make it to dangerous for people to work of leave. The Halls are made of good Dwarven craftsmanship. They be safe, the mines are not. Those trapped below have water and food that will last fur months. Air is also not a problem. If any of ye get hurt it will only make matters worse. We need ta figure out where to make the new entrance and ta work with them below. We'll need guards if them cowardly Zhents return. They knew they couldn't of faced the Clan on a honorable battle so resorted ta trickery. Now we have ta be carful of more of tha same. Or the Drow ta attack again like when we built the docks. I can get messages ta those below, but they canna get out. If we work together with a plan we will have them freed soon!"

Back to top Go down
ADM Iribaar

ADM Iribaar

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 5:06 am

Valtore i send you a PM Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 5:12 am

The construct stops to work, and holding a big rock, he listens to what the dwarf has to say. He then throws the rock away and takes form of Lyon again and offers his opinion. "I can access those bellow as long they can reach magic free zone, and bring them here within a day, through the gate to Celestia, and from Celestia back here. But unfortunatly no fiend blooded people that Ironhouse may still be housing, like miss L, will be able to receive this help from me or be welcomed to Celestia. I did not know that zhentarim were behind this, but it does not surprise me they were once again destroying nature for killing a life instead to use its resources to build homes for living, they invest all the taxes they take from farmers into this, the poor life of their victims in Shadowdale explains the badgers on their streets. Rimwood was already damaged before, it took us very long time to restore it as magic does not work on its ground to heal and restore flora, they had to be replanted with new life. But if plant life dies here, your people can die from loss of air, I do not believe that they have two months for that. What can I do to help Master Dwarf?"
Back to top Go down
ADM Iribaar

ADM Iribaar

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 5:15 am

Those who looked through the remains would find a lot of dead bodies including at least 3 Ironhouse dwarfs.
As Leo attemps to help those who might be traped inside he will quickly learn that the whole cave inside is more or less collpased and lava gets in his way.. by the look of it no single person is able to set the traped persons free.. the help of all allies is needed here.
The mountain is rather instable its a surprise it has not collpased fully yet..just digging though it might make the situation worse.

// on a side note : your enthusiasm here is just great.. but please keep in mind that the DM's might have plans for events to open the cave again Wink so don't try to run everything on the forum

Last edited by DM Iribaar on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Belial

Belial

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 5:18 am

Eiko stops at Valtore's request and stands by waiting to be of help.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianRaven

ObsidianRaven

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 6:04 am

The masked and Hooded "Elf" would stop... eventually... slowly dropping the pick axe and stepping back and balling his fists. "So.... the Zhents... Shadowdale.... they did this to her home...." looking away for a home a dark and sinister glint would find the "elfs" eyes before he would turn to Valtore. "What spells and magic would help you clear this safely and faster..." the "Elf" would say rage and murder in his voice, but seeming to be currently subpressed by an iorn like will.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 6:51 am

As Karovir hears of what happened what he certainly would he takes the boat to the Rimwood and walks to the destroyed Oak looking at the remains and nods:

"I admit for an unprotected inn full of strange people and questionable visitors it stood here longer than expected. I won't miss it. But most of the people who died here most likely didn't deserve such an end."

He would mutter a short prayer for the dead ones and that the wind which carries away their ashes before turning around and joining Valtore at the entrance to the Ironhouse mines.

"Hello Valtore. This doesn't look good. Whoever is trapped there might have no big trouble to survive having food and water. The problem is that people might start to panic if they get trapped in dark caves and after a while they might go insane and do stupid things. We should get them out as soon as possible. I offer my monolith summonings to help digging just let me know when and where. The elves will help, too of course."
Back to top Go down
ObsidianRaven

ObsidianRaven

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:01 am

The Hooded Masked elf would look to Karovir as he came over, purple eyes locking onto his for a moment. " That might not be for the best, using such a powerful creature might bring down the very moutain, or worst make it errupt, ill not risk Bel over that... however... perhaps it could help in other ways.. with is strong connection to the earth perhaps it could meld with the earth and be our eyes within the dark... as a though, in the mean while Ill do what I can tyo help clear the way to find my Bel... my spellbook and power is at your disposal.. call me Veral'si."
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:06 am

Any summons ye send below will disappate when it hits the null magic area.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:13 am

"No I don't mean to send anything inside. I want to summon something to dig from outside. Anyway you are the cave expert I just offer my help." He then looks at the other person and says simply: "Earth elementals are smaller and I can summon those too. As I said I am just an older man who sees an opportunity to be useful. If you use what I offer or not is not my decision."
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:30 am

A few elven scouts can be spotted sometimes in the area. After a proper time elves and allied races, members of Myth Drannor army start appear in the area. It's not possible to say how many as they move mostly in the forest. Nadin is sighted leading efforts and taking reports from scouts.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianRaven

ObsidianRaven

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:31 am

Veral'si's eyebrow twtichs as he listens, merely offering a nod towhat was said to him he turns around and walks off to find some shade and study his spellbook, the mage could be found near by if his magic was needed.
Back to top Go down
ADM Iribaar

ADM Iribaar

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:39 am

//just a clarification for you all..while no other player was (technically) in the inn or the ironhouse hall you are of course free to rp your char was there..as for the inn it means you're char is dead atm..at least till the body is found and someome raises you.

For those who decide the char was in the ironhouse hall.. keep in mind that it means your char is trapped there till someome rescues you..and you can't go out for the time being. It might create some fun rp though with the others down there Smile
Back to top Go down
KnowingMeKnowingYou

KnowingMeKnowingYou

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:10 am

coming upon the site of destruciton, a lone masked elven huntress would follow the tracks of the human army to see if they apeared somewhere or if they marched all the way from Shadowdale to the oak. She would keep to the shadows mostly, swiftly moving among the trees to follow the tracks.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:16 am

Nadin receives reports back from scouts, and after a particular report he looks to the sky and than in direction of Shadowdale.

- Keep the scouts around, we need Rimwood as a safe area, report any fiding. We will make a basecamp for our forces here, in order to help the Ironhouses.
Back to top Go down
ADM Iribaar

ADM Iribaar

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:28 am

The masked elven huntress would indeed find fresh tracks that leads to Crossroads and from there to Shadwodale but giving the the high traffic in this area a lot of other tracks would be found as well..leading deeper to the woods.
Back to top Go down
AsuraKing

AsuraKing

Location : Look closely at your shadow, you might just see me there!... If not listen for the clanking!

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:29 am

Cruven passes by Rimwood after hearing of the destruction and takes a look at the remains of the Oak before walking into the ruins to search for bodies.

"Oi! Mara, Hanz, Franz, Vinny you alive!?"

The massive man starts throwing debris around as he digs through the rubble in attempt to find any possible remains of the four.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The end of the Royal Oak Inn..   The end of the Royal Oak Inn.. Empty

Back to top Go down

The end of the Royal Oak Inn..
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next