Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leaving

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel Nightfire

Angel Nightfire

Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Leaving   Leaving EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 6:41 pm

I'd like to thank all those I've RP'ed with on the server for some good times, it's been fun, exciting, intriguing and a lot more.

My reason for leaving:

In short: I am leaving due to the introduction of retroactive classrulechanges.

The longer more detailed version:
After not having heard anything for a month after sending in new classrule-application (2nd revised attempt) since my 17th level pure warlock Raile fell victim to the relatively new retroactive rulechange, after having asked several times during this period if there was any development on the matter and the generel answer being silence, I have finally decided to give up and throw in the towel. I of course have other characters than my warlock, she isn't even my main, but fact of the matter is that when a retroactive classrulechange has been made once what's to stop it from happening again?

This time my level 17 warlock got hit by a retroactive rulechange and has been unplayable ever since due to some redtape that isn't even properly explained by wizards of the coast till 4th edition D&D, next time it might be my 14th level pure sorceror or my epiclevel character that'd get hit, just gone from one day to the next which would be fine if this was a permadeathserver and it happened IC but it's not fine when it happens due to a retroactive rulechange. So instead of wasting any more of my time sending in applications and playing characters that may become indefinitely unplayable from one day to the next because of some new rulenonsense I have decided to cut my losses and quit the server before the next [insert a not very nice word here about a person] introduces a new retroactive classrulechange.
Back to top Go down
Sunflower

Sunflower

Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving   Leaving EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Actually it was the players that suggested this ruling and we went with the majority and at the moment we have about 14 or 15 active applications for just this class alone. Not to mention the other apps we have received for token requests, class apps, rebuilds. We all have full time jobs and most of us have families and real life duties that do come first. I'm sorry you haven't been told anything
Back to top Go down
Angel Nightfire

Angel Nightfire

Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving   Leaving EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:51 am

I understand Sunflower, but it's not just the part of having heard nothing but silence and vague answers for a month, it's more the part where this may happen to one my other characters the next time someone introduces a new retroactive classrule leaving that character unplayable in an indefinite timeframe; from 1 day till forever. Playerdecision or not retroactive classruling = bad and the introduction of it on this server is the reason I am leaving.
Back to top Go down
Sunflower

Sunflower

Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving   Leaving EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:20 am

Well I hope you enjoy life and have a good one.
Back to top Go down
Angel Nightfire

Angel Nightfire

Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving   Leaving EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:45 pm

Well I plan to, and right back at you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving   Leaving Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaving