Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ophelia83

Ophelia83

In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  Empty
PostSubject: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:25 pm

*on her travels back home Arya can be seen searching Myth Drannor and the Latherder Settlement stopping any that she knows and asking if they know of a priest or a priestess of Mystra claiming it is very important she finds one*
Back to top Go down
Smithers666

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 4:41 pm

If she ask the guards in MD or at the Windsong tower she wold be informed of an old gold elf named Aerul Palanthiir that is a teacher at Windsong tower and resides at the Star inn.
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:58 pm

Finally making a trip to Myth Drannor, Ahri sends a letter to Aerul Palanthiir, requesting a chance to meet with him whenever he finds himself available.
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:00 pm

When Ahri finally makes her way to Myth Drannor, she would seek out Aerul when she finds the time to. Underneath her arm, she carries her spellbook. While she searches, she seems nervous and excited. She knew the basics of Mystra's faith, but she wanted to learn more, and she was excited for that. What made her nervous though, was how the priest would react when she told him her sins. They were many and great. There was even a bit of dread in her.
Back to top Go down
Smithers666

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 4:49 am

Upon entering the city she would be directed towards the Star inn by the city guards.
The barkeep at the star would confirm that there is a Ar-tel-quessir named Aerul renting a room at the inn but that he is not currently in his room as far as the baarkeep goes.

Further inquiries directs her towards the main library in the center of the city.

Last edited by Smithers666 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

DM Carbuncle

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:06 am

//the Windsong Tower is not rebuild yet. The guild teaches at the Library at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Ahri would go to the library as directed. Quietly, she would try to find Aerul, though it might take her some time since she doesn't know what exactly he looks like. That feeling of anxiety and dread grows within her, she wondered if the priest would just cast her from his sight the moment he learns what she was.
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Ahri searches through the library for quite some time, looking for the elusive priest. She begins to wonder if he is even her, or if she perhaps missed him on the way into the library. Growing more anxious still, she looks for elves alone or in groups, to ask the if they know where Aerul is. If they seem to deep in study, she leaves them alone. Ahri knew all too well how Wizards got when they were disturbed at study.
Back to top Go down
Smithers666

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:00 am

The elves knows of an old Ar-tel-quessir that sits in the restricted area of the library reading. The librarian goes away and comes back a few minutes after. He will be right out...

After about a quarter of an hour a gold elf comes out of the restricted area. He bears light blue robes with white linings inscribed with runes and a symbol on the chest depicting a circle of nine stars with a red mist rising from the middle of the ring. The mist seems to flow out from the garment toward the viewer. (If you can read magical runes they are of protection). On the head the elf bears a deep blue beret. A few strands of golden grey hear can be seen projecting from the beret.
He looks tired with deep bags under his eyes.

The librarian nods towards Ahri and the elf walks towards her his eyes scrutinizing her looks (very high lore and magical skill as well as mage sight (detect magic active)).

Back to top Go down
Thelight1

Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Through his incredible knowledge of lore and magic, as well as his magical sight, he can tell she is protected by quite a few very powerful wards such as the Shades Spell, long with Greater Heroism, Chasing Perfection and some other lesser spells. As for her own looks, she seems more of the bookish sort, pretty and lithe with raven black hair that comes down to about her chin. She also has a number of wands in special sheathes on her belt along with pouches and slots for potions. Her robes are beautiful silver color, and she has a matching hat. Under her arm she holds a very large tome that must be her spellbook.

As he approaches, she bows deeply and holds it. "Priest Palanthiir. Forgive me for disturbing your studies. I wished to speak to you about converting, as well as...atonement."
Back to top Go down
Smithers666

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:20 am

The old elf lifts an eyebrow and talks in a low voice.
"Lets get to my private reading room and talk."
The old elf turns around and slowly walks toward the back of the library.

//If she follows all her active wards must survive a lvl 32 dispel when she enters the reading room//
The room holds a desk and a few chairs as well as a few comfy leather armchairs.
Aerul gestures towards the table and the chairs and sits down in one of the leather armchairs.
Please tell me your story if ye will young-ling, we are safe from scrying in here.

Back to top Go down
Thelight1

Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 1:45 pm

All of her wards are dispelled as she enters the room, she seems slightly surprised, but she doesn't seem upset or irritated at all. Quietly, she takes a seat, her spellbook held in her lap. Gathering herself for a moment, she begins to tell her story.

"It is not a good story, I warn you that. I was once part of the Zhentarim, one of their Thaumaturges. Over the last year or so, I traveled away from Shadowdale, searching for someone." She doesn't say who, and she doesn't seem willing to elaborate.

"Over that time, I was conflicted with my faith to Bane. His faith was all that I had known for most of my life. I am what many of the Zhentarim would call 'weak'. I questioned, and was conflicted. I could not follow on blind faith like many. I tried to reassure with my faith, but I couldn't. While I saw many who had some vestige of honor amongst the Zhentarim, there were many more who didn't, I saw many who used their 'faith' for power, and while I was not adverse to gaining power, I would never stoop to such levels. I began to part with them, and finally before the battle before Shadowdale, turned away from them and Bane." She smiles bitterly. "It might surprise you to say that it was one of the hardest moments in my life."

She takes a moment, before continuing, "I have always loved magic, I believed it was my calling ever since I was a little girl in Zhentil Keep. I was a prodigy, my family was pleased, and so I was sent to serve here. I learned quickly, and I rose in the ranks of the Zhentarim quite quickly." A shadow comes across her face for a moment. "I reveled in the power that I had, I have used magic in dark ways." She looks down to her spellbook. "It is only recently..." Ahri's breath caught in her throat. "It is only recently, in the last few months that I realized that using magic responsibly, to aid people when needed is far more satisfying than using the power just to revel in it. Only recently did I see how much joy it could bring instead of pain and death."

Quietly she sat for a moment or two, before she placed her spell book on the table. "Mystra calls strongly to me. I want to join her faith, but I need to learn her teachings first. I need to do penance for the deeds I have done with magic. I have already begun, helping the people of Shadowdale and Myth Drannor, aiding them, protecting them, but there is still much to be done...and I believe this is the first step."

She gestures to her spell book, "There is knowledge of evil in there, spells, rituals, designs...the knowledge is good to know, in case there is a need to defend against it. I want you to look through it, and judge what penance should be done for it. If you want me to burn the book and start anew, I will do it."
Back to top Go down
Smithers666

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 6:05 am

Aerul listens intently to her story not showing any outwards signs during her telling. Afterwards he mutters a little to himself. And a black rabbit suddenly appears in his lap and he pets it.

"Ahh this is my fellow friend and comfort in this harsh world."
He rummages around inside his robes and presents a carrot to the rabbit.
"Her ye go Midnight" As the rabbit munches on the carrot he continues...

"Have ye ever wondered why the mage of Shadowdale never have slayed that foul wizard Manshoon?
Its not because the old wolf did not have the art or the opportunity but because the goddess forbade it. Mystra loves all magic even the more "evil" aspects. Magic in itself are neither good nor evil it is how it is used that decides and even if Manshoon do much evil with his magic he has created a lot of ingenious art and Mystra saw a potential in him to create even more.

Most of that happened before the time of troubles and the lessons of the time of troubles have led my goddess to have a bit harsher look on the evil usages of magic then before.

Regardless of the specifics of your crimes or whats in that book this is mine and the goddess judgement. Ye must go without that ye love the most for a year and a day helping any one in need without doing evil. Ye don't need to foolishly risk yer-self though so don't get into situations helping where it is obvious ye have great risk for your life.

Also ye must pray to the goddess for forgiveness as often as ye feel regret over yer evil deeds during this period of time. If ye after half this period has followed this tasks I will start teaching ye the teachings of the Lady of Mysteries and when this time is at an end if yer heart is pure ye will be absolved of yer sins and can enter the faith of Mystra and use magic again.

If ye agree i will have to cast a powerful spell on ye that makes sure ye follow your set path to atonement.
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:17 pm

As she listened, she thought over wielding no magic, it was something she feared. It was everything to her. As much as she didn't want to give it up, she had to do what needed to be done. This was the first step in a long journey.

"I agree."
Back to top Go down
Smithers666

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:30 pm

Aerul rises, take hold of Ahris hands with one of his own, holds a white glowing prism in the other hand and and starts a incantation. Ahris palms slowly starts to glow a circle of seven stars in silver appearing on each palm. The symbols flashes then disappears.

It is done. Now go out into the world and repent. I will keep yonder spell-book safe and give it back to ye whenever ye want it. If ye truly regret yer sins ye will persist and atone. I hope to see ye again in half a years time without any silver in thy hair.

// a successful spell lore vs DC 20 gives you the name of the spell = Laeral's Crowning Touch
A successful spell lore DC 40 how the spell functions in detail =
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also I don't expect you to RP this for a whole year real time, you decide how long in RT you want to stretch this //

Back to top Go down
Thelight1

Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:12 am

Ahri hands her spellbook over and stands and bows. "Thank you for your time, I will return in a year and a day."

((I'm going to stretch it out as long as I can. Will be interesting RP! Very Happy ))
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:52 pm

After almost a month, Ahri returns from a self imposed exile. Her hair is still raven black, and at times she can be seen meditating by the water or reading to herself by the fireside. She helps out whomever she can, be it with small repairs, or with her staggering knowledge of lore.

If one gets close enough, she can be seen studying various books about the Cormanthor, The elves, and the City of Myth Drannor itself.
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 2:53 am

Ahri returns after 6 months, seeking Aerul late in the evenings, rather than earlier in the day.
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 12:14 pm

Ahri continues to search and ask about for Aerul in the library. She wears a simple blue dress, and her holy pendant of Mystra and little else. She can be found doing this mostly at night, for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Smithers666

PostSubject: The high mage sends word....   In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 6:43 pm

The high mage heard of the inquiries send word that Aerul is away to Evereska visiting relatives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra    In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra  Empty

Back to top Go down

In search of a priest or priestess of Mystra
Page 1 of 1