Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shadowdale Food Stall

Go down 
+3
Navarre_Sallavarian
Hasbeengoing
Kaalos003
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

Shadowdale Food Stall Empty
PostSubject: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:59 am

Setting up her stall yet another early morn, before the rooster can even crow, Sophia can be seen by the other Merchants setting up her food stall. Having already given new friends Bryanna, Neleth and the Dawnlord a sample of her on creations the other day, she would smile as she begins.

Her wares may not look like much, but she does however know what plants and herbs mix well with which food, as she was taught by her parents, and the Druids of Neverwinter Wood, her letters and numbers.

Placing her board to the let of her stall it would read thusly:

Today's Specials are the following:
Meals
Seared trout, with Dewdrop pureé, Floured Potatoes and Corn,
Honey smoked Ham with pan fried goose-fat potatoes wedges,

Desserts are those inspired my my good friends the Ironhouse,
Whiskey dipped Pears in a thin crust maple Pie, with Wintergrass and Lammas frozen cream.

All food and treats are free of course, but if it be intent to donate, all donations will be added to the coffers to better the Orphans upbringing.

//Winter Grass is Mint, Lammas is Honey and Dandellion
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 12:44 am

*Onyx would get up with the sun to work in the fields all day, but would stop by the fellow chaunteans stall to buy her rations for the day.  She would accept whatever the days food is.*
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 10:30 am

Seeing Onyx approach she waves Smiling

"Sister Onyx, It has been a while since I seen you last. But please help yourself to whatever you wish, I have also prepared this."

Sophia holds out to Onyx a small satchel, containing a tartan wrapped Loaf of Bread, Some thick chunks of Boar, a Knife and a wooden plate. There is also an assortment of berries and fruits in the satchel

"Here, this should keep you well fed. Though be careful I have already salted the Boar. As for payment, please give what you can to High Harvest Mistress Julia, All donations go towards the Orphans. I wish you well Sister Onyx"

She dips her head, smiling to her, as she goes back to scuttling around the stall, preparing foods and baked goods
Back to top Go down
Navarre_Sallavarian

Navarre_Sallavarian

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 am

Greetings sweet Sophia,

here, I brought a big crate of peaches for your recipes dear, from our Gardens. I prayed for "Favor of the Goddess" so they look and taste pretty amazing,

continue the good work Sister,

blessings.
Back to top Go down
M-Code-M

M-Code-M

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 11:13 am

*Airan would walk through the square, lugging a large sack of loot. He'd undoubtedly pick up the scent of the foods being cooked, and his stomach would churn.* What in the Supreme throne is that smell!? *He'd say to himself as he looks around for the source of the wonderful smells, until he spots the small stand.*
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 11:31 am

*Onyx would Nod to Sophie in her ussual monotone and neutral fashion*

"Thank you sister.  I am sure whatever you have prepared will be sufficent for me today.  I am not very picky."  *Which would also seem to be the case by her actions*

"I would stay and talk longer, but I have work to attend to.  Earthmother Blessings."
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 12:41 pm

"Peaches" A wide grin crosses her face

"Let me get to work on bakingt the crust and boiling the peaches, Once done I will have a few sent to you High Harvestmistress"

Sophia looks to Airan, Smiling

" Oh that smell is Bruisenweed, it is one of the plants used in may many potions consumed by Adventurers" She taps her chin, then blurts out "Aid, yes, Aid is the Potion of choice, well the plants root moreso, but these Foods and Baked goods are free to all"

Sophia returns to the hearth as she drops the peaches into a Large boiling pot of water, she then gathers some flour, egg and water into a bowl, with her hands kneading the dough. Though her back is to them she continues to talk to both

" May I say, I am overjoyed that the Children will benefit from this venture. With consistent donations to the Orphanage, their tutelage will continue , and they minds will fill with wondrous knowledge. I am pleased each day that I continue to see them smile. Can I offer you both anything while the peaches boil?"

Finishing the kneading of the Dough, she places it into a dish and puts it into a heating container on the hearth, atop the highest shelf above the Pot.

"Perhaps a Smoked Boar and breaded stuffing sandwich?"

Sophia smiles and nods to Onyx

" Oh of course Sister Onyx, Mother protect you, with each step you take this day and everyday"

She returns to the Sandwich, using goose fat butter as aspread, then laying a layer of Boar then Stuffing, then another layer of boar before placing another slice of of bread. She makes a few of these, offering Airan and Julia each one. She seals the rest away.
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:20 pm

Bryanna would stop by Sophia's stall as she has before, admiring the handiwork of the other woman

"Sophia, how many people do you think you could feed here? I was thinking to gather up some of the less fortunate around town and bring them to you. Don't worry though, I will donate generously for it."

Bryanna smiles, waiting the response.
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Looking to Bryanna she cheers

"Bryanna" Then pausing at her question

"Firstly, could you tell me how many there are to feed, and I will see to cooking and baking, but a Number, well I have fed the Entirety of the Ironhouse. and they are a large clan"

taps her chin

"A rough estimate I would say two hundred, maybe slightly more"

Last edited by Kaalos003 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Bryanna laughs.

"Surely there are not so many hungry about the town with the temple and kind people Sophia.. I'll take a walk and gather who I can up.. I'd expect a few dozen at most. Here, take this for the children and remember to get me those numbers on your costs I asked for. I have an idea that may be helpful, but I need to know what I am looking at first."

Bryanna as before removes the coinpouch from her belt and sets it on Sophia's bench, waiting to hear the response before departing.
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:46 pm

An unexpected bang and Pop,some peache fly out of the pot, and their natural sugar soak her, She laughs

" Well that's new, I suppose I will have to boil some more and keep an extra careful eye on them. But as to the cost I am still looking at the numbers, but fret naught I will have an estimate ready soon. Oh here take these with you, some Sandwiches I made earlier, for any whom need to stave off hunger and for you also. As to donations, I will not nor never give an amount. What ever you feel is best, my Friend"
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Several hours have past and left undisturbed, she produces several Pies, from the makeshift oven, the scent of honey and peach lingers on the breeze, floating around Shadowdale Central. Taking some juice she had stocked she takes a brush, that painter use for paintings, but her use is to colour the symbol of Chauntea atop each pie

"Hmm Sun is setting, I should really begin closing up for the night. Though I can however wait another couple of minutes for people to come take a pie"

She would sigh deeply, exhausted from her day of Labor. She looks to the Hedges at the back of the Temple and her eyes light up, smiling, Sophia puts the essentials away. Snuffing out the flames of the Hearth.
Back to top Go down
Navarre_Sallavarian

Navarre_Sallavarian

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Oh my, these pies are fantastic Sophia, children will love them,

the Sandwiches were delicious too,

you have blessed hands.
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 5:43 pm

" i do what needs to be done, and by that. These people deserve to be fed like others, I will take no coin from another soul. though they are free to donate"

She chuckles softly
Back to top Go down
Dawizahr

Dawizahr

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Imesah approaches Sophia with a smile. She bows and says, "I think what you are doing here is a great thing for the people of Shadowdale, but surely it is difficult for you to do all of this yourself. I would be honored to help you in whatever way I can. I am a good cook I have been told, though I am not creative when it comes to dishes. Tell me what you need done, and I shall do it."
Back to top Go down
MasterSilke

MasterSilke

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:39 pm

As Emrys wanders through the town of Shadowdale, the aroma of the delicious food tickles his nose and leads him over to the food stall Sophia had set up. Looking over the assortment of foods and treats on display with a gluttonous gleam in his eye, he walks in front of the stall.

"Don't s'pose you'd mind if I took a pie off your hands... or maybe two?" he asks with his lips curled into a small grin, pulling out a small sack of coin in the process.
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Bryanna would return with a double handful of very hungry, ragged looking folks from around the township for Sophia to feed.
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:27 am

Looking to Emrys, she grins

" Well the Stall is closed for the night, but I am staying here for a few more minutes, and Of course take a pie"

She Bryanna and the people walking towards her stall she chuckles softy

" Well hello there" Hands Emrys a peach pie " What can I do for you fine people?"

Sophia pulls out a hamper she had been packing with plates of food, hampers of meats, and offers them to the townsfolk

" Here, take these, I would not see those in need suffer from starvation. Mother help us"

Looking to Bryanna

" Thank you my friend, this was a noble act on your part, many would not bother. I can see why I like you. " To the Townfolk " Remember this food is free, I will never ask for a single coin, it may be my ruin but the Mother will deliver"

She finishes closeing the stall, and over the main beam lights her  Lantern, she takes with her a hamper walking west, to the small clearing

" I will be open in a few hours, and with a New dessert, a recipie given by my friend, Blue. I bid you all a good night"

She would turn and call back to them all, the light shining down upon them, she smiles as she turns back on her heels and Walks to the Lathanderite Shrine
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:46 am

Seeing Imesah, Sophia approaches her, dipping her head

"I would be honored to work with you, my dear. There is no thanks needed by the way. I do this because the people deserve to be fed, they had suffered for so many years at the hands of the Black Network and the Baneites. I accept Donations, but these do not benefit the stall, or the stock. The donations are for the Orphanage, the Children. You see . ." She pauses ". . I am Perceptress in the House of Plenty Orphanage. I care for the Children as if they were my own."

Pulling a sandwich from the hamper, she offers it to Imesah

" Please accept this, It is not much, but I do what I can." Looks at the Moon sighing deeply " Mother knows why I do what I do. If no one else will do it, then I gladly take this mantle as my own, the burden if there be any. In honesty I admit, I love to cook, to bake. But there is a higher purpose here. and that is to better the lives of the Children and the Peoples of Shadowdale."

Approaching the Shrine of Lathander, she stops a moment

" My name is Sophia Everheart, I am convert to Chauntea, I am blessed with love from another. I am gracious that I was given a second chance. So I ask you this madam, If you wish to help, I would gladly accept it."

She waits for a response, but continues her walk to the camp, If Jay is there she would hand him the Basket, telling him of the Contents and wishing him well she returns to the Temple to rest for a hour or two, before her duties to the children begins.
Back to top Go down
Dawizahr

Dawizahr

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 12:33 pm

"I apologize, but I must decline your gracious gift, I must be very strict about what I eat." Imesah laughs, "thought I must admit I am tempted." She bows again, "I will help in whatever way I may."
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 10:50 am

Just as the sun starts to rise Sophia can be seen rushing to an from her stall , Lighting the hearth, stacking the baskets, carrying pots, and small parcels of foods and fruits, Flour and other goods. She is frantically trying to set up the stall and have at the very least food cooking before sunrise, though she seems to be always checking the east and North paths looking for familiar face
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 11:39 am

As Sophia calms down form her morning scuttle, she has already prepared several trays of mini pies, on tray consists of Beef and vegetable pies, another, on chicken and white sauce, and the others are Apple and Cinnamon, Peach cobber, carrot and walnut.

With in the Pots are three legs of Lamb, in the other pots there is corn, another has Potatoes, Another would have an assortment of vegetable, and the last one would have wrapped parcels of trout and salmon, with a single bay leaf inside each parcel.

The saucepan to her right, she is whisking together a sauce for the pies, it would if smelled, have the distinctive scet of Whiskey, but its color is a thick goldenrod color.
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 11:50 am

She would take a wooden bowl, add several cups of flour, crack three eggs adding only the yolk, add some milk, with cream still floating atop, 3 cups of Sugar, and taking a whisk begin to turn the pastry. Leaving i to one side, she takes some seeping strawnberries, and dices them finely, adding them to a smaller bowl, and begin to churn them into a thick paste, where she add them to a pot, and drops some other fruits into the pot.

Returning to the Pastry she pour the thickish liquid into three circular trays and puts them into her makeshift oven. Now she returns to the other cooking foods, and seeing that they are cooked she adds a tiny pinch of salt, stirring the pots individually as she does.

Later she will return to the Pastry and add some personal touches
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:04 pm

After several hours baking, Sophia produces a rather varied selections of cakes, which she places gently in to a few boxes.Setting them to one side, she scribbles in alabaster chalk, what is available on this days menu.

Todays Specials are:

Corn and Chicken Soup, served with Whole wheat bread,
Wild Pheasant with assortment of Vegetables with a Lavander pureé
Apple and Cinnamon Pie, served with brandy Cream.

She would put the Boxes containing Cakes away until Mara would pass by
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 2:05 am

Bryanna drops by Sophia's stall again the next time she notices it being open and manned by Sophia.

"Miss Sophia, I wont keep you from your work long. I just wanted to ask if you ever got the numbers I asked for? Your typical costs for running the orphanage, that is."

She waits with a smile for Sophia's response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadowdale Food Stall   Shadowdale Food Stall Empty

Back to top Go down

Shadowdale Food Stall
Page 1 of 1