Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Player Driven Events

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowcraft

Shadowcraft

Player Driven Events Empty
PostSubject: Player Driven Events   Player Driven Events EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:52 am

So iv been thinking, with only foe as the UD DM perhaps we the players could help out by running our own adventures for each other. Be it using out own characters to create advendure we rewards and handy class features like summon monster or trap use.

As a random example:

I use uspir to run a relic hunting adventure, where she hires a bunch of people to help her research, locate and reclaim the relic of interest to her.

Be fore the events happen I would run around the underdark setting the event up, placing clues in monster infested areas, and making the rewards my self, like gold, gems, magic gear or spells.

And to make it interesting, another character could hire a rival speaialy made team of antaginist player character to try and hinder the search or steal the item!

While there would be no dm droped xp

if planned right, it could provide fun, a nice chunk of grinding xp, rp xp and the reward items.

What ya think?
Back to top Go down
Lazern

Lazern

PostSubject: Re: Player Driven Events   Player Driven Events EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:50 am

This sounds like it would require some form of god-moding. On the other hand, if it's inconsequential, I don't think that's such a bad thing. I imagine it wouldn't be a huge nuisance to just run an event idea by a dm, and get a nod or a nay. Minimal time from a DM, but limits the potential for godmoding.
Back to top Go down
cyurn

cyurn

PostSubject: Re: Player Driven Events   Player Driven Events EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 12:37 pm

I like the idea. I could imagine groups being "steered" by two OOCly coordinating oponents to hunt /steal / contest for items both of them send for.

It could even become a longerterm thing if the "quest" doesn't end but the "loosing" side needs to steal the item from the winning party.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcraft

Shadowcraft

PostSubject: Re: Player Driven Events   Player Driven Events EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 1:05 pm

that would be kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
Max Hatchet

Max Hatchet

PostSubject: Re: Player Driven Events   Player Driven Events EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:55 pm

ummmm Shadowcraft.... maybe you should just be a DM? Wink *

*i am wondering about applying myself too
Back to top Go down
Lazern

Lazern

PostSubject: Re: Player Driven Events   Player Driven Events EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Max Hatchet wrote:
ummmm Shadowcraft.... maybe you should just be a DM? Wink *

*i am wondering about applying myself too

Please do.  If you have the time and are willing, then more dm's is great fun! That means both of you!
Back to top Go down
Shadowcraft

Shadowcraft

PostSubject: Re: Player Driven Events   Player Driven Events EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 2:19 am

im not ready to dm yet, when the staff feel I am ready I am sure Ill be given chance Smile in the mean while do give it a go people Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Driven Events   Player Driven Events Empty

Back to top Go down

Player Driven Events
Page 1 of 1