Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A gathering within Town

Go down 
+8
Skyiba
Dawizahr
adaywithoutrain
DrunkenSolamnic
DeepFriedMoose
ADM_Specters
Vall Moon
Greenboy3
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenboy3

Greenboy3

A gathering within Town Empty
PostSubject: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 6:59 pm

*Vincent one day calls a gathering of the town for an important announcement. Once the day comes, Vincent takes a stand in front of the crowd clearing his throat, Bryanna at his side*

Citizens of Shadowdale. I come to you today to make an announcement, one I wish I didn't have to make but..I see it as best to do in this situation.

*he gazes over the crowd sighing softly before continuing*

This town deserves a Deputy Mayor that is more public, one who has the time to go about regularly to do as much as they can and I've realized I'm not the best for such a position. As much as I loved serving as Deputy Mayor and doing everything I can for this town to keep it in the best condition possible.. It is time to pass such a position on to someone who has clearly shown the initiative and energy to do what is best for this town.

*Vincent turns to Bryanna nodding once to her before looking back to the crowd*

So in this day, I ask Bryanna Lovich to step into my place as Deputy Mayor. She has been my secretary for some time now, proven herself loyal and good hearted. And has interacted with this town tirelessly to try and do what is best.

*Again he turns back to Bryanna looking to her*

Bryanna, I wish you luck in the future to come.

*smiles warmly to her*

(( On an OOC note, as much as I love to play as Deputy Mayor and want to stay as one, I simply can't. Simply because school is now getting so hectic that I don't have the time to dedicate to the server as a leader should.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:23 pm

Nadin who had recently arrived watches the speech of Vincent with some interest, and as soon as he finishes and the crowd starts to disperse or adress the former and the new deputy major, the elf makes his leave back to the tavern where he rented a room for the next days.
Back to top Go down
ADM_Specters

ADM_Specters

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:37 pm

There is a bit of talk among the crowd of people. Nadin and others in or by the crowd can hear people ask what the Mayor has to say about the change. However due to the respect they have for Vincent no one says anything loudly. A number of citizans walk up to Bryanna and congratulate her.
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:46 pm

*Jonah is in the crowd as well, watching the proceedings with some interest. His face has a mix of emotions; some of the same concern the townspeople share, and the pleasant relief of his replacement. He asks a few of the townsfolk about their concerns with the change.*

"...I'm told that Ms. Lovich is more than capable of filling the role; what would give you doubts about Sheriff Vincent stepping down...?"
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Bryanna would blink in surprise, seeming quiet and thoughtful for as long as she's able to delay before speaking up.

"I'd like to thank Mister Blake-Aseph for the trust he is showing in me, asking me to serve as acting Deputy-Mayor until Mayor Glamerie and you, the people of Shadowdale, can select a more permanent replacement. There is much work to be done to prepare the offices for whoever is selected to replace me, by whatever means Mayor Glamerie chooses to do so.

In the interest of making the next transition as smooth as possible I would like anyone with any out-standing issues which have not been addressed to write me at the offices so I can see to settling those matters for the next Deputy Mayor.

Thank you Mister Blake-Aseph and thank you," she addresses to crowd directly, "for this opportunity to better serve you, if in a temporary manner. I look forward to hearing your concerns and desires."

She smiles, exchanging polite conversation where appropriate though very much quiet and thoughtful. She seems to be processing this new development. She lingers to address anyone who wishes to talk to her, handing out her little packets of candies to any children that happen to be around.

((I'd like people to actively participate in the suggestion threads as to how to set up and do elections so that this can be kept as brief a term of service as possible.))
Back to top Go down
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Listening to the meeting, Kendra blinks in surprise as well. After the words are exchanged, she then approaches Bryanna to speak with her.

((Will see you in game Wink ))
Back to top Go down
Dawizahr

Dawizahr

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:27 am

Imesah steps forward to congratulate Bryanna, and as more people likely do so she leaves.
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 1:51 pm

blue would congratulate her as well and top to talk briefly with her and vince before making his way to the shops and exiting town such has become normal for him..
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 7:09 pm

((I am asking a DM confirm or decline Vincent's decision in a timely manner. Due to past neglect however, if I don't hear back by Sunday afternoon I'm going to have to assume that no news is good news and move forward as though the appointment is legitimate. I feel this fair, and I'm sorry that it sounds like an ultimatum, but 6 months of inactivity out of one faction is enough and I refuse to have my character become known for the same amount of inactivity and neglect as her apparent predecessor. Please be aware I will respect your decision, no matter what it is without fuss or outcry. I just want the matter settled so I can RP and move forward appropriately.))

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Navarre_Sallavarian

Navarre_Sallavarian

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 6:09 pm

Citizens, Farmers,

I would like to ask who gave the Deputy Mayor the right to name a successor? This is an exclusive prerogative of Lady Mayor Glamerie,

at least we had good news seeing an incompetent government depressing end,

despite Bryanna is working really hard, there are more seasoned "True Rebels" who worked and fought many years for this Town and deserve the position much more than she does,

lets give her more time to build her name and reputation and, at last, make justice to those who really deserve it... just an advice my fellow countrymen,

May our Great Mother guide us all.
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 4:30 pm

Bryanna would look at Julia and nod in agreement.

"The province of appointments and maintaining the competency of her underlings is the prerogative of Mayor Glamerie, you are right High Harvestmistress. This is why I have asked Mayor Glamerie to confirm or decline my appointment. So we will have to wait and learn what her decision is."

Bryanna smiles.

"What you say is true, High Harvestmistress. I have not spilled blood in the liberation of this town. I am not a rebel. I am a benefactor of all that you and the others who fought have won. I would ask, for what was the rebellion fought? Was it for the freedom of the people of this region, or was it so that those who fought could hold their participation in the battles over the heads of others?

I am grateful for all that you and the other combatants have done High Harvestmistress, but how can one demand participation in a battle as a qualification to serve the people of this township? If every public servant must have spilled blood, how long will it be before only elves are left to govern? How long before even they are not left?"

Bryanna smiles and motions.

"By all means, I do not mean to imply I am more competent than anyone else. Nor do I mean to say that there are not others who are more qualified, more seasoned. What I say is that, the presence on a battlefield that was cold before my arrival is hardly a fair condition to hold against me. Please, have those who would take this duty upon them come forward and give the Lady Glamerie a choice in the matter. I would prefer to not be the only standing candidate for her decision.

Yet I must ask, out of my own curiosity... how is it justice for those who fought to in turn govern? Is the service to the people now a reward to be paid for services rendered? Should it not be a duty, given to those who might best perform it?"

Bryanna lowers her hands and folds them in front of her.

"Let those who are able come forth, demonstrate they are able. Let them demonstrate that they are devoted to the people of this township. Let the People or the Lady Glamerie voice that they desire that person to serve in this recently vacated position, and I will gladly refuse the affirmation, resign the appointment and return to my former duties of assisting those who have been found worthy of governance."

"I give all of you, each one of you, my word of honor that I will respect your wishes and the wishes of the Lady Glamerie. I will do my best to serve this Township, these people, to the best of my ability. And I will look forward to the day when someone more able and more deserving steps forth and accepts the duty of tending to Shadowdale's needs."

"I simply ask High Harvestmistress, that you and the other doubtful judge me on my merit in the role I may serve, not on my ability to fight and wage war. I also ask that you remember, before any great fuss is made over me... that we remember that Lady Glamerie has of yet not voiced her decision on the matter. With any luck we will learn in a few days that she has a different appointment to announce, and I'll be able to resume my former duties which you seem to at least be approving of until now."

Bryanna curtsies, and awaits any response which may come.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:57 pm

Valtore stands not far from Julia while the speech is going on. He speaks to Julia after Bryanna.

"Lass, tha fighten is over. We kicked them zhents arse. Let tha folks run their town how they want. I did me part and ye did yurs with distiction. None can take that away from ye Julia. Be proud of that and let tha younger folk take up tha challenge of leadership. I am likin me retirement. Have more time fur me pleasures."

He nods to Bryanna then nods to Julia again and moves off to go back to shopping and his failed attempts to flirt with pretty women.
Back to top Go down
Roveston

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 8:50 am

(( This is a dangerous precedent. I would kindly ask any dm to drop a line as Glamorie to confirm this, also I expect him/her to assume the control of Shadowdale.

If no one does, we will be forced not only to consider the deputy mayor position vacant all the while keep on discussing about elections in the forums, but also we will have to consider the Shadowdale dm position vacant as well until the new Hdm says something about it.

I am ok with what the dms will decide, I just don't feel comfortable with this sort of "tacit consent" that leave us with no responsabile to address things to in case we need, and we will.  ))
Back to top Go down
Taeron

Taeron

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 9:06 am

*Taeron can be seen standing not too far from the gathering. There are two guardsmen with him - he's probably doing some patrol inspection when he bumps into the crowd.

After hearing what Vincent has to say, the barbarian growls silently.*

I didn't sweat and bleed to see this town taken over by a new dictator.

*should the guards react with surprise, Taeron explains - still growling, his eyes locked on Vincent*

He's got no right to give his position to anyone. It's not his to give. He was temporarily trusted with this position, but it belongs to Shadowdale and the people of Shadowdale.

*Should he be questioned about Bryanna herself, or perhaps about Vincent, Taeron would exhale slowly to calm down a bit*

Bryanna is an excellent candidate. But what Vincent did might just shatter her chances of doing some good for this town. She will now be seen as "Vincent's candidate", even though there might not be anyone better for the job.

As for Vincent... The man is a capable warrior, but he sees things differently than most men I know. That's all I'm willing to say about that right now.

*Taeron proceeds to curse a bit in Illuskan, then turns around and continues with his patrol inspection*
Back to top Go down
ADM_Specters

ADM_Specters

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 4:47 am

//https://dalelandsbeyond.rpg-board.net/t25276-offical-announcements please refer to here and the message board IG.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A gathering within Town   A gathering within Town Empty

Back to top Go down

A gathering within Town
Page 1 of 1