Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Archimedes

Archimedes

Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions Empty
PostSubject: Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions   Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 11:55 am

Cleo sends out orders to all clergy, knights, and monks of Lathander stationed in Shadowdale. Each day, before dawn, they are to meet at the old site of the Morningdawn Hall in Shadowdale.

Gathering:

There, they will process through the town up Old Skull Hill for a brief Vespers service of singing and prayer as Dawn begins its daily renewal of the Earth. All who wish to attend and conduct themselves reverently are welcome.

Vespers:

At the close of each service, the little Dawnlord announces that he has a little lean-to set up at the great old willow tree just past the bridge, and that he's there all day, every day, should anyone want to come by and just talk.

Lean-to at the Willow:

If people show, Cleo welcomes them one at a time, not in groups. He offers them tea and conversation and a chance to pet Cleo's pet chicken. He doesn't explain why the chicken is also named Willow. He doesn't try to persuade anyone of anything, or make any sort of case. He just listens.  He mourns with those who grieve. He sympathetically hears the stories of those who saw something horrific.

To those who choose to confess something horrible that they did, thinking they were protecting a loved one, Cleo offers words of forgiveness and understanding.

When it seems appropriate, especially to those of his own faith, or those who are struggling with their faith, or to come to terms with what they've done, Cleo tells some variation on this confession of his own:

Cleo's Confession:

When the sun goes down, Cleo packs up his little lean-to and goes to help Jay with the refugees. Then, when he can work no more, he goes home to the caravan, takes care of supper, and rests with his mate.

This is his daily routine, for now.

Last edited by Archimedes on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
ADM_Specters

ADM_Specters

PostSubject: Re: Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions   Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:05 pm

After a time many people come out to tell their stories of Horror. It does not take long for about twenty people who have lived the being had to stand aside while the creatures forced themselves and thier will on others is soon gathered. They take turns talking. They hug each other, and many cry together. Strong farmers openly weep at what they saw. While Cleo did not experiance the evnets he is kind of accepted as a counciler and his advice is often listened to.

As some wonder home others soon come to replace them. Cleo would be here into the evening hours when the group moves to a nearby house to continue. Many feel the need to share their guilt with others who went through the same thing. Kendra is often asked for.
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

PostSubject: Re: Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions   Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:12 pm

As the crowds grow, Cleo never leaves anyone hanging, staying at his lean-to late into the night, if necessary, tending the fire and letting people talk to him or to others. He joins them in their group when it seems appropriate and keeps his distance, listening, when he thinks that's best.

He doesn't try to take over or lead, but simply goes with the flow. If the rain or the cold or the dark drive them to a home, he does not go with him, but stays at his spot, in case an individual wants to speak to him alone.

When people start asking for Kendra, he sends for Kendra.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
DrunkenSolamnic

DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions   Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:06 pm

Bryanna would stop by occasionally in her undertaking to keep things running relatively smoothly. She listens with a contemplative expression but doesn't volunteer any words unless directly asked specific questions. Any time a particular story begins to emotionally move her, she withdraws to privacy and busies herself with a task of work if it needs done or not before making her way back.
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions   Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:20 pm

At the end of the day, when the last of the townfolk have put out their lamps and gone to bed, Jonah will approach Cleo in his lean-to and sit with him for a while. When the silence has settled between them, Jonah will quietly ask:

"So, Cleo. After all of this, how are you holding up...?"
Back to top Go down
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

PostSubject: Re: Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions   Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:36 pm

After receiving word from Cleo that she is being asked for, Kendra immediately makes her way to the house to speak with the people whom have gone through the experiences. She also offers that any others whom have gone through them, or seen their family gone through them, to come to the house and speak openly from their heavy hearts.

She brings with her fresh baked bread for the adults and some cookies for any children that are in the house. Her poem book is beside her at the ready, and she listens to the people, one by one, to each of their stories.
Back to top Go down
ADM_Specters

ADM_Specters

PostSubject: Re: Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions   Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 7:55 pm

Kendra is asked to tell them.of her experience. Many know that she was used by the creatures as well. Some remember her and Aerindir at the Temple when the creatures used their bodies. As someone who went trough the worst of it many feel more connected to her. So she gets asked many times to stand up and tell her tale, because it brings them comfort.
Back to top Go down
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

PostSubject: Re: Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions   Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 2:15 am

With a heavy heart, she stands and looks them all in the eyes as she speaks. It's clear that her story is one that effects her deeply. Regardless, she knows that the people need to hear her words, so she opens up to them. With a deep breath, she begins.

"It has taken me time to recall how everything happened. Even so, there are bits and pieces that are still missing. But the things I remember...the pain...the voice...the actions..."

She looks down and goes quiet for a moment, biting her bottom lip, then continues.

"I had gone to Mayor Glamerie concerned about some things. She and the priest...well...Travis...they were both in the room. She told me to go and have a seat on the bench across the room by the bed. I didn't realize Sheriff Jacob was behind the wall. At that point is when Travis had the vase."

She looks to the others, knowing full well they likely realize what this means.

"Mayor Glamerie cried while it happened. Of all the people that thought she was bad in all this...she was really just trying her best to protect everyone when she listened to it's orders. We all were..."

She closes her eyes and takes another deep breath, a few tears gathering.

"I hurt my friends. Took them to Travis and had them infected. Watched the pain in their eyes as it happened. I watched as you all suffered, while I am supposed to protect you. What's worse...I aided in the killing of fifteen people. Twelve of which can never return."

She looks down, fiddling with her hands.

"I am meant to bring joy, laughter, and happiness to those I meet in life. To find what it is that they enjoy, what lightens their hearts...to help them better themselves and know themselves better. In fact, I have taken twelve people and snuffed them from existence. I constantly ask myself when I sit at night in my tent and think...'What have I done?'. I often find myself staring down at my own hands and I can hardly stand to even bear my own mind. Thinking of the orders it gave to mislead those that wanted to help...the pain that it made us all feel. Then knowing what Travis did to some of you all...I have a hard time standing up here in front of you all and saying that we should get over this. Because it is the most difficult thing we could ever go though."

She looks up, tears falling down her cheeks, but a look of confidence is in her eyes.

"These things have tried to crush us from the inside. We have lost so much. All of us. Mind, body, and soul. We feel as if we have all failed each other. As if we have failed in protecting those we love and care about. Our family, our friends, our dearly cherished ones. All of us here today have felt this. And all of us here today are wounded gravely and need to heal. This will take time. No words will be able to fix what has greatly hurt us. But only with time will our cuts in our hearts be mended."

She pulls out her poem book.

"I want to read to you all a poem that has got me by in some dark times. As I said, words will not heal us, but time will. I only hope that the words of this poem will touch some of you for the time being as a soft bandage on a cut."

She reads the poem out loud to them, tears still rolling down her cheeks.

"Hope is a dream in the mind of what can come.
Hope gives you a future whatever has passed, whatever done.
Hope is a light that breaks through the darkness that us surrounds.
Hope helps us find our way through to safer, loving ground.
Hope fights for you when things get so very tough.
Hope means keeping going when you have had enough.
Hope, though dims at times stays through your every sorrow.
Hope brings you through by dreaming of what comes tomorrow.
Hope tries to console you when your eyes glisten with tears.
Hope gives you something to keep going, whatever you may fear.
Hope will be there till the end, it's wings of light will fly.
Hope is free, beautiful, may fade, but never will it die."

She finishes the poem and looks around at them.

"Each day we will mend. Those that we have lost, those that have suffered...lean to each other. We are here as a family. We are here for each other. Look to each other for support, and know that I will be here for you as well. Through thick and thin. It's okay to cry. It's okay to mourn. To feel as if we have felt. For we will be stronger after it. I promise you this. I will do all I can to brighten your hearts to the best of my ability should you all let me as we all heal- together."

She manages a smile to them all after speaking and goes off to the side, offering hugs and speaking softly with any who would talk to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions   Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions Empty

Back to top Go down

Morning Vespers, Quiet Confessions
Page 1 of 1