Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All quiet on the Western Front

Go down 
+7
DrunkenSolamnic
LadyWolfenstein
ADM Lightforge
Roveston
FFSDave
Kidoren
jalmynar
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jalmynar

jalmynar

All quiet on the Western Front Empty
PostSubject: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:35 pm

Thane Valtore leads thirty dwarves (their weapons and armor shine in the winder sunlight) along with a few wagons of supplies through Shadowdale out past the Moonmaiden chruch and government building. They set up camp by the pit and bridge. Quickly setting up tents and campfires. A large tent is erected which has a table and plans for defences of the area on it. The dwarves seem to be discussing plans with a tall human (Storm to those who know him), the Thane seems to have put him in Command.
Back to top Go down
Kidoren

Kidoren

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:48 pm

*After talking with the dwarves and Thane Valtore, Storm would start walking over the area, examining the actual distance from things while looking at a map of the area. He would mark certain spots, nodding to himself absently, and then see which way the river was running, (Want DM answer on this please.) and then returns back to the group and gets the basic camps set up. He goes back to the map, discussing plans with Thane and what defenses they could set up.*

"I should ask about holy water turned into steam clouds Thane. Me and Min were going to try it out on a couple of undead if we can find some."
Back to top Go down
FFSDave

FFSDave

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:59 pm

On the other side of the bridge they would find two dug trenches, a camp out side the ruins of the old temple, piles of materials and blue prints outlining the Tentacus Guild hall and the Western walls.  With the Blue prints there is an chemical formula for a new form of mortar made up of limestone and volcanic ash.  Titan, the Houses Iron Automaton stands guard over the materials.  There are a few skilled craftsmen about, if anyone asks they'd be directed to a larger tent and told to speak with their bosses.

Taken From House Tentacus >  General RP Sun 19 Oct 11:

Taken From House Tentacus >  General RP Wed 4 Feb 16:

Last edited by FFSDave on Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:17 pm

The dwarf camp would be on the side of the bridge closer to Shadowdale while the temple and other camp are on the far side. The dwarves seem intent on using the river as part of the defence so stay where they camped.
Back to top Go down
Kidoren

Kidoren

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:25 am

All throughout the days and nights coming ahead, Storm would be seen hauling as much material as he can to the encampment. Depending if they had enough wagons or not, Storm would ask around town to rent some wagons. He sets up four three-man teams for the loading and unloading of material, with a relief guard of eighteen to guard the camp. They worked well into the night this time, with Storm switching the teams out at regular intervals to keep progress going. All the while he would be looking over charts with Thane and whoever approached them when he wasn't working elsewhere. He would keep an eye out for Mineva, and ask the guards if they see her to report that Storm wanted to test out the project of turning holy water into steam to pass through undead bodies.*
Back to top Go down
Roveston

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:25 am

After hearing of the dwarves arrival, Lucent, now a Chancellor of the House of the Moonmaiden on behalf of the Selunite temple of Silverymoon, would reach Valtore, or Storm, or whoever he can find at the new temporary site, and offer them the terrace of the House in case they need a privileged higher observation spot, explaining that for the time being the building is focusing on the emergency thus all the cultural activities are suspended and a military approach is getting enforced.
Back to top Go down
Kidoren

Kidoren

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 2:02 am

There would be the sound of digging tonight as Storm and the dwarves began excavating a large pit, digging about six feet down and ten feet across near the river. While the digging was in progress, Storm would ask where the Halls gnome resident Jeeves was, and to send for him for a project. Storm continues digging while waiting for either Mineva or Jeeves to show up.*  
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 2:39 am

Valtore walks around nodding. He then informs Storm.he is returning to send Jeeves and begin researching the "other" defenses. ((Need a dm to RP the NPC Jeeves who was given to the guild))
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:22 am

Jeeves gets to work.
Back to top Go down
LadyWolfenstein

LadyWolfenstein

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 9:19 am

Silphie would hop down from one of the supply wagons, looking around at all the busy people for a moment while she straightened her dress after the bouncy ride. Heading to the Thane's side - joining Val as he walks around nodding all kingly like.
Back to top Go down
Kidoren

Kidoren

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 3:12 pm

ADM Lightforge wrote:
Jeeves gets to work.

*Storm would see Jeeves enter the camp and makes a beeline straight for him.*

"There ye are Jeeves. I need yer help."*He leads Jeeves to the pit and starts explaining.*

"I was wondering if we could make a pump fer this pit after we fill it with holy water. We could use some kind of pipe or tube to spray water out at a long distance with pressure from the pump. If it works we could have holy water spraying over the defenses, weakening or destroying zombies. We would have to try it with normal water first though. Think ye can build it with my help, Jeeves?"*Storm grins widely at him.*
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Bryanna just happens to be wandering by on her way down the west road for a patrol as she over hears this.

"Couldn't you use one of those partially functioning golems we brought back to work a billows and create the pressure?"
Back to top Go down
Kidoren

Kidoren

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 7:34 pm

*Storm flashes her a wide smile and waves her over.*

"That idea is worth a shot Bryanna, especially if we cant't get this pump built and working. Got any ideas fer other defenses?"
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:40 pm

Sylira Fry introduces herself to the commander as he assumes charge of the western environs. "I'm a priestess of Torm sir, and a member of the militia. I've been assigned to this area to help however is needed."  She helps with digging, guarding, and fetching with diligence. She also visits the House of the Moonmaid just nearby to make sure there would be room for any wounded. 

When she heard the talk of filling the pit with Holy Water she was deeply impressed. "Can you really fill this hole with blessed water, sir?  It's awfully big..."
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 9:21 pm

"My only other idea is that the wall should be built towards Central and this entire empty field be turned into a killing ground between the river and the wall."

"Oh hello Lira... Storm this is Lira.. she's my friend and one of my new men-at-arms.. she's awesome."
Back to top Go down
Z374

Z374

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 9:57 pm

In her usual lurking fashion, Mineva emerges from the bushes nearby, creeping up behind Storm...

Y'need a one-way valve.  Bryanna has a decent idea f'the working'a the billows but perhaps not as the sole thing needed f'pressure.

She sits down and sets her pack in her lap, drawing from it her usual notebook which appears rather full as she searches for an empty page.  

As far as the filling the hole...

Picks up her coal sliver for sketching.

...the trick is t'fill it then bless it, rather than blessing small amount then pouring them in. If we can sequester the water and get someone t'bless it we'll be set f'testing the other effects.

After a few minutes of sketching she hands the notebook over to Storm, showing him her concepts for a pump and an attached spigot for projecting the water.

Two.. one-way valves.

((Sketch to come soon))
Back to top Go down
http://sleepingwrath.deviantart.com/gallery/
Kidoren

Kidoren

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:16 pm

*Storm would flash a smile at the two.*

"Another man-at-arms? *He waggles his eyebrows at Bryanna.* "How many are ye planning on acquiring? *Storm turns to Sylira.*A pleasure to meet ye. Lira. Th' names Storm, and by the gods, even if I have to learn how to and do it meself, I will make these pits full of holy water. If my idea works, I plan on three other pits."

As fer the whole killing ground idea Bryanna, I'd prefer if we could stop them from crossing the river at all, but if they do then this will become a killing ground."

*He grimaces as he says that and looks back over the progress, his eyes eventually finding Mineva creeping up.*

"There ye are Min." He takes the notebook from Min when she hands it to him, looking at it intently.*"I'll get these valves made when I can Min. I'd like ye to double-check em when I'm done though.  Think ye can stay around to test out the holy steam? Maybe we can bring Bryanna along to rough handle the undead. *He hands Mineva her notebook back.* "I'd also like a copy of this sketch, or can I tear this page out?"
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Valtore is off talking to Silphie and watching the workers in the pit. Now that Jeeves is here he stays at the site longer. He brings over the plans he had for a few trebuchets that could fire clay balls filled with flaming oil or holy water over the river. He listens in on Storm's plans and nods kingly.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:36 pm

Lira grinned a little as Storm greeted her and made the inevitable Bryanna jest. She considered Mineva's words and her eyes widened. "I hadn't thought of that...I don't see why it wouldn't work."  She tapped her chin with a finger, unconsciously smearing it with mud from digging. 

"I'll get a channel dug from the river to this pit. Then we use some wood to form a gate.  Let water flow in when we need, stop when it's full. Then I'll see if a blessing will affect the whole of it..."
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:40 am

Bryanna shakes her head. "As many as I feel are necessary to have a reliable squad I can call up and take needful action with."
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 7:13 pm

The priestess took a break from digging and wiped her brow. "This will keep you warm ."  She chuckled and gave the hole a thoughtful glance. "The water will seep into the ground here and maybe collapse the pit, eventually...I know!"  She gestured to one of the other militia members and gave him a small pouch of gold. 'Go to the merchant post and purchase a whole lot of cloaks. And make sure that they are well oiled. We'll line the hole with them before letting the water in. That should keep things relatively tidy."  She then went back to digging with renewed enthuiasm.
Back to top Go down
Z374

Z374

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 3:08 pm

Mineva looked to the priestess and halted the militiaman.

If we wall the pit with iron rods and wooden planks it'll hold it's shape and the shape'a the pit much easier than a bunch'a flimsy cloaks. Also, if we pitch it and seal the pit with what would be in essence a large bucket.. we could have one side as a sliding door, like a portcullis but solid.  That way the water will be sequestered and can be blessed without fear'a it being diluted.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 3:24 pm

All quiet on the Western Front Conchobhar%20Turlach%20Shortstone

One of the hired help sent in by Asha and near enough to hear the conversation cocks his head. he is a young gnome, and apparently a fairly skilled crafter by the name of... Tomic, Farthing, Fariey Weather, orcslayer, Maidsbane!

Or simply Tom to most. Looking up at Mineva he would cock his head and twist his long and fance mustash. "Sooo where are you planning on getting all this holy water from. do you have it stock piled in barrels someplace?"
Back to top Go down
Z374

Z374

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 3:31 pm

She perks a brow. Y'get some of the water isolated then y'have a priest 'r paladin bless it.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:58 pm

All quiet on the Western Front Conchobhar%20Turlach%20Shortstone

Hope you have a ritual team of at least 30 odd then, that are willing to recast every day!"

Tom says with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   All quiet on the Western Front Empty

Back to top Go down

All quiet on the Western Front
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next