Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole

Go down 
+7
DrunkenSolamnic
halfcentaur
Dave Fritz
adaywithoutrain
Archimedes
Kaalos003
Roveston
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roveston

Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole Empty
PostSubject: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 10:25 am

When not busy at the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Lucent is working with Sophia of the House of Plenty around the desolate pit. He seems to continuously retouch a drawing, paying much attention to the choice of colors, while the woman goes back and forth from the Chauntean temple to show him several saplings and flowers. The two discuss quietly and seem to be both much involved into the project, each contributing with the different skills they own.

Last edited by Roveston on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:37 am

Taking care of how she handles the saplings and flowers, which are potted, from the shrubbery in the Temple Gardens, Sophia would eventually tell the Selunité, Jay that when Brother Trip returns that the three of them could work out the plan in further detail. Admiring his detail to the project she merely smiles, occasionally as she would walk back and forth with the plants he would hear her speaking to the plants and saplings in an "elven-like" tongue ((learning Sylvan, so it would sound a bit off))
Back to top Go down
Roveston

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 6:53 pm

A pinned announcement appears on the billboard:

Selunites and Chaunteans are volunteering
to give new life to the desolate pit behind the auction house.

Please reach me in case you wish to lend your aid, I may be looking
for people willing to assist with saplings and carpentry.

L.M.
Jay
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 7:22 pm

Of course Cleo would be there every day, after his morning training, bringing plants from his garden at home to add some color, according to Jay's plans.

Some mornings, he would show up early to sanctify the site with prayer. On those days, he'd eagerly volunteer for any heavy lifting or digging, even though he'd likely not be the best for the job, and he'd cheerily work as hard as he possibly could, for as long as he could, until sweat poured from his brow and he stumbled from his efforts.

Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 7:34 pm

During the times Leeora isn't watching over Milo in the Temple, she can be found around the pit as well. She seems to be carrying a fairly large sack. Upon peering into this sack, however, one would find that it is full of many other sacks, each with a letter painted on the side. Each one seems to have a different type of seed/bulb. The sacks are labeled the following: M, R, S, A, L.

She sets the sack down and positions the sacks in rows together, before going back to the House of Plenty and fishing for some gardening tools. Once she is able to procure some, she makes her way back outside and uses a small hand-shovel to begin to dig little holes, likely for flowers.

A keen eye is kept on Cleo as he works. When he seems to require it, she makes her way inside and fills a waterskin, then goes to him and hands it over.
Back to top Go down
Roveston

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 6:38 am

As preparations take off, Lucent would be seen working the land shirtlessly under the sun of Flamerule, making room for the flowers that everyone brings, digging enough to change the overall shape of the old dwarven sinkhole, trying several dyes to retouch the gazebo and lifting the fences to place them later in a slightly different location. He wouldn't seem particularly affected or fatigued by the heat and his scaley spine would suggest why.

While leaving the real planting and carpentry to the others, he would simply use his supernatural strength to follow their instructions, also making sure that his mate doesn't push himself too much in which case he would suggest him to take a break, when they would discuss the drawing depicting the final result.
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 6:52 am

Leaving the temple that morning, with a cart in tow, Sophia has several plants and sapling, pitchforks, rakes, shovels & spades. Arriving at the site, Sophia would look to Jay and point out the plants and saplings and naming them

" Well the saplings, there are rowan, oak, chestnut, beech, birch, ash, willow & yew. I chose these for their direct link not only in nature but their meaning too. Yew is a tree that wards of undeath, as it is found mostly in unaffected graveyards; Chestnut , ash, Birch and copper beech because they are trees of colour and grace; Rowan is a charming tree, both reasons are that it is a protective tree and that its wood when fallen is still hardy. Willow I chose because it is a tree for romance."

Moving next to the plants she would point them out

"Here we have Wolfsbane otherwise called Hemlock, it is poisonous to Lycanthrophy, but can be harvested to cure such an affliction, next there are Blood rose, Honeysuckle, Marshmallow, Foxglove,  Daisy and Mandrake, oh and that is Gold Clover. Honeysuckle and Marshmallow can be used in food and alchemy alike to strenght ones conviction and will, Foxglove yes, is deadly in high amounts but in the right strenght can be used to keep the dying from deaths clutches, until they are properly mended. Daisy and Mandrake are seditives for ailments,and Blood Rose becuase of its link to Chauntea, I found it to be appealing for the tuberous bloom."
Back to top Go down
Dave Fritz

Dave Fritz

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am

Justin walks by the construction site. Spying Jay, he waves and calls him over. "When you have a moment, Jay, I'd be glad of a conversation about your faith and your Lady. No rush, just when you have the time."

((( OOC Justin is thinking of adopting Selune as a Deity. )))
Back to top Go down
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:04 pm

As Leeora listens to Sophia explain all of the saplings and alchemical plants she has brought, her eyes light up with happiness.

"You are such a helpful, wonderful person. Those are going to be so useful! I'm afraid I myself know nothing of alchemy...but...I did bring lots of pretty flowers!"

Motioning to the labeled bags of seeds and bulbs, she explains with an excited eye.

"There's Morning Glories, Roses, Sunflowers, Asters, and Lilies. Granted, they really aren't too much besides something beautiful to look at, but they smell lovely and their bright colors are truly something to behold. Hm...I wonder..."

Thinking deeply for a few moments, she stands from her work.

"I will be back in a few!"

She gives a farewell wave and heads towards the merchants, speaking with them softly, a bright smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Looking to Leeora she lightly laughs, pleasantly and modest

"My dear, you did more than bring pretty flowers and plants, you brought life, that will spread, when nurtured. Now as for Morning Glory. . . " Sophia would look impressed ".. . these flowers can bloom into gold, blue, red often a pinkish tint and even Purple. I had not thought of Morning Glory, but well done on you. Honestly are you sure you arent a gardener, becuase it is a difficult flower to maintain, if left to grow wild it spreads out enveloping an area. or even climbing up the trunk of a tree."
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

halfcentaur

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:47 pm

*Trip checks his corner of the House of Plenty gardens where he had planted his special pipe weed over a year ago to find the plants out of control and taller than him. He wanders over to the planting activity by the sinkhole and quietly asks Sophia...*

Think I can plant some of these um... medicine herbs... over here?

*the plant has 5 jagged leaves and smells lightly like a skunk*

Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 3:59 pm

Looks at him then to the plant, bursts out laughing

"Well Brother, if you think that it would lighten the mood and hearts of the people, then by all mean, go ahead"

If asked by any others why she is laughing, she would say that it was joke she remembered from a long time ago
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 4:45 pm

Later, as Cleo is pulling weeds and doing some light landscaping, he sees the smelly green weed and remembers Trip bringing it by.

"Odd. Does this even flower?"

He snaps a stem and sniffs at it, pondering. "Ah, yes. I remember. It's used for patients with chronic pain."

He looks over at the Ex-Zhent woman working some distance away and remembers her laughter. "Laughing at people's pain. Typical."

Absently rubbing one shoulder, and twisting his head to pop his neck, Cleo takes note of his own body, aching from constant training.

"I'm sure no one will mind if I take a leaf or two for my soreness. It'll make a passable tea, with some mint, I suspect."

Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

halfcentaur

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 4:58 pm

*Trip is working on planting his beloved "greens" and smiles to Cleo*

If it flowers it's too late to use... and you only need ONE leaf of that strain in your tea my friend.

*His eyes happy .... and glassy red*
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:11 pm

Bryanna would wander up to the group working, bringing with her a tray of chilled mint tea and cups as well as a few jugs of water for when the tea is gone.

"I brought something cool for everyone to drink... and how else can I help?"
Back to top Go down
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:24 pm

After away for some time, she comes back with a small pouch, a quite large smile on her face. She strides up victoriously to Cleo and grins wide, whispering to him.

"I found Moon Flowers. Do you think Jay would be alright with me planting some?"

She triumphantly shows him the bulbs of the flower which is known to bloom only in the light of the moon.
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Cleo grins and lifts his left hand, palm toward himself, back of the hand toward her, showing the ring on his ring finger, in the shape of a moon flower, or Ipomea.

"Ah, the Ipomea. Such a wonderful bloom that it's called by both moon and morning. Some call it Moon Flower, you see, and others call it Morning Glory, so it has naturally been a blossom dear to our hearts," he says, beaming.

"So no. He surely will not mind. I'll be back to help you plant them after I've taken a short break for tea."
Back to top Go down
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 9:41 pm

A smile from her face as she looks at the ring.

"I always thought there were two kinds. Morning Glories, then Moon Flowers. One to bloom in the day, one to bloom in the night. Regardless, they are so beautiful. I will wait to plant them until you get back. I promise!"

She beams and takes a small hand shovel, beginning to dig small holes around the area, preparing for the seeds.
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 11:04 am

Looking up from her transplanting of saplings, shrubs and flowers, Sophia , would poke Trip in the side, joking over the plants he was growing. after a while Sophia looks in Cleophus' directions and seeing the frown/scowl on his face, she would wander over to him

"Is there something wrong Dawnlord? You should not stress yourself out, this short after you ordeal"
Back to top Go down
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:28 pm

After she has dug some seeds, she had left to complete her community service. Once this was finished, she made her way to don her armor and prepare. A few people may know where she is going, but she otherwise doesn't say a word and slowly makes her way out of town.
Back to top Go down
Roveston

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:39 am

Days later, the pit is slowly shaping into a perfect circle and several wooden poles are being sticked into the ground, clearly to work as the foundation of a very light construction that involves the nearby gazebo.

Following the project, Lucent would suggest the people to start planting around the borders and especially around the northern side, wondering whether if it's possible to move a few trees closer to the pit unless the others have a better idea to make the seeds grow faster.

He would also ask both his mate and Sophia what to do to make sure new, fresh water spills from the land, enough to fill the pit, when it's all done.
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:55 pm

((If allowed by DM's, this is a ritual casting of the cleric cantrip and Paladin level 1 spell Create Water: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ))

Cleo would write to Leeora, Elric, Alex, and the Chauntean Trip Kindred. If they are able and willing, he would gather them along with the 13 Dawn Knights still residing in Shadowdale ((pending dm approval)) and anyone Trip wanted to bring.

Cleo would make no effort to invite the former Zhent Sophia, who once threatened his life and bragged of her slaughter of Lathanderites. If she happened to be around, Cleo would consent to her participation only on Trip's word.

They would gather near the pond just after sunrise and chant the words to the holy ritual, letting the pond slowly fill with water that comes up from the deeper ground, flowing upward as the morning sun shines down on it, causing it to glint and glimmer with the bubbling promise of new life.

((At his caster level, and maxing out his cantrips, Cleo could create 400 gallons of water per day like this, if I'm reading it correctly. If present, the others could add quite a lot to this amount. ))
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:46 pm

Sophia isn't around, she seems to be elsewhere
Back to top Go down
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 2:51 am

Receiving the letter, Leeora makes her way to the sinkhole, her formal Sunrobe worn and her hair shining in the sunlight. Upon kneeling by the hole and chanting with the others, her hands outstretch in front of her, eyes closed. After the water is created, she continues chanting, blessing the water before them.

"I exorcise thee, oh creature of water, of all negativity both seen and unseen, and bless thee in the name of our Morninglord. I ask for the cleansing of this water in the name of the Morninglord, Watcher of Dawn, Lord of Life. May it flow and aid to foster new life within the soil it feeds. Blessed is the water of renewal, Blessed is the Light that shines upon it, Blessed is the cycle of life before us."

A serene expression rests on her face as she chants these words, obviously attempting to bless the water before them. Whether or not it does anything, she continues the chant.
Back to top Go down
Roveston

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 1:02 pm

Meanwhile Lucent has hired a guy, Setzer, to watch over the desolate pit so no one messes with the ongoing planting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole   Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole Empty

Back to top Go down

Crescent Rose Spring - Giving life to the old dwarven sinkhole
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next