Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Indefinite break

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

Indefinite break Empty
PostSubject: Indefinite break   Indefinite break EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 4:29 am

I am taking an indefinite break from this server because of the constant negativity of the DM team towards me.

The story is the following: I have been DMing on this server and saw what was going on behind the scenes and at the start I was impressed how well the staff worked out. After three staff members left things started to get worse. I have been dealing with players and what is called "their negativity" a lot but it was not what caused me to leave the DM team. The behavior of certain members of the staff caused me to stop DMing.

Now I voice my criticism as a players as I thought is my right. I didn't break the forum rules and I tried to write it in a polite manner. What I got was the admin treating it like forum venting, trying to shut me down and causing a huge drama of it. Now I see him making insinuations in a thread of another DM who is leaving, to incite the player base against other players which I see as disrespect towards the other DM and only spreading more negativity. This is just too much, sorry.

I don't want to play on a server where I am slave to the whims of one single person.

PS: Please lock this thread to avoid more drama.

Last edited by Falling Leaf on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fincaen

Indefinite break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indefinite break   Indefinite break EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 4:38 am

Stepping away for a bit is sometimes the best solution.
Back to top Go down
Sylvver

Sylvver

Indefinite break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indefinite break   Indefinite break EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 5:50 am

Sorry to see you go, and I hope you have fun in whatever you do before you (obviously) return to us ;p.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but I'll say that as an onlooker from the side and rereading through the last two days of open arguments (and those beforehand), I'm getting a feeling that both sides have gotten to the point where they see anything and everything as a veiled (or direct) insult against them.
I know it is hard, but if you see a post that you think is an attack against you - try to think if this post can be viewed otherwise. Would it still irk you as much if the same post was made by a new player you have never met? Could you be reading too much into it because you've grown to expect insults from that poster?

I hope some distance and time will help you see things differently, and that you will indeed eventually come back.

On a side note, with the hope that this will not lead to derailment, when criticism and suggestions are offered I would suggest that people first look at their contents and only then at the person offering them. It doesn't matter if someone is offering a suggestion because he has a 'bone to pick' or a hidden agenda - his arguments may still be valid, and to dismiss them based only on the fact that they were raised by a person with specific circumstances is both fallacious and leads to needless drama.
Back to top Go down
KSC

Indefinite break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indefinite break   Indefinite break EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 11:55 am

I got to agree. Sorry your leaving.

Agree with you to Sylvver.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

Indefinite break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indefinite break   Indefinite break EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 12:03 pm

Falling asked to lock this thread so I am doing so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Indefinite break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indefinite break   Indefinite break Empty

Back to top Go down

Indefinite break
Page 1 of 1