Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Borrowing Indefinitely

Go down 
+3
Hateful_Envy
Fincaen
DM Anubis
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DM Anubis

DM Anubis

Borrowing Indefinitely Empty
PostSubject: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 10:45 pm

PREFACE

I love rogue-type stuff. Some of my fondest RP moments were on a server that placed heavy emphasis on rogue gameplay, and I felt like we could use some more of it. So I'm going to give this a shot and see how it goes. To ensure my complete attention, I'm going to run this on one of the following days: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and/or Sundays. Time will be discussed. I'm aiming for shorter time periods, 2 hours, 3 max depending on what we get done.

SET UP

You lovely little group of degenerates and thieves, newly brought into the fold, you're been trained in the basics of your craft and have been sent out to the dalelands during an upsurge in goods and shiny stuff that's been passing through to hone your craft under the supervision of a senior rogue-type father or mother figure. The guild you've been doing work for was never really disclosed to you due to circumstances outside of your control but the pay's been good, and they seem to be really well connected, so why complain?

As of late though, strange stuff is afoot. Your dead drops have been getting a little out of hand, conflicting instructions and empty letters with strange images becoming the norm, so it's up to you to figure out what's going on, and if you happen make a little coin on the side, then all the better!

GUIDELINES

• This is a cloak and dagger / rogue centric experiment, choose your classes accordingly. Mind you, any class can be involved (well... not -any- class obviously, lookin' at you, pallies!) can be involved, they'd have to to have a good reason to be working with rogues and assassins, etc. The muscle, the face, and the brains, etc, that sort of thing.
  • Looking for 4 or 5 people, Max.
  • Send me your starting Character info via PM. Tell me a little bit about the character and how they got into the underworld.
  • This will be a Hardcore mode type event. Meaning, Death is permanent. Around every corner, under every stone and courtesan's skirt, DEATH AWAITS. Build carefully. If your toon dies, you'll be allowed to reroll another character once or twice to allowed others to join. If there's no interest, i'll probably just let you continue playing.
  • Characters will start at lvl 1 or 2 (whatever their race allows for). Rewards will scale with event, and I have plans for the toons that survive. Details that'll be disclosed at the end.
  • Also, if you wanna keep a journal, feel free to do so, I'll start a new thread for journal entries. You don't have to do it, but it'd be a nice little opportunity to get some extra xp. Nothing game breaking, just a little something to say thanks for investing in your toon. They can be secret (PM them) or open. Or both. Secret journals will be revealed at the end of the story.

IMPORTANT

This will -Not- be combat heavy. Combat will be involved, but this is primarily a little intrigue, teamwork, betrayal and judicious use of character jobs to get a job done. RP heavy, Story Heavy, Intrigue Heavy, Heavy... Heavy. So no rushing! If you want to know if you can do something like setting something on fire, punching a nun in the throat, etc (rolls go without saying), PM me so you don't telegraph your intent and we'll work it out.

I'd make you guys sign an NDA if I could, but in lieu of that, please remember the nature of the event and try not to spoil things for those not in the event as I'll be doing posts about the after effects of the player's decisions. They'll just be really vague.

Final note! I will be making stuff up. I have traps in mind that borrow their rules from already established traps and what have you, but I will be making stuff up to fit this. Keep this in mind if you run into something you don't know or understand. My intent is to keep you guys on your toes and provide a little bit of fun. If something happens that you're not sure how you feel about it, make a note and bring it up to me at the end. That's it. That's all I got for right now.

If you want to participate, just list the hours you're good with on the days listed above and we'll see what happens.

Borrowing Indefinitely Rogue10

Last edited by DM Anubis on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 11:47 am

I'm available weekdays after 6PM CST and weekends all day mostly. Can I use a character I already have in game, Tasker Leah?

Back to top Go down
Fincaen

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 1:49 pm

Im down for this. I'll get my character info to you tomorrow. Any time on any of those days works for me.
Back to top Go down
DM Anubis

DM Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 2:44 pm

My bad, I have to make a small edit. I'd like to start with brand new lvl 1 or 2 characters since this all events will have the perma thing hanging over their heads. Rewards will given out accordingly and I have plans for those that survive till the end.
Back to top Go down
Fincaen

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 2:56 pm

Aw dang, i was hoping to bring my level 6 guild thief along. I suppose I can make a new one though.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 5:03 pm

Ok got a new one on the way.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 6:06 pm

I hope there is more than just us 2!!!
Back to top Go down
Hateful_Envy

Hateful_Envy

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 9:49 pm

I would be interested in making a new character for this only problem is the days listed for events.
Back to top Go down
DM Anubis

DM Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 10:38 pm

I'd love the be more flexible but that's not a possibility at this moment =\. I get home from work around 9:45pm ish, eastern, which for many, an event around that time would be too late. If those who sign up for the event are cool with something that late, then that opens up some possibilities, but we'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Hateful_Envy

Hateful_Envy

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 1:02 am

I get off work at 2230 pacific time I could come into the events later if the night time works out. Otherwise I only have the weekends off and can do any time then.
Back to top Go down
HexBladerX

HexBladerX

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 12:19 pm

Hello,

This kind of RP would be very interesting to me, however my availability would be from 9h30pm (EST) to 11h30pm (EST) (I do need to wake up at 5h30am so midnight would be an absolute stretch).

Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 10:11 pm

There may be times on tues and weds when I won't be available. Sundays would be much more reliable.
Back to top Go down
DM Anubis

DM Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 10:19 pm

So far, seems like we'll be rocking the sunday schedule, just gonna wait another day or two to see if we can get one more. If not, we have 4 which is fine. We'll set a time and go from there. In the mean time, If you haven't sent me your character with their bio and the usuals, please do =).

(Bio doesn't have to be crazy, just enough of a start to explain why they're living the underworld life.)
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 7:12 am

afternoon or evening?
Back to top Go down
Jarxan

Jarxan

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 2:03 pm

If you still need one more, I'd love to do this! I can do the stated time.
Back to top Go down
DM Anubis

DM Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 2:09 pm

I'm good either way. I'll be closing the roster tomorrow. Quick little note, when you send in your bio, if there's an item from your character's background you'd like to have, let me know. We'll be using starter gear from the NPC in the OOC room, but if there's a momento of some sort, heirloom dagger (no bonuses, but want a custom description), locket, holdable item (like your lucky grappling hook that's missing one of it's hooks) or what have you, let me know via PM and I'll make the items before we start.

Yes, there may be opportunity to customize and upgrade said items, hence why they're starting off as vanilla items. We'll have to see how this pans out :3.

So we have our 5. Everyone seems to be ok for Sunday, but as I don't wanna take up your sunday night, we'll shoot for a time between 12pm - 2pm (starting times). Shooting for a 1-2 hour sessions.

Let me know your thoughts on the time and we'll start this sunday =). Send me your bios if you haven't (You too Jarxan Very Happy)!

Also, if you wanna keep a journal, feel free to do so, I'll start a new thread for journal entries. You don't have to do it, but it'd be a nice little opportunity to get some extra xp. Nothing game breaking, just a little something to say thanks for investing in your toon. They can be secret (PM them) or open. Or both. Secret journals will be revealed at the end of the story.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 7:32 pm

What Time zone?
Back to top Go down
DM Anubis

DM Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 10:28 pm

Est
Back to top Go down
Fincaen

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Hey Anubis, I'll get my bio to your friday or saturday. Sorry to put it off so late but ive been busy this week. Tomorrow I finally get a bit of breathing room.
Back to top Go down
DM Anubis

DM Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 4:11 pm

Pffft no worries from me, I get them when I get them. As long as it's by Saturday or early Sunday so I can make my spreadsheet thingamajig.
Back to top Go down
Fincaen

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 4:53 pm

bio is sent. 12pm eastern is a bit early for me to play on sundays though (9 am for me). 1pm-2pm eastern should work though.
Back to top Go down
Jarxan

Jarxan

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 6:26 pm

I'm still writing up my Bio, I'll get it to you probably later tonight or early tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
DM Anubis

DM Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 3:31 am

Ok, lets play it by ear then. We can try for 1-2pm Est then. Worst case scenario, we postpone till next sunday, and just set up the characters tomorrow and have a sort of Q&A session so you guys can ask me whatever you want to know about the campaign. Let me know what you guys would prefer. Postpone, or wing it around 1 or 2?
Back to top Go down
Fincaen

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 4:02 am

Ill definitely be around at 1-2.
Back to top Go down
Jarxan

Jarxan

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 9:32 am

1 or 2 works for me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Borrowing Indefinitely   Borrowing Indefinitely Empty

Back to top Go down

Borrowing Indefinitely
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next