Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A sight at Shadowdale Woods

Go down 
+4
star23_16
Badgerthej
Fyra
Hasbeengoing
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fyra

A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 12:33 pm

The small woman wrinkled her nose, eyes remaining upon Uragu long enough to see that the gensai is winning, so far. May's words return her attention fully to the body of the almost familiar, skeletal form, and she stepped to where Leo was dropped unceremoniously. His head was at an angle that made it clear the neck had been broken. 'Well, you can't have everything perfect, right?' The thought was accompanied by a sigh.

"Well, t'fella is still dead, so e'en iffen he woz torn apart, ain't like it'd matter much." She replied to May, stepping forward to the body. With a sharp dagger, she cut what remained of the plant from Leo's body, careful to not catch herself upon any of the thorns, and then grabbed an arm and began to tug the body free of the plants remains, slowly. Due to the lack of body mass, the task was slightly easier than it could have been, but the comical sight of the hin-sized wizard dragging a full sized humanoid could still be rather amusing to the observers.

As soon as she is free of the plants thorns, she would rifle through the remaining pockets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 12:53 pm

There is not much found in the pockets except of un-withering leaf of the Dnylis Tree. But in his backpack Jewel could find a bottle of fresh milk, wands, and a jar labeled as salt. There is box with potions and grenades. On his skull there is a magical circlet of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Skeptical_Bunny

Skeptical_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Lily pulls a bundle of arrows from her quiver, placing them in her bow hand, then nocks two more arrows, but doesn't draw her bow. She's ready to fire again should the creature move. That seemed a bit too easy..
Back to top Go down
star23_16

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 1:11 pm

May give a glance toward Uragu and Lilly for a moment then then look toward Shimmer with a mutter.

"Well it does matter, bringing back a torn apart body take more then just bringing one back in a whole body."

She watches Shimmer dragging the body free, giving a faint smirk under the mask briefly at the sight before adjusting the gloves one by one. "I suppose the question truly is, do you know someone who able to do try and do it?."

May then glances around bit paranoid and onguard.
Back to top Go down
Sa'Kage

Sa'Kage

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 1:21 pm

Hawkley, a common sight.. Or sight unseen.. in the Woods would sneak his way up. Hidden to the eyes of all, the man would look at the body from afar.. Appraising it, he had seen many a beast and corpse before in his life; And somehow always found the time to look-over each. Death was as important as life after-all.
Back to top Go down
Fyra

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 1:23 pm

She finished digging through the pack, and scowls. Between the catnip and the milk, there was little doubt in her mind as to who it was. And it made her inclination to see if his spirit was still able to be called back to his body larger. Desoite the craziness and eccentric nature of the Lyons, she knew them as allies, and Leo in particular she could even perhaps be a little fond of. Not that she would ever admit to such.

Looking at May, she wrinkled her nose again. "Well, I got a figuring uv who he be. As fer a folk t'see iffen he c'n be called back... That I ought t'find. Seems like its just his neck bein' broke. GOod healer c'n fix that. " She mutters about clerics never beig around when you need them.
Back to top Go down
Ivy

Ivy

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 1:36 pm

As May'katcha glances around bit paranoid and on guard, she could see the woman in red hair standing behind her just few meters. It was Ivy just arriving to the scene. Her green eyes studying the sight before her. As she sees ice pieces and body being looted, she was quick to ask Shimmer and May'katcha with accusing tone: What did you two do to this poor ... whatever it was?
Back to top Go down
Fyra

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 1:42 pm

Her ever suspicious gaze snapped over to Ivy. "Wot, y'think I'm some sort uv life-sucker, leaf-lady? IT was yon plant that drained him, 'n wote'er scorpion snake thing that Uragu's chewin on o'er there!" She stuffed the milk and salt back into the pack. "Seein' wot a folk carries c'n make it known who they be when they are unrecognizable."

Glowering, she continued to mutter about people accusing folk before they know the whole of a situation.
Back to top Go down
Ivy

Ivy

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Once directed at the plant and Uragu, Ivy gasps, but it does not really suit her to act surprised, she has seen far worse things than this. From the safe distance Ivy examines remains of the plant, and the creature that Uragu is having snack from, before she turns back to Shimmer: What happened here? These look demonic in origin. The Circle lured demonic plague to these lands just few months ago, but I was informed that they dealt with the problem. Did you manage to identify the victim?
Back to top Go down
Fyra

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 2:07 pm

Jewel stands up straight to her towerin height of just under three feet tall, and glowers even more at Ivy. "Ain't got nuthin t'do wit' t'Circle. Any one uv 'em would have a fit, finding this here. Demonic or not, it's being taken care uv, 'n' who this bloke be ain't none uv yer business." She put her hands on her hips, wrinklin her nose up at Ivy. "So, unless yer intendin t'help see iffen this fella's spirit is still lurkin' nearby enuff t'get back in his body 'n be healed, why dun't ya just move along 'n' bugger off, hm?"

Rude, most definitely, she puts herself between Leo's body and Ivy, quite clearly staking claim to whoever it is, and taking control of what happens to him as well.
Back to top Go down
Badgerthej

Badgerthej

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 2:17 pm

uragu falls oblivious to the sounds around her as she happily grunts and chuffs taking her time to eat, Ice bones scales and all dissapear slowly into teh giant as she crunches and chews on her prize.

any approaching her while eating woud be warned with a deep rumble.
Back to top Go down
Ivy

Ivy

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Ivy attempts to conceal irritated expression of her face created by interaction with the rude halfling, before she speaks back to her with way to innocent voice to be real: Of course I will be more than happy to offer my help, I am glad to hear that my expertise is finally wanted. I offered my help to the Circle and this land many times in the past. All I ever wanted is healthy life of this land after I escaped Cormanthor that was destroyed by undead. This is my new home and demonic activities are not welcomed here. Whose spirit should I be looking for? Ivy steps towards the victim before she is intercepted by Shimmer.
Back to top Go down
Sa'Kage

Sa'Kage

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 3:02 pm

"The Circle did no such thing."

Out stepped the man known as Hawkley. He wore no hood and mask; So the frusterated contortion of his face was easily seen. He paid no mind to Ivy's accusatory statements further as he looked down upon Leo.

"What happened to you, my friend?"

Though, as all would know- A corpse gives no answers. Just like that, the mans Falcon-like eyes began to search the nearby area. Signs, tracks.. Anything!

"Please.. Bring him back to this world, this mans job is not finished."

Speaking to those present, the mans back remained turned as he scoured each detail.
Back to top Go down
Fyra

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 3:39 pm

For the moment, Shimmer remained between Ivy and Leo, not trusting the red-haired woman. She stiffened at Hawk's appearance, but then seemed to relax. Another that she knew and could even say she liked. Her voice came in explanation. "I found him hangin' in t'thorny bush y'see scattered 'bout. Uragu over there is eatin' at wote'er it was in t'roots that woz drainin' him. Came out after Uragu ripped him free uv t'thorns."

As if remembering something, she dug under her cloak, pulling out a thick rod(Rod of Resurrection). She muttered as she activated the magic within it, and jabbed at Leo's distorted ribs with it, waiting for the life to return to his body expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Skeptical_Bunny

Skeptical_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 3:49 pm

Lily glances around staying on guard, she nods to Hawklay in a greeting, but ignores Ivy completely. She glances over the body and then to Shimmer as she pull out the thick rod. Would be better if we get a priest, or priestess to do this, it's not always those things work right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 3:54 pm

The magic of the rod is easily activated, however, it does not seem to be effective. The best it could do is heal a bit of the corpse towards more recognizable state, and fix the broken neck. But it still remains corpse and no life was brought back to it.
Back to top Go down
Fyra

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 4:26 pm

The hin frowned. grumbling about magic and how things never work how you want when you need them to. She hit the rod a couple times before tucking it away, and then she looked to Ivy. "So. You c'n stick his spirit back in t'body then, yea?"

A bit grudgingly, she moved out of the way, allowing Ivy closer to Leo, but hovering, suspicious. After a moment, she provides his name. "His name's Leo." She wrinkled her nose, looking a bit sulky, as though she resented allowing anyone near to the corpse.
Back to top Go down
Ivy

Ivy

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 pm

Ivy looks down at Shimmer annoyed, glances at revealing Hawkley listening to his statement and then studies the attempt of resurrection. Fine, I see you have everything under control ... isn't that Leo? Oh poor thing ... and you told me this has nothing to do with the Circle. I do not think that lies can help anyone here especially my dear friend Leo, who taught me the errors of my ways. Ivy places her hand on her chest, as she continues to speak: It pains me to see innocent people end up in this condition, who, just like myself, want to grow health and beauty to this world. And that their falls only benefit the looters. Ivy then turns to Hawkley: We are in Shadowdale Woods, the Circle member has been killed by a demonic creature, and his soul probably claimed by fiends, obviously spark of magic that this resurrection rod can provide will never be enough. And once again I am prevented to offer my aid. This has happened way too often on this land. But believe me, I fully understand why you blindly defend the Circle despite of all evidence and the pattern we have presented here today. I just wish you could gather the courage from your heart and express your feelings towards Archdruidess instead. If anything I learned from my friend Dash, who is a Sunite, it is that you should not hide from others when you love them. You spent long enough of your time in shadows, it is time to step up to the light. Ivy then turns back to the two with hands on her hips, and she continues to speak to them after a short pause, without showing her face to them: I believe that this task belongs to a far more advanced healer, since for whatever reason, you do not wish me to be one. The lady that was helping the very creature that is eating that thing. She motions towards Uragu. Her name is Laura, and last I heard she is in the Shadowdale town. Perhaps the best idea would be to take this body and ... bring it to the town ... to her. Ivy slightly turns her head to look over her shoulder with her green eyes at Shimmer and Hawkley. Of course my offer still stands, you can surrender body to me, and I shall perform the ritual away from your distractions. I know not of a third option.
Back to top Go down
Fyra

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 5:04 pm

Jewel's nose wrinkles further, her expression a familiar scowl as Ivy speaks. She obviously doesn't buy into the kind, innocent manner of the woman. Her thoughts are obviously racing, and then she looked to Ivy. "Ain't lettin' him outta my sight. There's always a third option. I dun't trust Shadowdale, 'n' I dun't trust you wit' him neither. Too convenient. Hawk!" She calls out to the man, beckoning him over and gesturing him down to murmur in his ear.

For those with good hearing:

She gestures to Leo as she speaks, staring up at the ranger, waiting for his response.
Back to top Go down
Sa'Kage

Sa'Kage

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 5:35 pm

"The light only makes a shadow darker."

The man said back to Ivy; A cryptic phrase, but some may understand what the Woodsman mean. He looked to Ivy, a moment of thought, before he spoke once more.

"I do not distrust you. Though you've given me very little reason to trust you. Therefore, I will remain ever neutral to your stance as of now. Forgive me for that."

Green eyes then turned towards Shimmer, whom he walked towards with the softest of steps. He then said, to all present.

"This man has family.. Family like no others do - Many of whom drip with magic. I would like to bring him to them first. Let them decide."

He looked between each at that point, even down to Shimmer once more.

"Do we all agree?"
Back to top Go down
Ivy

Ivy

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 6:23 pm

At Hawkley's idea, Ivy would smile and agree maybe way too fast. You will not have me disagree on that. Not that it is me who decides anyway, but it is nice of you to ask. I believe your idea is wonderful. Take him to his loved ones. They deserve to know of his fate.
Back to top Go down
Skeptical_Bunny

Skeptical_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 6:59 pm

Lily listens to Ivy go on and on and just shakes her head at it. She looks Hawkley as he speak and nods in agreement with him. Besides.. Leo doesn't seem to like the thought of being close to Shadowdale and taking him into Shadowdale would just be doing wrong on him. We need to find Maya and let her take it from there.
Back to top Go down
Fyra

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 7:25 pm

The dark-skinned, elfin woman stared at Hawk. "Not like I cared iffen anyfolk objected. They can agree or disagree. I'm takin' him home." With that, she snags Leo's foot in one hand, and grabs Hawk's hand in her other. A swift chant and a surge of magic slips them all into the ethereal plane, disappearing from the view of those there.

For Hawk:
Back to top Go down
Skeptical_Bunny

Skeptical_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Lily watches as they disappear. Least they are taking him where he need to go, not somewhere where he would hate to go. Leo have on a couple of occasions come across as being on guard when being close to Shadowdale, so taking him there would just be doing wrong by him. She says looking at Ivy, then looks to May and nods to her. Not much more we can do for him now, let's just head back. I'm sure we'll see him again.
Back to top Go down
star23_16

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 12:50 pm

May'katcha been silient and mostly listen to the talking, strangely also seem to keep a eye on the body. When Shimmer and Hawk dissappear with the body. May then give a arcane murmur and wave a hand in gesture as she cast True Seeing on herself. Then Lily words make her focus fall on Lily before nodding.

She then grumbles and start to walk off and away "They better have it from here and go do it "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A sight at Shadowdale Woods   A sight at Shadowdale Woods - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A sight at Shadowdale Woods
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next