Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A public letter addressed to Shevarashians

Go down 
+6
Slartibartfaß
KnowingMeKnowingYou
BreakNova
Lichy Popo
FunnyHatOfDeath
ragnarok1983
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BreakNova

BreakNova

A public letter addressed to Shevarashians Empty
PostSubject: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:29 pm

This letter is posted in several places throughout the forest.

To all Shevarashians,

It must take a man of profound pride to shoot someone who only asks for peace. For a millenia, the Eilistraeeans have lived in the firm belief to repay rudeness with kindness. In the face of your adversity, our kind has smiled and returned your insults with promises of good faith. We have provided healing to the elves, blades for their armories, and armor to protect their soldiers. We have also fought and died in your war with our darker brethren who are either ensnared in Lolth's web or entangled in Vhaeraun's lies. Yet despite this, you fool yourselves into thinking that we are your enemy. Then I will be clear.

You are poor, brash, sad shells for elves. Your wanton lust for vengeance and violence is a display I believe all good elves, ones who cherish wisdom, art, and life, would be disgusted to see from fellow Kin. There is an old saying that those who fight monsters must know where the line is drawn, so that they do not become the monsters themselves. Apparently your lines have all but withered away.

You are cowards. You would sooner kill someone who offers peace than to go into the Underdark, as your god apparently tells you to train to do, and kill the true enemy: Lolth. The greatest enemy of the Seldarine is Lolth and all other evil dhaerow followers. The strong would see that. You, however, are weak. You do not do that. Instead, you shoot your arrows at those who do not shoot back. You have no pride whatsoever. So continue on and attack the allies of Corellon who have laid down their lives to defend true elves, benevolent beings we have shed blood and died for. Go on and ignore the Lolthites who continue to kidnap your kind and drag them into the depths. Go on and ignore the Vhaeraunites who plot to overtake your city.

In turn, the Eilistraeeans will return violence with swift violence in order to end the violence quickly. Should you raise your bows against us, you will be defeated. Should you grab your sword, you will be disabled. You will be offered mercy only once, a plea for you to see reason, to see who the true enemy is. Should you refuse to listen and continue your reckless crusade, you will be blacklisted and killed on sight. I will spare no Black Archer who cannot tell the difference between an ally and an enemy. You have been warned.

-Battlemistress Ariyana
Back to top Go down
ragnarok1983

ragnarok1983

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:44 pm

*The letter is passed around and nearly makes a cleric of Shevarash chuckle. When it makes it to Kelor he states the following with some wry contempt.*

Well... what she lacks in diplomacy and truth, she makes up for with a succinct death wish. I do wish she was a greater fan of brevity. At least she ought to be polite and quit wasting text and stationary with such lengthy lies.

"We are here to help you, you are not true elves, and we will kill you all." *he says in a mocking tone* Hmm, sounds like the dhearow, but without the same gurgling of blood that normally punctuates the end of their lies.

*Kelor tosses the letter haphazardly to the next interested fellow and meanders back off into the woods.*

A public letter addressed to Shevarashians 2Q==

Last edited by ragnarok1983 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KnightCaptain

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:51 pm

Anadra reads the letter and shakes her head sadly at the folly of the leaders of Myth Drannor.

These are the so-called good drow that our leaders would ally with?

They threaten us and insult our kin.

They would have us fight the drow in the underdark while ignoring drow on the surface? why? the only people drow in the underdark threaten are other drow and those foolish enough to venture there. only on the surface can drow attack our homes and our families.

they call themselves allies of Corellon when all know that Corellon himself has cursed them? not all of us are as ignorant as some who believe their lies.
Back to top Go down
Lichy Popo

Lichy Popo

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:26 pm

*Making his restless rounds through the City of Song, Hebriolad resists using extremely violent language in response and instead just leaves a solemn message tacked to the bottom*

By the action of your own clan, by the deeds of those you claim as 'cherishing'; is spread now only disease and strife. I was attacked without provocation as I sat resting in a place of peace by an aggressive Drow issuing naked threats under this obviously false banner of respect and mercy. And others who support and abate your people watched on without an arm lifted in my defense? Can you truly claim to control your kin in the face of such crimes?

The one you call "Erth" has changed my stance forever, and I see no attempt to bring solace to me, or to those who have been affected by this sad INF ESTA.TION! *his writing takes on an uncharacteristically angry scrawl for that word* My compassion for the people was repayed with cold and senseless violence. I should have listened to the dark tales instead of seeking the society of all folk.

I rescind my desire to see the Drow safe among us, and until I have the bared neck of this blackskin before me ready to accept ANY consequence for so cruelly profaning surface custom, none of your people will be safe- as we are not safe from you. I wished only communion between the people, between all people. How can I act in trust now?

You have only yourselves to blame.

*A looping draconic figure in green is scrawled as a signature*
Back to top Go down
FunnyHatOfDeath

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:33 pm

Their true nature surfaces. I warned them.. I told them all. The Storm is Comming.

If they were truly good, they would relaize the folly of their desire for acceptance and simply leave and not subject our kin to such diviseveness. Even now they struggle to hide their true nature in a pill of lies and deceit. Letting loose their true feelings and nature when they have an excuse to place blame elsewhere.

The drow hunt us because we are elf.. the ellistreen hunt us because we are all Shevaraishian. At least it is gettign out in the open and can no longer be ignored.

*he reads the letter and then passes it onto the Corellon*
Back to top Go down
BreakNova

BreakNova

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Upon finding the message, Ariyana posts a response,

To the elf who wrote in response,

It is with great sadness that I reply to this letter upon hearing of the treatment you endured from one of our own. The death of our dearest friend Lael'min has been a subject of much mourn and grief. Our friend Erth no doubt took it the hardest and made a tragic mistake that he at this very time he deeply regrets.

We have held him accountable for this action and took him into our custody to be counseled. I am relieved to hear he did not gravely harm you. In time, he will abide by your request and be brought to you so that he may offer apology, thought it is solely up to you to accept it and show benevolence.

Until such a time can be arranged, I offer you my own apology. Erth is one of my subordinates, one who I trust and up until the death of Lael'min has done great deeds for your Kin. He is the last person I expected such an act from, which was brought on by the anger from the death of a loved one, one I believe anyone can find sympathy for. I do not ask that you forgive him now or ever, only that you are informed that the one who assaulted you was not the Erth we all know and care for. I hope that mends at least some of the wounds he has caused.

I personally would like to discuss this with you as I was not present for this incident and would like to know full details. We can arrange a place to meet if you like, or you can leave a fully detailed letter of the encounter at the Royal Oak addressed to me. There are a few that know me there and would be sure to deliver it.

-Battlemistress Ariyana

Back to top Go down
Lichy Popo

Lichy Popo

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:55 pm

*in response*

I am saddened by your suffering, how could I not be when it is over your poor and so in-need-of-console murderous ward. This is a continuing travesty. Do you truly care for my solace? No, I cannot believe so. You would call an attack on my turned back as I sat peacefully, my wounding verily unto violent death not grave?!

Here are more attempts to confuse the grievous actions of a dangerous and unaccountable criminal. If only I had been sought out before you decided to 'counsel' him for 'his loss'... but no. I was not. This was not a punishment at all, you only seek to protect your own strength by pinching a guilty ear and demanding a false apology with meekness to the offender for your own peace of mind. What is this insult? How can anyone possibly trust those who do not care to involve the person who needs justice when punishing the offender?

Contact me if you wish it; though I do not think you will be able to afford my blood debt. But despair not! For your subordinate Erth will not trouble you with his poor choices for much longer.

*the previous letter (mostly) and other parts of the correspondences sizzle angrily and crinkle at their bottom as if something caustic has been angrily spewed at them*
Back to top Go down
BreakNova

BreakNova

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 3:02 pm

To the brazen elf,

So be it.

-Battllemistress Ariyana
Back to top Go down
KnowingMeKnowingYou

KnowingMeKnowingYou

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 6:04 pm

Auryne finding one of the letters in the wood is deeply concerned about to what this may lead..
she decides to write the Coronal a letter to express her concerns...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 6:58 pm

Celuiron while stalking the woods stumbles upon this with a smirk as he reads it over, he slings his bow over his shoulder flipping the letter over and writes in thick bold letters.

"Only good dhaerow is a dead dhaerow. Welcome to war."

Celuiron then sticks his note into a tree with a black arrow with a grunt.

"Filthy dhaerow.."

He un-slings his bow to continue his hunts.
Back to top Go down
Slartibartfaß

Slartibartfaß

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Skyvayar reads the letter and snorts, which - as usual - turns into a heavy cough within the blink of an eye. He then replies.

I offered the Coronal a compromise - I would not right away attack a drow that claims to be a follower of the Maiden but give them a chance to retreat.
This offer is withdrawn.
I will not rest until the surface is free from the ones that were cursed to live below it.
And once the woods and the wetlands are free again ... then is the time I will come down to the tunnels to slay what is left of your cruel race.
You will be stopped in your ongoing intrigues to turn elf against elf.

The time of compromises is over.

Iceheart

He pins the response over one of the original letters, using a dagger encrusted in blood to do so. Then he walks away, still coughing.
Back to top Go down
Thalionmel

Thalionmel

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:08 am

"Elriewiel looks over the letter, the cleric of Sheverash smirks, then replies"

Stop telling us who our true enemies are, we know this very well.. all dhearow are our enemy.. there is no peace and there will never be peace till all dhearow are dead.. no matter what god they claim to follow.. you are betrayer.. all of you.. filthy scum. All of you will be stopped in your ongoing intrigues to turn elf against elf. I will not dishonour my lord and the vow i made and let you go away with it..Only a dead dhearow is a good dhearow.

*Elriewiel pins the note on a tree and limps away, a black arrow knocked on her bow."
Back to top Go down
EVIL

EVIL

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:53 am

*after her bodies heals up, she grabs one of the notes that she found upon the surface and starts cackling at the war she knows she can continue to fuel*
Back to top Go down
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:31 am

*the old elf regards the letters, all of them...his single eye glow with anger..he grumbles and strides off into the woods muttering*

"To much hate in this world...fools, the lot of them"
Back to top Go down
KnightCaptain

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:41 am

Anadra is quite upset about the situation.

The drow are openly threatening to murder elves.

The are openly telling lies about the Seledrine that any elven child should know are lies.

And yet people still want to say they should be our allies. and people hate others for simply telling the truth about the drow all along.

Some are even willing to abandon their sworn duty to defend the people. and to threaten to murder elves themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A public letter addressed to Shevarashians   A public letter addressed to Shevarashians Empty

Back to top Go down

A public letter addressed to Shevarashians
Page 1 of 1