Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD

Go down 
+4
shellshocked59
SiaSacham
nlyh
Dormouse
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dormouse

Dormouse

Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD Empty
PostSubject: Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD   Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Information on Myth drannor : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This has been agreed by the DMs to be the situation. It will not please everyone and I'm sorry about that. But from now on, this is the baseline to take your RP from.

There really are a lot of drow in Cormanthor. 47% to be precise, most of them Vhaerunites and this is lore (Ref: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting pp123-15).

War is here, guys. "The legions of Zhentil Keep and the drow of Cormanthor are locked in a fierce war against the refounded elf realm of Myth Drannor and its allies in the dales. As elves, drow, and humans skirmish in the wide woodlands of the Elven Court, Zhent forces also assail the western forest. A powerful army occupies the western dales. Shadowdale, for so long a bastion against Zhentish ambitions, now groans under the yoke of the conqueror" (source FR: Shadowdale – The Scouring of the Land). War is here. Zhents as well as Drow are the enemy. Much of the focus is on the Drow but the real situation is that the Zhent are enemies too. Be warned. There are implications for Elves in Shadowdale.

Historically the Elves have been open and accepting and aided all the Dales where they could. This is a proud tradition. Even in these times they remain a Good aligned folk. Turning away those in need is not to be done lightly.

Elves and Drow and Orcs. Elves are divinely commanded by Corellon to kill drow, especially followers of Lolth, and orcs. half bloods more or less fall under the same command, though it can be a grey area. A dark grey area.

Eilistraeens and Shevarashans. Eilistraee and Shevarash do NOT have a pact. Shevarashans may choose to overlook the Eilistraeens and concentrate on Vhaerunites or Lolthites, but they are often very likely to shoot first and ask afterwards. There is however a treaty between some Shevs and some Eilistraeens.

Odd snippet of info: There has even at one point been a very short lived alliance of convenience between the armies of Myth Drannor and the Lolthite drow during the Weeping War (FR: Shadowdale – The Scouring of the Land). It ended predictably badly, with the Matron Mother of House Dhuurniv killing the Elven Captain from behind with a poison dagger.

Alignments - As a small reminder Elves have only two Neutral gods. All the rest are Good and the vast majority of the elven population is good aligned.

Sneaking / Raiding into MD

If you wish to raid, get a DM to be there. It is very heavily guarded.

After discussions with other DMs it was made very clear that between the highly guarded entrance, the shapeshifted druids with insane Spot and the Tremor Sense treants, you better be well into 85+ Hide and MS to have even a chance to get.

Editted Later: Please see also the first post in this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thread.

Prejudice is common in FR and Drow, Orcs and Yuan-ti are hated and feared. Play your particular char how you choose, but please rp that the surrounding atmosphere is full of this terror and hate of these races.

Note also:

There is 11,000 years of hate and loathing between Elf and Drow and Orc. The Drow were thrown out and cursed by Corellon and it is a divine command to kill them. Again, it is a divine commandment to kill Drow and Orc. The only faint exception - arguably - is the Eilistraeens but please folk, remember, very very few elves know of the Eilistraeens, even less know them.

There is 11,000 years of hate between Elf and Drow, elves have long memories and MD was only re-founded 3 years ago, in the lives of people who live up to hundreds of years. It is divine command to kill the followers of Lolth and the related Drow gods. Now while each character is individually played please keep this history in mind.

Another note: Elf should not raise hand to Elf; the cultural tradition is extremely strong. In most circumstances it is devastating to both parties even in cases of clear self - defense.

This information has been agreed by DMs. Information about the Elf V Elf and views on Drow has been ruled by Bucephalus.

Last edited by DM Dormouse on Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
SiaSacham

SiaSacham

PostSubject: Re: Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD   Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:55 pm

// what of the thiefling should we let them in MD? It's not clear, they are of the race that usualy are not tolerate much
Back to top Go down
nlyh

nlyh

PostSubject: Re: Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD   Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:10 am

SiaSacham wrote:
// what of the thiefling should we let them in MD? It's not clear, they are of the race that usualy are not tolerate much

Any news on this?
Back to top Go down
Dormouse

Dormouse

PostSubject: Re: Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD   Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:01 am

//my own view is yes, unless they are proven bad, as the demon blood is many generations removed and they don't have the awful culture of the drow. However, the final decision will be Fflar's.
Back to top Go down
nlyh

nlyh

PostSubject: Re: Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD   Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:55 am

((Thanks, Mouse.
Back to top Go down
SiaSacham

SiaSacham

PostSubject: Re: Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD   Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:18 pm

//I am sorry Nlyh I was wrong I was sure tiefling where with it, that's why I asked Dm to step in, but there was none that knew it really. As long as your char doesn't do evil magic, or any act of evil she will be tolerated in the city.
Back to top Go down
SiaSacham

SiaSacham

PostSubject: Re: Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD   Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:46 am

//can it be update on how elf see orcs and half-orcs more then just dhaerow? Since now, the Eilistareen comes less to the city but we have half-orcs that were granted permission by Gode before she leaves. it would really help to have a general feeling of how the average (not player) citizen see this decision.
Back to top Go down
shellshocked59

shellshocked59

PostSubject: Re: Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD   Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:08 pm

Quote :
Half-Orcs Be wary of them but given there own merit maybe befriended.

((quoted from the laws sticky. I dont speak for the staff and would still like to hear their opinion of how the random citizens would treat half-orcs. But that might help))
Back to top Go down
Evocati

Evocati

PostSubject: Re: Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD   Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 6:55 pm

This is still legit folks or should be at least, just saying....
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD   Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:52 pm

((Orcs aren't allowed in the city, and the last discussion about this was clear that applied to half-orcs too - the only exception was Garok for some time, but currently there are no exceptions, and it is unlikely another will happen so soon - this way the quote doesn't apply anymore about admitance, so there is little practical use to how the citizens should regard half-orcs since they aren't allowed.

For further reference here is a link in open foruns (those with access can check Akh'Velahr foruns too): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In outside areas I suppose the explanation above suffices:
Quote :
Elves and Drow and Orcs. Elves are divinely commanded by Corellon to kill drow, especially followers of Lolth, and orcs. half bloods more or less fall under the same command, though it can be a grey area. A dark grey area.

This is not a definitive answer since you asked the staff, but I hope it can useful as reference, sorry if it was inappropriate//
Back to top Go down
Aalnyar

PostSubject: Re: Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD   Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 8:41 am

I would have figured any type of hybrid/demon would be looked at with similar scorn/distrust as the elves look at the fey'ri or demonfey
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD   Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 3:17 pm

if you ask me with in the city a drow and orc would be kos kill on sight outside the city as well.. half breeds are grey area will be a grey area for some for others they wont..

in the past tieflings were allowed in the city but things have changed since then.. i am unsure.. some i have gotten along with others i have ran out..

one thing they would have in common if allowed in the city they would all be looked upon with mistrust disdain and even anger.. tieflings would be mistrusted some would be curious others would avoid them at all cost..

again this will need staff say or not as they were asked not me..

i would say within the laws of the town you are in react and rp according to how your toon would..
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD   Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 4:49 pm

Tieflings are allowed but can be regarded bad indeed. About the daemonfey and their descendents fey'ri the reason is more serious cause they willingly bred with evil for power and to make it worse, they used this power to conquer with vile ways. The fey'ri have no excuses, but not all demon/devil part blooded is necessarily evil - still I dont recall from mind now but the mythal probably make their lives within it very bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD   Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD Empty

Back to top Go down

Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD
Page 1 of 1