Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations

Go down 
+13
Lord Droke
Hasbeengoing
devious78
Xeneize
gandruff
Max Hatchet
pvpu
DM Defiler
FuzzieBunny
Gildren
nlyh
Blood Moth
Grave_Zero
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Impliment Changes
Yes
Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 I_vote1167%Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 I_vote12
 67% [ 10 ]
No (Please List which ones you disagree with and why)
Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 I_vote1133%Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 I_vote12
 33% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
farinal

farinal

Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations   Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:42 am

So when will the voting end?
Back to top Go down
DM Defiler

DM Defiler

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations   Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:10 pm

end of this week.
Back to top Go down
DM Defiler

DM Defiler

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations   Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:11 pm

and I am only taking into acocunt No votes where people have listed which ones they disagree with and why.
Back to top Go down
Lord Droke

Lord Droke

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations   Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:12 pm

Another suggestion would be in regards to Merchant/Noble houses.

Perhaps allow groups of players to form Merchant houses under some form of your suggested rules. If a merchant house has established itself RP wise, and wishes to become a noble house, they will have to work towards the requirements for Nobility.
i.e.
Form the house web
1. Have at least two Yath players that meet the requirements for Yath'tellar and Ilharess
2. The blessing of the Yath counsel.
3. To receive the counsel's blessing, the character who wishes to add her name to the ranks of the noble houses would have to make some sort of major test.

In this way lower level player groups can establish themselves and work as a group to achieve noble status if they so choose
Back to top Go down
adventurer_class

adventurer_class

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations   Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:18 pm

I’m fine with requiring an explanation with a vote, but I suggest explanations be required for both ‘yes’ votes and ‘no’ votes. Razz I have a bad taste in my mouth about not counting only ‘no’ votes without explanation. rabbit

I voted no on the second poll. queen The intent seems mostly there, but the wording still left me wanting. Twisted Evil I tried to organize most of what was there into a slightly different draft presentation as shown below:
santa

Guild Guidelines for Full Guild Recognition in Maerimydra Refugee Camp (We’re still working on it. Guidelines last updated on 10/15/2012.)

Step 1.
IC: Find a guild leader.
OOC: Any server legal class may be an IC leader of any guild. Noble houses are typically led by an IC drow yath leader. Non-yath IC leaders are encouraged to consider options such as non-noble houses, merchant houses, and other underdark organizations. The OOC guild leader may differ from the IC leader.

Step 2.
IC: Organize guild characters into a prospective guild. Grow an IC guild reputation.
OOC: Typically involves acquiring five active players including the guild leadership into the guild. OOC guild leader is expected to OOC communicate effectively with DMs and staff. Become familiar with basic information about the underdark, camp, server, etc. Form a private guild forum.

Step 3.
IC: Convince the Maerimydra refugee camp leadership that your guild is both powerful and subservient to the Lolthite ways.
OOC: A brief OOC acknowledgment from the prospective guild leadership to the DMs and pertinent-established guild leaders that the player wants full guild recognition in Maerimydra Refugee Camp. A house may have a single head priestess that IC oversees all other priestesses in the house. Expect significant IC efforts with established PC leaders and DM NPCs to obtain noble house status.

Step 4.
IC: Complete induction ceremony into the Maerimydra Refugee Camp web of guilds.
OOC: Character last name changed to Guild Name (if desired). (The established guilds may arrange an appropriate ceremony or the new guild may work with the DM to make this an event.)

Step 5.
IC: Perform changes in IC guild leadership as necessary.
OOC: On the IC side, have at least half of the IC guild leadership on your side and defeat the current IC guild leader. On the OOC side, the challenger must discuss the efforts with the UD DMs before the IC challenge occurs. [Note: the OOC guild leader may not be challenged for OOC leadership through IC efforts although extended OOC absence may result in replacement (If problems arise, then a case-by-case OOC discussion may occur with the guild and/or DMs.).]

Step 6.
IC: Survive and continue to convince the Maerimydra Refugee Camp leadership that your guild is both powerful and subservient to the Lolthite ways.
OOC: Remain in in Maerimydra Refugee Camp with full guild recognition barring utter IC/OOC destruction, excessive public punishment rulings, excessive public heresy trials, or ulathtallar declaration of heresy. If problems arise, then a case-by-case OOC discussion may occur between the relevant parties, guild leaders and/or DMs. With significant IC efforts over time, a guild may receive a number of positions on the IC camp council.
Back to top Go down
EVIL

EVIL

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations   Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:36 am

I would vote whatever Adventure class votes. Also while voting take a break and look at my uber awesome map I made:

Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 Sshama11

However it still isn't finished. I just love mapping.

Vote Pedro as well.
Back to top Go down
Arjay

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations   Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:47 am

Disagreed with:

L - Becoming a Illharess does not automaticly entile you to a seat on the Council and that importent vote in Illthiri matters however, you a permitted to win/take a seat. (There is now a set number of seats on the council, eight. if you wish a seat, if one is empty you can petition the council and they will vote on your worthyness, or can simply challenge a seat holder.

Nobility > all in Drow matters, so it makes zero sense for a house to lose its voice on the council because the Matron is replaced. If anything, it should be the other way around, the only way to prevent the usurper from sitting on the house's seat is through challenging them.

Also I'd like to again take a stab at the "we hate men, men are scum" mentality. What makes more sense to be on the council, a noted and acknowledgedly powerful male (head of an academy, something like that) or a shebali female who simply can't be prevented because she's the right gender. Even in cannon, when someone was needed to stand in with the other matrons during the Time of Troubles against house Oblodra, they tapped Gromph Baenre (if only temporarily) instead of turning to less capable females.

Frankly, I'd like to see some opportunities open for the male characters, even if those opportunities aren't given any fanfare and the public credit goes to the females.
Back to top Go down
farinal

farinal

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations   Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Can we vote on some subjects and some other seperately to haste the process? Like for example the class or level limitations.
Back to top Go down
DM Defiler

DM Defiler

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations   Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 4:53 am

Right thankyou for everyones imput, im taking this to DM Land now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations   Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposed Changes to Drow Ranks and Requlations
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3