Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Daleland's Beholder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PrinceOfBurgerland

PrinceOfBurgerland

The Daleland's Beholder Empty
PostSubject: The Daleland's Beholder   The Daleland's Beholder EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 12:06 am

Cormanthor

Spencer Beholder reporting

Shocking developments ensued close to Myth Drannor.

Today as its defender’s fought back what was described as “A Powerful and unrelenting Drow force foddered by Orcs”.

A horrific scene unraveled as its defenders fought back a force that managed to slaughter many helpless victims.

Magical and indisputable portals were opened right into the heart of the Cormanthor, where it’s most dense and well

guarded population resides. A spokes-person for the defense of Drannor who was fronting the main portal admits that the

Mythal has been compromised
and the area is as safe as the Underdark.

Given that this once safe region is now inhabited by massive warring bands of Drow and the defenders are barely keeping

the onslaughts at bay, is it safe to to question the people in charge? Isnt it right for the common folk of the realm, the

true backbone of our society to ask, “What in the Nine Hells are you doing?”

Many citizens have voiced their disdain over the current regime and claim that while they sit in their homes of luxurious

eloquence, the common man and woman languish in the fields only to watch their children die as horde after horde

descends upon the land. The people want to know how many have to die before peace and tranquility return?

Such failures are reflected in the head of leadership one Stonemason from the morning farms remarks,

“They march around in their frilly cloaks and shiny armor, weapons that could be sold to purchase my entire land adorn their hips. But my kids still get gutted like Whisker-carp on a winter solstice morning.”

What should it take for security to be brought into the once proud (now snobbish) lands of the Cormanthor?

As the Defender of the portal that allowed such filthy and horrible beasts through said, “This place is as safe as any other.”

Is that acceptable to you?
****************************************************************************************************
Shadowdale and surrounding areas

In other news, a recent rash of wildfires has consumed hundreds of acres of Farmland around Shadowdale.

In what has been described as another dubious plot to cripple the surrounding citizenry towards dependence on the

occupying government, the facts remain a convenient mystery. Many farmers speculate that a setup by the agents of

Bane have masterminded fake “accidents” in order to demoralize and further advance the grip it already has on the

region. Census reports indicate a 200% rise in mortality rate among the farming community, which along with the

destruction of the produce recently, has driven the price of all perishables to unprecedented levels.

“Cant afford to to feed the ox that takes us to the market.” David Saddle admits. “Seed is too high, so is the hay that is needed for them to sow anything. We’re left to slay rats and our own ranch animals that used to be there for labor.”

In an astonishing coincidence, tavern sales involving alcohol and mind altering drugs are at an all time high. Shadowdale itself has become a haven for drunkards and Spice-burners.

Lets enjoy this weeks Ballad from The Silver Ferret.

Bananites

Today I was travelling in peace,
than a crime I saw one commit,
from a girl a candy was taken
in fear the man runned as chicken.

Bananite you are so brave, I feel in my bones,
bananite please pick all things and begone.

Of strife and braveness they know,
if in rage things they blow.
Once I saw one so in distress
that blowed brown the below of his dress.

A champion of evil was said he was,
mage and priest, and thief of sorts
was sent to defeat an initiated of Torm,
but didn't fight cause was running of a dog.

They deal with hells, abyss and evils,
like all they can fail to sorts like devils.
It's common knowledge most cease to exhist,
when fail to control and have to fight a quasit.

If you have to fight some never run,
cause stabb a back they always want,
instead make a scowl and you'll see,
how amazingly fast all of'em will flee.

Have something you want to publish or report? Seek out Spencer Beholder in Freehave or on the road if you’re so lucky to catch him!
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

The Daleland's Beholder Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Daleland's Beholder   The Daleland's Beholder EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 4:32 pm

An elf picks one exemplar of the Beholder and reads all of it, his impassive features show no emotion reading the texts, finally he discards it aside in a bar balcony, checks his bow string and leaves without a word.
Back to top Go down

The Daleland's Beholder
Page 1 of 1