Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Increased Gnoll Activity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DM Funnie

DM Funnie

Increased Gnoll Activity Empty
PostSubject: Increased Gnoll Activity   Increased Gnoll Activity EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Caravan raids to and from Shadowdale seem to take place more often than ever. Roads are being overrun by gnolls, mostly during nights.

Occasional travelers are spreading the word to be adviced and use caution when traveling during nights.
More troublingly, the gnolls seem organized and trained.
Back to top Go down
krampsburglar

krampsburglar

PostSubject: Re: Increased Gnoll Activity   Increased Gnoll Activity EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 12:23 pm

The Nameless reviews the days events in deep thought:
The wagons and crew were destroyed when I spied a single figure fighting off at least two dozen enraged gnolls. I joined her in dispensing with the upright dogg creatures. She excepted my help and we were quickly heading towards Fox ridge. Onse there another adventurer joined us in fighting to the top of the hill. It was clear the gnolls were coming from the cave. So, we fought our way across the entire length of the ridgeline and made our way to the cave entranse to find a sign of consern.
Increased Gnoll Activity Gnolls10

Charging inside we quickly had to change our skirmish fighting style, and fought shoulder to shoulder and sometimes back to back, to slowly cut down their numbers. We came to a door with glyphs that spoke to us. Unfortunately, one of us was not able to solve the chromatic riddle, that each was given.
Increased Gnoll Activity Gnolls11

Having to track back the other way, we were quickly engulfed in a battle with 300 gnolls! The numbers grew the deeper in we went. But so did their physical size, strength and ability to come out of the shadows. In the end, and totally depleted, there was one giant gnoll left. My two companions were nothing less then a bloody mess from their own wounds, but the majority was splattered gnoll blood. One had her arm half ripped off and the other's leg was splinted and bleeding profusely. A beautiful sight if I ever saw one. The final fight began with the beast coming out of thin air. I taunted the beast so that it would consentrate its effort on me and not my frail companions. I could not but think about that missed glyph question that would have bypassed this useless battle. In the end, we were somehow able to fell the beast.

After searching the rest of he cave complex we came across the sourse of this small army. A story was told, alliense and gifts where offered, and many more then us three where already involved. This was not the simple kill then reward we envisioned.

Increased Gnoll Activity Gnolls15

After a quiet group descussion, with further tasks desided on, we went in our different directions to contemplate what was next. Because this was far from over!
Increased Gnoll Activity Gnolls12

(((please no meta)))
Back to top Go down
DM Funnie

DM Funnie

PostSubject: Re: Increased Gnoll Activity   Increased Gnoll Activity EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Now that the gnoll army has been greatly crippled, fewer wagons disappear during nights, however, the threat is not completely over.
And it is clear that something or someone larger than mere gnolls are behind this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increased Gnoll Activity   Increased Gnoll Activity Empty

Back to top Go down

Increased Gnoll Activity
Page 1 of 1