Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DM Defiler

DM Defiler

A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale Empty
PostSubject: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:10 am

The large earthen man standing at a imppresive 7.6 feet slowly walked though town centre in his leather and bone robes, oddly iivy growing up it here and there. suddenly he would be stopped by a young mother with her two hungry looking children.

Mother: "Sir, sir!?"

Unknown Earth Gensi. "What... is... it... young one?"

Mother. "Sir... please do you have any spare food, any spare coin, we are so hungry and have no eaten for days..."

Unknown Earth Gensi gives her a stoney look. "I... will not give you food or coin, for it will only state you for a meal.. but I will.. teach you how to hunt... how your little ones can forage.... go.. tell your fellows who hunger with you... if they seek food, come with you to shadowdale east... and they shall be taught... only those.. that can feed themselves... deserve... to live... it is... the Great circle... the Grand... Design..." with that he would slowly make his way out of town, and the mother and children would run off to tell all of the other beggers.
Back to top Go down
ofhopesanddreams

ofhopesanddreams

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:29 am

Adept Auranna, who was standing by the well on a break from patrol, heard the Genasi and shook her head, muttering to herself. "This ought to be amusing. Children with weapons. I have to see this."

With this, she makes her way to Shadowdale East and leans on a tree, observing what will take place.
Back to top Go down
ARHicks00

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:33 am

*Recruit Edgar Fritzgerald listens in on the conversation while reading the messageboard. For the most part, he is ignoring the Gensai presence, but keep a tab on him.*
Back to top Go down
DM Defiler

DM Defiler

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:00 pm

The unknown Gensi would be found later on waiting by the crossroads, as the small army of beggers and hungry homeless people make their way to him, its clear the guards stationed at the east outpost watch unnerved... the skymage however seems to be itching for an excuse to fire a fireball in the direction of the large group.

As the beggers arrive they would find the unknown earth gensi with a thick wooden branch in hand, on the floor before him were a large collection of staff like brances all of them good picks to be made into a bow or a spear.

"The first step... to learning how to hunt.. is knowing... how to craft the tools you are to hunt with, in this case.. I will teach you all how to make the tools needed to hunt our pray.. Boar, I will teach you.. after the tools are made.. how to track.. drive, net and fell a boar... as well as how to use everything.. on the boar... there is... no rush.. do not.. rush... your crafting... just do... as I do... and you.. will have.. the tools you.. need... but first.. work.. on .. a empty belly.. often fails... so for this.. one time... I will feed.. you all..."

He would walk over to a near by berrie bush, pulling free a sickle and chant in a truely acient language which is commonly know as druidic. as he takes berries one by one and places them into a small wooden bowl, they would swell in size and look appitsing. finally at the end, he would cut open his hand and mutter a pair of thanks in the tongue of the druids before turning to the crowd, his hand seeminly regenarating on its own. "Take... only... one... for it is all... that is needed.." even Jeanne and the others who came from town would be offered one. if they accepted, they would find the berry.. very teasty.. and oddly very very filling.
Back to top Go down
ofhopesanddreams

ofhopesanddreams

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Jeanne taps her chin, thinking to herself as he chants over the berries. She listens to the language and smirks to herself. She quietly pays attention to any spells he may cast, seeing if she is able to identify any, and what their origin are and such. (Spellcraft 31)

When offered a berry, she takes one and looks it over before carefully putting it in her bags, wrapped in cloth. She continues watching him, a small smile can be seen on her face, but the reason isn't quite clear.
Back to top Go down
DM Defiler

DM Defiler

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:18 pm

The spell is a Druidic spell, Goodberrie.

heals 1d8+1/lev hp and is considered enough food for a person for an entier day.

The strange would then begin to teach the beggers how to make spears, bows and arrows as well as nexts made from thin bendy branches unless stop.
Back to top Go down
ofhopesanddreams

ofhopesanddreams

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:37 pm

She frowns slightly, then decides to speak up a bit after lowering her hood.

"So your plan is to teach these people, including the children, how to hunt and such, so that they may feed themselves. An intriguing endeavor. I only wonder what will happen when these people come across an animal that they think they are strong enough to defeat and then they are killed. And even when their children are slaughtered and eaten by such...I suppose that's just the Grand Design, hm? "

She folds her arms, gauging the citizen's reactions.
Back to top Go down
DM Defiler

DM Defiler

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:41 pm

The Citizens look from her and look to him.

The earth gensi slowly says. "A good hunter.. trails their pray.. and learns of it. studys it before arranging a hunt, there is always the risk of injury in a hunt, but that pain is not as bad.. as starving to death.. as these here, could tell you miss... perhaps.. you would like.. to join us?" he would say in that slow, clam voice of his as he continues teach and showing the beggers hwo to make weapons. the common folk seem to agree with his words but look to her to see if she has anything else to say.
Back to top Go down
ofhopesanddreams

ofhopesanddreams

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:47 pm

She chuckles to herself, then says, "Trails their pray, studies it. Hm..." She looks at him, then looks at the commoners, tapping her chin again in thought.

"Very well, I will join you. I have need of a nice dagger, and I think a nice personal touch would do rather than just buying one from the shop. And besides, someone will need to watch over the citizens that have just decided to walk away with a random stranger." She rubs her hands together and stretches a bit.
Back to top Go down
DM Defiler

DM Defiler

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:57 pm

A dagger you say? very well... let me teach you how to make a dagger.. so should you ever be stuck withoutone you can use what you have around you.. take that stone there.. the large grey one.. and that one there, yes.. the black and white one.. noe.. hit it on the side.. yes just like that... keep on tapping and youll brake of a shard.. good.. now just keep on chipping away and eventuall you will make a flint blade which will cut though hide and flesh as good as any mental knife or dagger... only thing is.. if you lose this one you can make it again..

*looks to the commoners* in a idea hunter gatherer cummoninty, children hunt small game, rabbits, squirals, birds and so on, woman hunt larger game, deer, dogs and the like, and the men take on the larger animals, like boar, bears, horses. some woman also hunt these and they... are a delight.. to watch..

the thing.. to remember.. is.. know.. your pray... know the area where you hunt... and never.. take more than you need. the forest provides to all that have need of it, if they treat it with respect, it matters not your race, your alligences your morals... the world around you will provide.. if you know how to make use of it.. and most importently.... how to look after it in return.. *slow smile* after all... if you over hunt.. one area... how can the pray.. breed and rear their young for next years hunts?
Back to top Go down
ofhopesanddreams

ofhopesanddreams

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:00 pm

She makes the dagger, struggling a bit as she has little strength and her hands aren't made for crafting weapons. "How in the Nine Hells...." She frowns as she chips away at the rock.

She listens to him as he talks, smirking to herself.

"Your method is smart. Shame those are around and muck things up. Makes it so that allegiances and morals -do- matter."
Back to top Go down
DM Defiler

DM Defiler

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:02 pm

He offers a slow smile and motions to a child near by also making a flint dagger.

"Everyone mucks up when they try something new, it is why I said, take your time, expirence comes from doing, youll find that learning skills can be done by anyone, despite what tribe, village or faction they belong to. the question I would think is more pressing is.. why did the faction, tribe or village, they already belong too... allowed them to get in such a state and did not provide such basic trainning, in how, to catch, your supper."

half the day had gone by at this rate and he was now teaching the common folk in how to use the tools they crafted, how the woman and children could direct the boar to flee in the desired direction by shoot arrows, how the men could set up the net so the boar ran into it and the fastest, cleanest way to kill the boar once netted.

next he would take them into the small near by woods and show them game trails, what to look for, from rabbit droppings and how to best hunt them, to learning how to reconise large prays terroriry by looking for scratching on the trees, hoof marks in the dirty, and caught fur on branchs.
Back to top Go down
ofhopesanddreams

ofhopesanddreams

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 9:54 pm

She scoffs and mutters to herself. "Perhaps because this -tribe- That watches over these citizens have already been busting their asses protecting them from outside threats like dracolich, imps, and necromancers. They can't expect us to simply spoon feed them things if they don't attempt to work at it themselves."

She watched over the genasi teaching the hunting, not stepping in, making sure to heavily ward herself before the hunts took place. She can be seen with her arms folded, watching silently, every now and then muttering things to herself in Infernal.
Back to top Go down
DM Defiler

DM Defiler

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 pm

The Earth Gensi would chuckle.

"If your small people starve to death, who are you protecting from dragons and Gods knows what else, teach one to hunt and they will teach others, teach how to hunt and look after the world around you, and your children and their children will not go hungry.. it is the way of things."

he would say to her as they walked into the forest, him seeming to become more invigored as they traveled further away from civilization.

"you should teach them the next bit, tell them the tactics for hunting boar, they are your -tribes- *small smile at the joke* people, and thus only fitting for their leaders to show lead, by example, if you get stuck, ill whisper advice in your ear.
Back to top Go down
ofhopesanddreams

ofhopesanddreams

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:22 pm

She rubs her temples and sighs. "Tactics for hunting a wild pig. Assuming it's as mindless as some of the enemies I've faced, all you'll probably need to do to start things off is bait it. Hm... Likely a pile of its favorite meal or something. Whatever that may be. Patience and being quiet are needed while waiting, of course. Set up appropriate traps around the area. Assuming it isn't startled, an Archer with a good aim could take the beast put while it was eating. I recommend having traps ready should it be startled. Nets as you said before." She stretches and looks around to the group. "Always expect the unexpected as well. Never know when what you're trying to bait turns out to be something you weren't prepared for."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:39 am

A beautiful feline proudly approaches the group. It has golden fur and blue eyes, obviously it was no ordinary cat. It observes the small army of beggars and wonders who is leading them. Beast's eyes fall upon Jeanne, and as it curiously watches, the beast wonders who could she be? She does not look like beggar does she? The beast cat seems friendly, but it holds the distance from the people as it smells city upon them. It's ears move as it listens the lessons of the earth genasi. The magical beast sits down on the ground, continuing to observe, and wags its tail. He also seems to have protective stance towards the children. Probably after becoming father himself, his love towards children raised. He would stay away from adults, but if any of children would be brave to approach the friendly beast, the magical beast would allow them to be nearby or pet him.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:54 am

Okay I'm a little confused here. Does Iwean have to actually witness this happening? I mean if he hears about this going on then he's going to check it out. Here's how he would react.

Iwean has regular conversations with the beggars of Shadowdale. One day he hears about the creature teaching farming and hunting in East Shadowdale. He travels there to see what he could find. Seeing Jeanne he approaches patiently and waits for an opportunity to speak to Jeanne, the obvious person in charge. When he get a chance he approaches, "Hello sorry for the interuption but I believe I can help you." He smiles and show her his bow and animal skins, results of his recent kills for food. "I can teach them to hunt."
Back to top Go down
ofhopesanddreams

ofhopesanddreams

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:53 am

She watches the feline carefully as it approaches and continues to do so, especially if the children go near it. She folds her arms and stares at it, trying to make herself look as intimidating as possible. ((Which is not a lot, considering her very small frame and weight of 120lbs)) She stares at it, her ice blue eyes examining the beast with a look that could be translated to, 'Try anything, and answer to me'.

As she watches the beast, she hears Iwean speak and without turning her head to him, keeping her eyes focused on the feline, she answers him.
"I am not the one teaching them to hunt. I am merely explaining tactics to them as this genasi asked. Feel free to do what you like, but keep in mind I'll be watching you."

She turns her attention to the children. It seems she cares not too much for the well being of the adults, but can be seen watching the children closely, as sort of a protective instinct.

"And one more thing. Should any harm come to those children and it's because of your failure to teach them properly, rest assured you'll answer to me." She states coldly, this time, looking at Iwean. "These children are the future. Should you steer them wrong, I will make it a personal goal of mine to find you and make you suffer. Is this clear?"
Back to top Go down
DM Defiler

DM Defiler

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 3:48 pm

The Earth Gensi, who Leo would Reconise as the Sleeper right away, would slowly smile and look to Iwean and Jeanne. "I think... you two.. can take it from here... both of you... lead the hunt.. guide them.. and at the end I will show you all something that your Tribe.. town seems to of forgotten."

((So where areyou taking the group to hunt? you could take them into fox ridge, south of where you are into bugbear terrory, or maybe try your luck in the crossroads?))

As the Sleeper watchs and offers last bit advice to the children and some of the fledgling hunters, giving pointers about how to reconise game trails and more importently, what creature they belonged too, he would look over to the giant feline and offer a nod, in a. ~good to have you here~ kind of way.
Back to top Go down
ofhopesanddreams

ofhopesanddreams

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 4:38 pm

She lofts a brow to the Sleeper. "Show us something, hm? Sounds lovely." She says sarcastically.

She looks at Iwean. "We won't be going to Fox Ridge, as it's not safe there at the time being. We could try south of us. There are some bugbears, but I will take care of them should they prove a problem." She flips through her spellbook and chooses some spells that she believes would surely take out the bugbears with ease, as well as any possible surprises. After preparing her spells, she wards herself and waits for the citizens and Iwean.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Iwean looks around and realizes that most are indeed young children. He looks for the fledgling hunters. And helps with instructions on using the bow. Checks their bows, if they have any, if not he'll use his as an example till he can get some for them. (can my survival skill be used to make hunting bows?)

Looks to Jeanne, "I have no intention of injuring anyone and will do my best to protect them." Iwean summons Roan and prepares his equipment. He follows Jeanne from the woods/shadows in stealth mode.
Back to top Go down
DM Defiler

DM Defiler

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 6:52 am

((Nope that would fall under craft weapons, however you can use your survival for a load of other things, tracking, finding the best place for a ambush, find bait, find good cover for atchers, find good trees for the children to safty sit up in so then can pepper the boar with arrows but be out of harms way, your imagination with naturey stuff is the limit Smile)

You all make your way toward the south then, the feeling in the group seems to be a good one, the children of excited, the men are joking with each other about who is going to bring down the boar and who is going to end up running away, the woman seem to be talking about the best ways too cook the boar, the mention of seasuages can be heard, all in all the mood of the group is a good one.

((How are you moving the group, please describe the formation you are doing. i.e Iwean on point, then the men, the children, then the woman then Jeanne, or are you going for the great tactical Blob formation? XD))

also leo please feel free to pm me what your doing if anything.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:17 am

Celestial Leopard follows the group, it get's close to Iwean and walk in step with him, close enough that someone might think this beast is his animal companion. His senses are good, if the group would aim towards infected parts of nature, the magical beast would give friendly roar. Iwean would understand the message. If they arrive towards hunting zone, the beast would separate from the group and enter the grass taller than himself, to hide from prey and lurk in the grass, seeking for fresh meat, be that a bird, bunny or a deer.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:33 am

Iwean will travel point and right of the track. Roan will be left and point. Monitoring the tracks and watching for sneaky bugbears. Iwean tries to impress upon Roan the importance of protecting the children. He appears to to understand. As we travel I'm taking notes of significant defensive areas and places to gather fresh herbs and veggies for the pig roast. When we stop I will go over my finding with then new hunters and take not of the ones who knew of my discoveries. I also make myself available for conversation and instruction on "naturey stuff".
Back to top Go down
ofhopesanddreams

ofhopesanddreams

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Adept Auranna stays with the women and children and keeps a watchful eye put around for anything that may harm them. She also keeps an eye out for any herbs to cook with, making sure none of the herbs found are poisonous. (Survival 15)

She watches as Iwean and his companions scout around and she watches for signs of wildlife herself. While out, she makes sure that the group whispers rather than speaks loud, so as not to scare any animals or draw attention to themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale   A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale Empty

Back to top Go down

A tall unknown Earth Gensi in Shadowdale
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next