Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

House of Redemption fliers go up...

Go down 
+5
Morganstern
Saiya
Vall Moon
Serebane
Zaroak
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
halfcentaur

halfcentaur

House of Redemption fliers go up... Empty
PostSubject: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:07 pm

*a figure in dark plate whom many would know as Crypto, tacks up fliers at the edge of the Cormanthor, along the River Path, and in the Lathander Settlement. If given a hard time about it there or anywhere else, he puts on his diplomacy face*

House of Redemption fliers go up... House-10

Last edited by halfcentaur on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

Zaroak

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Celovar pauses reading the fliers and gives a light chuckle after reading the message. He then move on, not touching the flier.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:22 pm

One of these fliers reach Nadin.

- What in Sehanine's grace is this? Some kind of dark humor? They will teach about lower denizens summoning?

He than picks the flier and departs.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

Serebane

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:34 pm

Passing through the border between the Cormanthor and Shadowdale, a green-armored figure eyes the flier momentarily. After a time a sigh escapes from behind the mask before the person turns, continuing onwards.
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

halfcentaur

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:42 pm

Vall Moon wrote:

One of these fliers reach Nadin.

- What in Sehanine's grace is this? Some kind of dark humor? They will teach about lower denizens summoning?

He than picks the flier and departs.

*wherever fliers are torn down, Crypto methodically puts up three fold more in that same area and waits around for a couple of hours... sipping mead and roasting a turkey leg over a small fire to eat. should anyone approaching stop to read the fliers or disturb them in any way, he would greet them with calm and warm demeanor.*
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:50 pm

The sun elf took the flier and departed without further comment, and didnt bother destroying any
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Passing by the flier, a youngish looking elf pauses and frowns upon reading it. "What is this, a front for a brothel?" She muses, mostly to herself. "More than likely some sick joke, no one in their right mind would believe those two responsible enough to actually teach anyone anything."
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:08 am

"What!?! A brothel? That would be cheaper then travelin ta Free Haven. I'll hav ta check it out..." Valtore then looks over the flyer, "isn't that Electra tha warlock Sunite tramp?" He strokes his beard in thought.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:38 am

"Unless their school happens to be in Free Haven." She points out to the dwarf. "They didn't exactly give a location, which leads me to believe more that it happens to be a joke. Unless they actually think people are going to track them down to apply for their little school. There isn't even any information on how to contact them."
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:29 am

"Well I teach at the school here and I've never heard of these two other then dark thins 'bout this lass. Anyone who really wants ta learn would go there."
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

halfcentaur

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:36 am

*Crypto makes his rounds checking on fliers, and happens upon the dwarf and elf chatting by a tree along the path that has one tacked to it... he stops to greet them*

A greetings m'lady... sir dwarf

*bows head with a warm smile*

Interested in our new boarding school then?
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:16 am

The dwarf looks the man over, "I remember ye from tha tournament in Free Haven. Ye fought tha Druid and tha Zhent tried ta do some funny magic didn't he? So now ye are with some demon pact tramp? Not sure 'bout ye choice in friends..."
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:26 am

"Not, particularly." She states flatly. "I've really no need for a boarding school, Crypto, and there's likely nothing you could teach me. I'm a bardess and all that." She smiles brightly.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Quietly , a blonde woman in a flowing gown, steps up overhearing some of the conversation. After catching a pause, Elektra  chimes in sweetly.
 "Sad how folks only wish to remember and believe bad things about a person.
  But the simple truth is that I was touched by the most mighty power I have ever known... Love.. And from the Goddess of love herself, Sune." , a twinkle shows in her ice blue eyes, " In no more than an instant, a life of hatred, anger, rage and vengeance was melted away... It was and still is GLORIOUS! I have genuinely forgiven
Everyone who has wronged me. . . I was even killed because someone THOUGHT I was an ally of their enemy! Such hatred has no reason, and does not want to , and no end. . . But I forgive him. I am clean in my heart.
   I know there are others out there who hurt, hate, and suffer as I did, and worse.
  If I can share, teach, or lead even one to know peace, understand love , and grow well inside ... Then all I have endured was worth it and gives me purpose.
  Yes, yes, you have heard this and that about me, and I hear things also... But, the faithless have no hope and don't even know it. The weak only need help from others to stand tall. No one in the Dales ever need to feel lost or alone... This I give of myself gladly."
  With that said, she turns to leave , reacting to any and all negative remarks with a kind smile, and a quietness as she goes
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:45 pm

The elf merely nods toward Elektra, not seeming to have an issue with the woman herself. She didn't look impressed by Elektra's declarations, however.

Turning to Crypto, she raised a brow. "Well, best of luck to you." She said, somewhat sarcastically starting to turn. Pausing, she turned back. "Honestly, while I'm not entirely certain about her, given that I really don't know her, what I've seen of you tells me this endeavor is only going to end in someone getting hurt. Most likely these people you're attempting to help. What's going to happen when one of them peeves you off, as is apparently so easy to do? You going to leave them in the middle of the wilds or whatever training session you were in the middle of like you did during our last hunting trip?"

"What about responsibility? You're really going to tell me you're qualified to lead people when you can't even be bothered to worry a very real danger right in front of you? Like say.... oh, a house on fire in the middle of the FOREST? You have the nerve to tell me that what seems important and what is are two different things when you do nothing but stare lecherously at those who were trying to put it out? And then when some maniac nutjob decides to reignite the fire, you decide it's a good time to have a bonfire? A bonfire! Really?"

"Are you truly foolish enough to think that an alchemicaly started fire fueled by rotten wood and who knows what else over a site that just had sightings of undead spawning forth is a good place to actually cook a meal over? And now you think you're of a mind to teach others a multitude of faiths. What about those who follow Chauntae, Silvanus, or Mielikkii? Those who revere nature. You just let a bonfire go in the middle of the forest because apparently that didn't register as important enough for you to do anything about and you really think you can teach these people?"

"You, sir, are an irresponsible lech and an honourless dog with no real courage to do anything truly worth something. Woe be to anyone who actually joins your school. I do pray they at least realize that evil flourishes when good men do nothing. That said, since you're very good at doing nothing, I have to wonder if that even applies to you. Or if it ever did."

"And don't go on about the woe you've had in your life. That's an excuse I just don't find acceptable. I've known people who have had worse in their life and still pull themselves up by the boot straps to do what is [/i]right[/i] over nothing. Like all those who follow Tempus, Helm, or Ilmater! Don't try to keep pretending you're something you're not."

She takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly, apparently the rant being one she'd been holding on to for a while. With the words already being said, she merely nods and turns to leave.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Valtore listen to Electra talk then watched her walk away, the hears the elf's rant and watched her stomp off. He then turns to the human " I have heard so many who 'befriend' Zhents and whore themselves out ta demons tell other why they are wrong and be to damn stupid ta know that they are beddin with evil creatures and evil people. The Zhents are responcible fur many or me kin's death and even fed them ta demons. If ye think they are 'nice people's yur a moron. So good luck findin other's that want ta follow ye, but knowin these lands, I'm sure there are some pathetic half drow and 'misunderstood' yaunti that will feed ye lies and join up." With that the dwarf leaves heading back towards the school in Myth Drannor.
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

halfcentaur

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 11:00 pm

*walks up to the sight where people banter about the posting*

Lo ye of little faith... cold is a life of rumor and hate. Safely blind as you choose not to see. There is a light... it is not in the dwarf halls or the Temple of the Seldarine... it is within thineself. Seek it and be redeemed in the name of the pure.... the nameless purity. I wish you peace.

*walks away*
Back to top Go down
Morganstern

Morganstern

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Tonan smiles wryly and pushes himself off the wall he'd been leaning against. "All I gotta say is prove it, boyo. Talk is cheap... whiskey costs gold. And preachers are a bent copper a dozen. Particularly when the rumors are true."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:10 am

"Ahh . . . miss . . ." , Elektra turns back and answers the lady. " I see you have a valid point based on the experiences that you have personally had with this man. I can understand your words and perhaps a glimpse of the emotions that make them.
One thing that is forever constant, i find , is change. I also believe that we create many of our own limitations when we believe that nothing will ever change. . .while infact. . .it already has . . . ok . what i am saying is this . . . I am not the same as I was before a Goddess touched me . . .Crypto is not the same since we met . . and I am not the same even since knowing him.
I have no idea if this might ring any bells with you , but , . . . love . .. changes people. I heard stories . .like the one you just spoke , about this man, Crypto, and even had warnings given by others who had felt spurned by him . . .rumors of . .well . . anyways . .. Neither of us are as we were before we crossed and joined paths. You need not believe it to be true.
Yes, we do seek to help others in ways there was no one to help us. My past, I cannot change. I wish i could, but some things will be no matter what i wish today. Those are the things I must accept about me . .and this man . or even in you . . .
. . But the things that we CAN still become in this life we have . . .That is what he and i hope to do ourselves and help others do as well.
It is easy to blame as many as you can think of . . .as to how you got to this point in your life . .but. ONLY youself for how long you stay there.
i wonder why we expect leaders , teachers, icons, to be perfect and above the trials of life and yet somehow know all there is to know about it . . . That is silly to me , it seems . . . .but . .instead, it makes sense to me to honor those who have been through the worst, overcome it , and live on with improve lives because of it. THOSE are the leaders that understand what every pains you suffer.
I do not hold my self out to be flawless. Nor does he.
We do hold ourselves out to be someone who cares.
I grew up in a clan of Tempus, came to serve his strategist the Red Knight, was touched by Sune . . . I have seen many things and understand much.
Why not use what I have been given?"
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 1:18 am

"Then I let time be your judge, for only time will prove just how much you, and he, have truly changed." she bows her head to Elektra as she continues on her way.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:47 am

"I dona understand how folks can believe pact mages and worshipper of some Goddess that condones sleepin around." Valtore just shakes his head and continues on.."I guess with the right attributes ye can convince anyone of anything"
Back to top Go down
Taeron

Taeron

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 am

*A towering figure walks up to one of those posters and arches a brow.*

"You've got to be kiddin... This a new Zhent trap?"

*With that, he rips the poster down - and continues to do so whenever he walks into one during his patrols. He can be heard muttering something in Illuskan as he does so.*
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:10 pm

From a distance, behind trees, ice blue eyes behold the massive man violently reacting to a piece of parchment , and a chill runs down her spine, remembering what she could of this man's mindless brutality, mixed with witness reports of her beating to death and the condition her crushed body was found in. It seems his rage continued after she was killed, mutilating beyond purpose.
All because he needed a reason to justify murder, not based on truth. . . THIS Was oddly one of the main motivators to offer help by creating the House of Redemption. She shuddered just at the sight of someone who trained all their life to kill, then used what ever reason seemed justifiable to murder. THIS was the man most responsible for her wish to help those still reachable , to heal the hate, clear the heart, and find peace within each person.
"True ", she thought ," those like this self deluding murderer are beyond reach, beyond help", and it made her both sad and afraid.
Ever so quitly, she moved away, terrified. She knew that no citizen of the Dalelands was safe when a self justifying pleasure killer , like this , walked the land.
Back to top Go down
Taeron

Taeron

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:40 pm

There is no aggression in the way he moves. Perhaps he might seem a bit intimidating - due to his size, but he moves without betraying any emotions. He's stone cold, focused. Perhaps just a bit blunt.

The lawful barbarian didn't seem to notice the devil pacter. He continued towards the road, returning to his patrol. The roads were dangerous at night. Someone had to keep them safe. Ther might be people out there in need of healing or protection. From bandits, drow, demons, devils... or even the Zhentarim.

Unaware of the lies and delusions forming inside the woman's head, the Uthgardt barbarian walked on, proud, noble and ready.
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

halfcentaur

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:49 pm

*Crypto notices a clear path of posters being taken down. He follows along until he comes across a shaken Elektra*

By the gods what's wrong it My Lady?

*When he finds out it was Taeron that recently passed through tearing up posters, he nods calmly and determined*

Wait for me in Freehaven m'love... I am going to wait for that barbarian to come through again... *he smiles soft*

I just mean to talk to him... it wouldn't be safe for you. If I am not in Freehaven by morning, look for me upon this road. I do not fear death and I do not fear lies. Think peace my love... think EMPIRE!

*he begins setting up camp and posting more fliers nearby the road and waits... patiently... hour upon hour for nearly a full day.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House of Redemption fliers go up...   House of Redemption fliers go up... Empty

Back to top Go down

House of Redemption fliers go up...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next