Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A letter to the Deputy Mayors

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CallMeWhatYouWant

CallMeWhatYouWant

A letter to the Deputy Mayors Empty
PostSubject: A letter to the Deputy Mayors   A letter to the Deputy Mayors EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 3:06 am

*a letter written in a cursive script is delivered, marked to the attention of the Deputy Mayor/s*

Lady Bryanna and Lady Kendra,

Given recent events in relation to the housing of Prisoners threatening the Township, one must ask why such people are housed with mercenaries rather than in any form of institution controlled by the township itself.

It is clear that these mercenaries, who I am sure are very competent at their various sell-sword activities, are inexperienced at best when it comes to the care and maintenance of prisoners.

Please provide us all with some security that you have a plan to ensure that threats such as these to the general populace are contained better in future. It is very discouraging to all who make efforts to contain and interrogate such if they are simply allowed to escape.

The Enchantress Shahnaz,
White Sage of Shadowdale.
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: A letter to the Deputy Mayors   A letter to the Deputy Mayors EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:49 am

Enchantress Shahnaz,

The housing of prisoners with the Black Hounds is a choice of necessity until facilities can be built within the township to do so. While I understand your angst at the prisoners' escape, and myself do not understand why they were not chained hand and foot, devoid of spell components and hurled into anti-magic cells. I would suggest in the future you keep all prisoners rendered unconscious until after they are securely behind bars.

Any assistance you and yours can provide to further assist with building a quality location within the township would be beneficial as well. I have heard grand tales of the ability of magi to do grand construction works with their magic, reinforce masonry, and render such things as magic travel and shadowdancing impossible.

Please do remember at the end of the day, Shadowdale is but a small farming community. While I truly hope to see the township grow and become stronger, more independent... how prepared to handle every eventuality of random madmen and villains do you expect the poor townspeople to be? How much can be accomplished by farmers and a few limited craftsmen in a few short months after being freed from their oppressors? I would encourage you and yours to think deeply about the bigger picture for Shadowdale, and do all you can to assist us in improving all that we can against future incidents while lessons are learned from these growing pains.

Deputy Mayor Lovich
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

CallMeWhatYouWant

PostSubject: Re: A letter to the Deputy Mayors   A letter to the Deputy Mayors EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Deputy Mayor Lovich,

I am glad to see that we of similar mind on the subject. Though in point of fact, I must correct your misunderstanding, you have stated that - "I would suggest in the future you keep all prisoners rendered unconscious until after they are securely behind bars", when I am sure you meant to write - "I would suggest in the future they keep all prisoners rendered unconscious until after they are securely behind bars", I whole heartedly agree and though I was preparing for questioning the prisoner as requested I was still conducting my research back in Shadowdale when these incidents occurred.

If you would be so kind as to point out the location that you would like such a facility built, I am sure the Mage Guild can commence the planning of such a structure. I have quite good relations with the dwarves of the ironhouse halls and can consult with them as to the best plans for such a place. We Magi are quite able to gather the required stone using Earth Elementals to both quarry and labour for us. Further to this we can also begin to assist with planning with planned magical enchantments for the prevention of some of the more common tricks that might be employed in an escape routine.

On the subject of building and construction, and in order for us to better serve the small farming community perhaps we can negotiate a small grant of land to enable us to build our tower within the township. Considering the bigger picture is what we do but we cannot do this from a room at the local Inn.

The Enchantress Shahnaz,
White Sage of Shadowdale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A letter to the Deputy Mayors   A letter to the Deputy Mayors Empty

Back to top Go down

A letter to the Deputy Mayors
Page 1 of 1